Trying to Break 80 Club

Forgot to post earlier.
38/41 79 on Tuesday. Two birdies, one triple and two lost balls. It was a solid iron striking day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are on quite the run. Nice work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot to post earlier.
38/41 79 on Tuesday. Two birdies, one triple and two lost balls. It was a solid iron striking day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outstanding!

Starting to really feel like I have a shot at 80 this season. Have had a few 9s in the low 40s so far and am really focused on the goal.

Those of you in the low 80s/high 70s - what's your GIR average look like? I'm only hitting about 3 greens a round right now. I figure since I am averaging 1.8 putts then I need to hit more greens to push my score down.

Starting to really feel like I have a shot at 80 this season. Have had a few 9s in the low 40s so far and am really focused on the goal.

Those of you in the low 80s/high 70s - what's your GIR average look like? I'm only hitting about 3 greens a round right now. I figure since I am averaging 1.8 putts then I need to hit more greens to push my score down.
I didn't keep stats last year. I want to say 6-8??? I am keeping track this year...I went 6/9, 1/9 last weekend. Ugh on that back 9.

Argh. I have only broken 80 twice now. So close the other day

38 on the front
Then 32 through 16. DOUBLED 17 and par on 18 for a 43 on the back

38/43 81

My heart broke when I screwed up that 17th hole.

Another sub 80 round for me today, with a disappointing 76. Yes you read that right, disappointing. We played in some pretty nasty wind and rain which didn't help.

I was tearing the course apart off the tee and my iron play was sharp with a kickstart on #2 by throwing a dart with a 9i to 5 feet for my first birdie. I drove the green on #8 for a 2 putt birdie and was -1 through 12 holes. During this stretch I missed a couple birdie putts of 5-10 feet, and didn't take advantage of the par 5s that I normally do.
On 13 tee I started to realize I might shoot a PB today and then it all went to crap haha. 2 penalties on the last 6 holes combined screwed that dream over.

Another sub 80 round for me today, with a disappointing 76. Yes you read that right, disappointing. We played in some pretty nasty wind and rain which didn't help.

I was tearing the course apart off the tee and my iron play was sharp with a kickstart on #2 by throwing a dart with a 9i to 5 feet for my first birdie. I drove the green on #8 for a 2 putt birdie and was -1 through 12 holes. During this stretch I missed a couple birdie putts of 5-10 feet, and didn't take advantage of the par 5s that I normally do.
On 13 tee I started to realize I might shoot a PB today and then it all went to crap haha. 2 penalties on the last 6 holes combined screwed that dream over.
One shot at a time...
And I feel your pain.

Broke 80 a couple of times last year but have work to do before I get there again this year. 27 scoring holes in, putting has to improve #1 and better course management/shot decision making is #2.

Another opportunity lost yesterday. The flat stick was cooperating so of course ball striking was really off, which made breaking 80 impossible. Next time!

Have yet to break 80 this season so far. Have a few 9 holes sub 40 but haven't been able to put it all together for a full round. Missing putts I should be making is killing me.

finally did it. Shot a 77 at fox lake country club in Fox Lake IL (1 double on the front, 3 Bogey's on back).

I missed 10 birdie putts with 7 coming from within 25 feet and honestly I think that was what kept me focused. Those turned into pars and instead of thinking about my score I was more concerned about missing all those birdies.

finally did it. Shot a 77 at fox lake country club in Fox Lake IL (1 double on the front, 3 Bogey's on back).

I missed 10 birdie putts with 7 coming from within 25 feet and honestly I think that was what kept me focused. Those turned into pars and instead of thinking about my score I was more concerned about missing all those birdies.
Congrats!!! You not only broke it, you smashed into pieces and set it on fire!

most rounds i'm about half and you are right, it doesnt help having to scramble. I consider putting the weakest aspect of my game so if I create more pressure to 1 putt a par, I hurt lol

Congrats!!! You not only broke it, you smashed into pieces and set it on fire!

Thanks! Last year I had two 82's and one 81. I had a feeling I would get it, just didnt expect it to come this soon in the season. The biggest help for me was switching my irons. I feel very confident hitting my irons now and knowing they should do what I want them to do. Just something about the feel and look that makes my mind think the right things standing over the ball has helped me greatly.

Thanks! Last year I had two 82's and one 81. I had a feeling I would get it, just didnt expect it to come this soon in the season. The biggest help for me was switching my irons. I feel very confident hitting my irons now and knowing they should do what I want them to do. Just something about the feel and look that makes my mind think the right things standing over the ball has helped me greatly.

I hear you there. I shot par for the first time last season in early May and I didnt think my game was ready to get there just yet. It just kind of happened.

Having clubs that inspire confidence is a huge factor in making shots. Have to believe that you WILL excute your plan.

Well I finally did it. Shot 40/39 for a 79. Didn't have a single birdie or anything over a bogey. Very steady boring round but made enough pars to do it.

Hit a 4 footer on 18 to par and break it. Had a post round beer with my buddy who was playing with me. Dang, tonight was a good night!

I will be trying to break 80 with my new 714 MB's this season!

Few rounds last year and 3 9s, 3 18s this year I've been 40-42, 82-84. Haven't been able to get those 2 strokes (inside 120 yards and putting lately).. It seems like if I make putts I don't hit fairways/greens and vice versa.

Just got a new Cure putter. My putting game has needed help. Let's see if I can shave a few strokes and break 80.

I had no chance today, but the driver and full swing are in pretty good shape to get there.

Short game and sand play, on the other hand, make me want to jump off a bridge lol. Short game just needs reps, but sand game is completely broken. If I can get it figured, I'll have a good shot at getting back here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm in for this as well. I played my best round in a long time Friday on a tough tight course Skamania Lodge. Have heard this one is a hot your driver once and then leave it in your bag. I swung easy and hot 8 out of 10 fairways with my driver. Shot a solid 82

Back