Gps Watch or Laser?

I prefer laser, it's more accurate

Laser all the way.

I have both and use both; however, if I had to choose one it would be the gps watch and it's not even close for me.

I don't wear it as an every day watch because I don't wear an every day watch (and it took me all of 9 holes to get used to wearing one while golfing).

I currently have the Garmin S3, and am in the market for a new one. The next one will be smaller, lighter, have better battery life, and less features (hopefully).

I have both and use both; however, if I had to choose one it would be the gps watch and it's not even close for me.

I don't wear it as an every day watch because I don't wear an every day watch (and it took me all of 9 holes to get used to wearing one while golfing).

I currently have the Garmin S3, and am in the market for a new one. The next one will be smaller, lighter, have better battery life, and less features (hopefully).

Look at the Bushnell Neo watch.

I have both. Arccos on the Iwatch and my Leupold. As I figured out how to use Arccos on my watch I use it more for distances since it is quicker to get a yardage, but I will always keep my laser since I can get yardages to different landmarks quickly (hazards/bunkers/etc).

I guess I am spoiled :)

I really like the laser. I don't think I've used GPS since my wife bought me a rangefinder for my birthday last year. I love being able to get accurate to the pin distances.

I'm in the both camp. My Bushnell Neo X started to die before the end of a round so I just replaced it this week with a refurb Garmin S2.

The reason I like both is if I am beyond approach distance, the watch is quick and easy plus the rangefinder is hard to get a # >250 or so. When I am close enough for an approach shot, the precision of the rangefinder takes a lot of doubt out of my mind. Its not really that I am going to hit that # but knowing it means I am not questioning it. Also, when within approach range, the GPS provides a cross check with the rangefinder so if the laser is not catching the flag, I have a clue that it might not be as the GPS is giving me a good range to expect.

I wear a Garmin S2 which I monitor very closely and use a Leupold GX-4i within view of the flag. I just can not judge distances on the course and use these to help me. I have noticed that a number of times golfers in my group that rib me over this now wait till I shoot in the distance (especially par 3's) and often go back to the cart and change clubs after I announce the distance to the pin.

I have both. A laser rangefinder that I bought last summer, and I received an apple watch as a present recently. I wear the watch daily and love many apps on it. When on the course now it is super helpful in selecting clubs. I still do pull out my rangefinder most often when I want the distance to a fairway bunker/obstacle, or to the pin on courses I'm less familiar with.

I use a rangefinder because I'm fond of getting intermediary distances, like punch out distances, distances before hazard, and distances to clear a hazard. I have nothing against GPS though and I have friends who solely use GPS. Although I've been asked more than once by them on what my reading is. :)

I have a gps watch but want to get what #cookie has. I think it's a golf buddy? Provided great info and sounded like he got a great deal on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I currently use a GPS but after reading some of the posts on a laser, my decision to go that route is made. Now which one to get?

One other point about the laser. Its more useful for practice areas.
Some of the ranges I go to don't have the flag distances marked (or marked well).
Its also helpful when dialing in less than full swing wedges into a short game practice green.

Back