Finally broke 90!!!

Congrats and enjoy the moment!!! Any time I've made a major score breakthrough, its usually followed by weeks of terrible golf. Ups and downs happen, just keep plugging away.

Congratulations. To go lower, it's FIR, GIR, and the short game.

Congratulations !

UPDATE:

Weather down here last week was crap and was unable to hit a ball since shooting the 87 (best of my life). Couldn't stand it. Well, went out yesterday (Sunday) and shot a 101. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! First hole I had a good look at birdie, left the putt short about 2 inches. Second hole par again, then it went to crap from there. I am going to go this afternoon in hopes to knock this off. But not playing for a week after the 87 killed me and my head. Didn't expect to shoot under 90 again, YET. But did expect to be mid 90s at least. PLEASE, any tips and suggestions throw my way. What do you do on down time to keep the body synced up. I think that is my biggest issue is my body timing. When it feels good I play good. Thanks in ADVANCED!

Congrats on breaking 90!

In regard to following it up with a 101 - that's how this game works sometimes. Shake it off and give it another shot.

I find most people tend to have an awful round right after shooting a PB. As much as we say we don't have expectations of shooting that same score again if not lower, in the back of your mind you always start comparing how you did against last time. I find that with my daughter who has only been playing for 3 years. She still hasn't experienced a lot of situations and I always am reminding her that just because you birdied a hole last time out doesn't mean you will today.

The less I think the better I do. When I think about my score or where I stand then tension can creep in. I find some of my best scores are when I really am not paying attention to my score. The day I shot a 39 (first time breaking 40 for 9 holes) I did't realize I was playing that well. When I go into a hole thinking I will birdie this or par this, I always mess it up and will either bogey or double. It really is just one shot at a time, take what the course and situation gives you and hit the best shot you can that swing.

I do track my stats and that has helped me to find my weaknesses in my game. I try to play to my strengths. Some day's part of my game is working better than others so I don't try to force what's not working.

Congrats on breaking 90, the good thing is you know you can do it since you've already done it. Won't be long and you'll be doing it again.

Back