Questions for Tour Van reps

One of the coolest things I've witnessed in club making is watching someone grind wedges. To me personally its amazing to see them do it and the crazy things a club maker can do with a wedge. Watching him go to work on Fowlers wedges would have made my year. Thanks for sharing this!

watching the grinding was cool, but having him show me the "off-the-line" wedge then start walking me through what he was going to do to make it look the way rickie wants it to look was really cool. but then because he is taking mass off the wedge with the grinding, he has to tweak other aspects to get the swingweight just right.

Did I read that right a 300 yard 6 iron??!! Amazing!!! Just when you thought you'd seen everything............

I'm still amazed at how much detail goes into club making. From the measuring to the grinding and cutting to the epoxy. After watching Danny Le at UST Mamiya help me change out my shafts a few weeks ago it was wonderful to watch someone that knew what they were doing in the shop. To think the shafts were changed out and I was hitting them 20 minutes later was crazy. Now if I could just find that 300 yard shaft for my 6 iron!!! :D

Did I read that right a 300 yard 6 iron??!! Amazing!!! Just when you thought you'd seen everything............

I'm still amazed at how much detail goes into club making. From the measuring to the grinding and cutting to the epoxy. After watching Danny Le at UST Mamiya help me change out my shafts a few weeks ago it was wonderful to watch someone that knew what they were doing in the shop. To think the shafts were changed out and I was hitting them 20 minutes later was crazy. Now if I could just find that 300 yard shaft for my 6 iron!!! :D

where did you read 300 yard 6i? did i have a typo somewhere? he was hitting drivers for the most part, then a few ltd 3w and baffler 5w.

How about I send a custom 6i to test out?...

Here are my LM JMan now what do you think???... can't laugh at these from a 185lb/5'11"/50yr old...I pulled the oem made for shaft 665x and installed a aftermarket attas dk...this road leads to more yardage and dispersion for me...gained 15+y, and could for THP'ers too if you were open to test real deal shafts.

I am bombing it on the course watching oem jaw drops...the wanabe's go very quiet quick

Perhaps the clash is to promote oem...and nothing else?...why?

Take the challenge: Do me a favor try to beat these swing speed numbers at your Club Clash with oem/GBB.

024_zpstxafit6w.jpg

You know, I was going to take the high road here and not comment on this, but sitting here at the HQ of one of the biggest shaft companies in the world, with two lucky THPers that are learning all about shafts, I am going to say this.

Stop being an asshole. Want to be a part of THP? Have at it, we welcome everybody. Want to post ******** garbage like this and challenge people to "beat this", take it somewhere else (#OutingApproved :D)

You seem to be a guy that has some knowledge and loves to talk about golf, the equipment and the game. Like the tens of thousands of THPers that want the same.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of discussing something cool a THPer got to do.

where did you read 300 yard 6i? did i have a typo somewhere? he was hitting drivers for the most part, then a few ltd 3w and baffler 5w.

From the shot analysis from ProZoneGolf. Maybe I read that wrong and he was hitting driver for those numbers. Sorry, I know there are 2 or 3 different topics going on in here and should have been more direct to the question I was referring to.

Probably isn't appropriate but I'll say it anyway. JB with the Mic Drop!!

Still a great original and follow up post Chris!!

amazing what a true club builder can do right? Taos used to be my club builder and to see how he worked was really cool. Watching a guy take what's in your head and translate it into feel or looks in a golf club was amazing. Really wish he still did club work cause my stuff was perfect!

You know, I was going to take the high road here and not comment on this, but sitting here at the HQ of one of the biggest shaft companies in the world, with two lucky THPers that are learning all about shafts, I am going to say this.

Stop being an asshole. Want to be a part of THP? Have at it, we welcome everybody. Want to post ******** garbage like this and challenge people to "beat this", take it somewhere else (#OutingApproved :D)

You seem to be a guy that has some knowledge and loves to talk about golf, the equipment and the game. Like the tens of thousands of THPers that want the same.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of discussing something cool a THPer got to do.

