What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 92 on Saturday. So dang inconsistent lately. Started off with 5 straight doubles, but started playing well in the middle of the round. Crashed out at the end. 39 putts. Way too inconsistent lately.

Shot a 92 (43-49).

Really happy with the irons, didn't miss a green with a wedge in my hand, got out of the sand without any issues, but my drives were just horrible. Fade turned in to a slice way too often, resulting in 4 drives ending up OOB. Other than that I'm pretty happy with how I played. 27 putts isn't that bad either.

37/40 today, could've been special too but got a little errant towards the end and couldn't make a putt.

41/43-84. Putting was an adventure. Sunk 12, 15 and 16 footers, 3 putted 8, 9 and 12 footers. Golf is hard!

Last two rounds were:

74 at Farmstead Golf Links in Calabash, NC. 33 putts, 67% FIR, 67% GIR
77 at Shaftesbury Glen Golf and Fish Club in Conway, SC. 33 putts, 72% FIR, 56% GIR

We hosted a little inter-club tourney here at my home club--had 6 or 7 other clubs from NW Fla and Ala come. I've been hurting a little, but, popped some ibuprofen and played on. Just took it easy swinging and managed an 82 (42, 40). Didn't make any birdies (of course, we had a side skins game), and really didn't make any putts of significance. Actually had a 4-putt in there. Anyway, my team shot 19 under (Best Ball), but, 26 under won it. Enjoyed it, played reasonable well, considering, so, it's all good.

I've decided to walk more and ride less this year. Having said that, this was a very hilly course and I didn't catch my breath till after the turn. My scores were 48-43=91. No GIR, with 20 putts on the front. The back 9, I pulled it together a little bit. Still better than work.

Went to a driving range first, to work on some issues I saw during yesterday's round. Then decided I needed to find someplace to play and see if I had worked out anything.
41-42/ 83. The front could have been a few better, but I really butchered the 9th hole after a decent tee shot. Back could have been a few better also, as I did the same butchery on the 17th that I did on 9. I have a real issue hitting the ball when it is below my feet. Both times a found myself taking a penalty.

It wasn't today but 2 days ago I got my season started. I played 9 holes. Par was 35. I shot a 47 which is close to what I normally shoot. Not bad for my first round since November.

41/40 today, 27 putts, didn't have any 3 putts until 18 when I slammed my 20ish foot par putt by (and my 79 went down the tubes). Showed up about 10 minutes before tee time so no practice chips or putts, which makes me even happier with my score.

Fox Creek Golf Club. White tees (5857 yards, 67.6/110). Course handicap for today was a 25, I shot a 93 (4 shots under my handicap). 45 on the front with 19 putts and 5/7 FIR and 2/9 GIR. 48 on the back with 19 putts, 3/7 FIR and 1/9 GIR. Short game wasn't on today and I left myself with lots of longer putts, hence the 38 putts. Two three puts (on 2 and 18) I would love to have back. My ball striking was good today ... had two tee shots I would love to have back, but otherwise tee game was doing well. No topped shots today but had plenty of fat ones. Will work on that though. Overall, happy with today. Would have loved to break 90, but oh well ...

I played Sunday at The Golf Club at Rancho California and shot an 81 (42/39, 28 putts.) Missed alot of greens but drove the ball extremely well.

Today I played Dos Lagos in Corona. Not a real difficult course but a fun track. Shot a 2 over 72 (35/37, 31 putts.) Flushed the ball all day, but a few 3 putts kept me from my first under par round in a while.

Went out after work and managed to get in 18 holes in 2 hours before it got dark. Only good thing about the round was that it was quick. I stunk, my tempo was lousy and I only hit the ball well a couple of times. Miracle that I shot an 86 (42-44) - what saved me was 30 putts.

Shot a 77 today, best round in 2 years. 10 pars in a row from #5 through #14. 23 putts. One drive OB.

Still knocking the rust off, pretty much a bogey golf round yesterday with a 46.

My short game was fantastic, but I killed myself off the tee with 3 penalties. Also had 2 other drives that left me without a second shot, just terrible angles and trees directly affecting my lines.

Still glad to get out and see my short game practice pay off.

Went yesterday, first time since injuring my knee, and shot at 95, 47-48. The first couple of drives I was so worried about my knee that I didn't put a good swing on it, but after I realized it felt fine, I played a little better. I had a couple of holes that cost me a round in the 80's but overall I was pleased, just need to clean up some mistakes.

88, 45/43, terrible ball striking on the first 9, but played the last 3 to even par so I've got some positive things to build from

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

39/39 - 78

And

40/38 - 78

Played Royal New Kent from the black tees today, 6700 yards. Beautiful weather. Tale of 2 nines. Steady front with a 37 and a wacky back with a 41. Double on 11 killed me. Hit the face of a green side bunker and plugged. Had to drop. 4th from the sand to 10 feet which was a good shot seeing as the green was 15ft above me. No birds on the round but a good 78 for sure. I am comfortable with the entire new bag of club's.

13 fairways
9 GIR
32 putts with a 3 Jack on 13
4 up and downs for par, but 2 of those were putting from the fringe.

I am driving the ball better than I can remember.

Quick story. One on the guys I played with is easily the longest driver of the ball I have ever seen in person. I have been to several PGA events. #10 playing close to 600. He drives the ball 340ish in the air with some bounce forward, wet area. He's got like 215 left and hits 7 iron. A freakin 7 iron. Hits the middle of the slope to the second tier and the ball rolls down. He's got like a 40 putt for eagle. Rolls it to the top, but it topples back down. Now he's got 50ft. Does the same thing for his birdie. 50 ft for par. Knocks it to 8 ft. Misses the bogey and walks away with a 5 putt double. I'm not rehashing to embarrass him but make a point of the severity of these huge greens. He was a wonderful ball striker and was a sight to behold. I have never played with anyone who hit the ball this long. I tried my best to prop up the THP. I hope at least one of the 3 peruse the site. Thanks for reading.

38/39 today for 77 on a par 70.

It was yesterday but 39/38 for a 77. Best round of the year for at my course.
Thank you XR Pro 16 driver :)

839e2356511037c521d0deeb3cffe9f9.jpg

you clearly need to hit more fairways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back