All I am doing is posting numbers because I am not attending the club clash were you LM test drivers and shaft combo's weather OEM (or not). The challenge was a fun way to get people hit their best results.
You getting upset for some banter/challenge/LM callout.

All I am doing is posting numbers because I am not attending the club clash were you LM test drivers and shaft combo's weather OEM (or not). The challenge was a fun way to get people hit their best results.
You getting upset for some banter/challenge/LM callout.
Take some advice whether you want it or not. There is always going to be someone better than you and there's always going to be someone longer than you.

On this golf site, no one freaking cares. It's a matter of respect, and class.

Maybe I missed it, but going back through, one of the questions was, what is some of the more unique request?

Just wondering if there was an answer to that one? Love hearing about some quirks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Take some advice whether you want it or not. There is always going to be someone better than you and there's always going to be someone longer than you.

On this golf site, no one freaking cares. It's a matter of respect, and class.

Your missing my point, I am not challenging the golfer, or anyone personally here, but the engine- the shaft. Since your club clash is testing the driver with LM numbers, my challenge is to find a better shaft to produce numbers like mine or better. I am sure everyone would love to have great LM numbers, IMO: I think that testing other custom shafts like Grandura, Miyazaki, Attas & more, over big box store made for shafts, one might be able to find THP'ers the optimum numbers they have not yet experienced, felt, hit or know of.

You all need to chill out out on taking this personally. All I want is for THP'ers to play their best including you and the club clash members. I have done what your doing so many times fitting that over 20+ yrs shafting experience that could help the readers you don't know, that may not be so negative to improvements, over what they have or are considering to try, but not yet seen, felt, or hit at the range.

There are other readers here that may want to consider an aftermarket shaft over oem, 'that is their choice'. All I am posting is my success with aftermarket shafts, and I still challenge the club clash members to post their LM numbers so other readers can feel for what is hot. None of you have commented on my numbers, but lashed out...why? We are talking about the material between the grip and the head of the club. The point is to get a better game.

Last edited:
Your missing my point, I am not challenging the golfer, or anyone personally here, but the engine- the shaft. Since your club clash is testing the driver with LM numbers, my challenge is to find a better shaft to produce numbers like mine or better. I am sure everyone would love to have great LM numbers, IMO: I think that testing other custom shafts like Grandura, Miyazaki, Attas & more, over big box store made for shafts, one might be able to find THP'ers the optimum numbers they have not yet experienced, felt, hit or know of.

You all need to chill out out on taking this personally. All I want is for THP'ers to play their best including you and the club clash members. I have done what your doing so many times fitting that over 20+ yrs shafting experience that could help the readers you don't know, that may not be so negative to improvements, over what they have or are considering to try, but not yet seen, felt, or hit at the range.

There are other readers here that may want to consider an aftermarket shaft over oem, that is their choice. All I am posting is my success with aftermarket shafts, and I still challenge the club clash members to post their LM numbers so other readers can feel for what is hot. None of you have commented on my numbers, but lashed out...why? We are talking about the material between the grip and the head of the club. The point is to get a better game.
Im going to challange you to read the Club Clash thread from the beginning to understand what its about. Then you can create a new thread explaining the differences between what its purpose is and what you are thinking so everyone is on the same page.

Maybe I missed it, but going back through, one of the questions was, what is some of the more unique request?

Just wondering if there was an answer to that one? Love hearing about some quirks.

Not quoting because I think you missed it, c.a. just carrying on.

Wow such a cool experience. Thanks for sharing

Not quoting because I think you missed it, c.a. just carrying on.

nothing like responding after almost a year...

the short answer is he really didn't have any examples of extremely unique stuff. the most interesting was pulling the weight out of the f6+ head to improve sound.

nothing like responding after almost a year...

the short answer is he really didn't have any examples of extremely unique stuff. the most interesting was pulling the weight out of the f6+ head to improve sound.

Haha, no worries. Really appreciate the reply, still.

Back