2016 THP Fantasy Golf - Open For Signups

Line up in. Didn't do much research and line up doesn't have to many big names.

Got mine submitted and will probably change it a few more times before it locks

My lineup was set on Monday...today I will review and lock it in. Do any of you try to maximize your lineup or try for the minimum players using the highest payroll?

My lineup was set on Monday...today I will review and lock it in. Do any of you try to maximize your lineup or try for the minimum players using the highest payroll?

I try to get 10 guys, usually once you've picked a few of the pricey guys you need to round out your roster with some low priced sleepers.
I only could get 9 in this week with 14,000 left over.

I try to pick 3-4 guys I think will win, and then round out the rest with guys I think will have a reasonable week (but are cheap)

I look for guys who have made the most cuts. That plan has ...well not worked at all.

I start at the bottom on the cheep guys and look for total pricing screw ups, usually euro guys. Found about 3 of them this week. Once I get the must plays done I go to the top and look for terrible over priced players at the top and take them out. Next I pull up my Draftkings numbers which aren't perfect for this but I spend a lot of time with a spread sheet for the week that has weighted numbers that I weight for the week depending on the course so I will look for stand outs there. Then I pull up vegas odds to win and look for the last of the outliar prices. From there I have my 10 then I go back through and look at each player and there projections and odds to win and see if I can trade up for a much better player. That might be adding a player who is equal but only 30k and take away a guy who is 70k. Then I take that 40k and see if I can find a player who is an obvious trade up with that money. After that I give a quick look over make sure no one is WD and leave it alone. Sounds like a ton of work but most of it I do for Daily Fantasy so I am doing it anyways.

I did. He's cheap, and I think he's got the potential to make some money in this one. I'm just hoping for a better showing than last week. Whoooo did I bomb that. 99th place.

Hes in there but isnt he an amateur and dont get any money?

Glad I saw this tonight, I'm in with every penny spent.

Yep no money, that is why I couldn't decide if the people saying they like him were joking or not.

I didnt know that, thanks. Better change my line up haha.

Another losing week coming up.

Yep no money, that is why I couldn't decide if the people saying they like him were joking or not.
Almost sure he gets credited for the money he places in for Fantasy purposes. He just doesn't get the money in real life. I think tournament usually makes donation in his name.

Almost sure he gets credited for the money he places in for Fantasy purposes. He just doesn't get the money in real life. I think tournament usually makes donation in his name.
Curious about this as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The results from last week had the amateur kid with a $0. Not sure about a donation but everyone moves up 1 spot payout wise if an amateur finishes ahead of pros. Pretty sure amateurs don't affect the cut as well, but not 100% on that.

At a quick glance I can't find anyone who played him so can't say for sure if he got money for fantasy purposes. The leaderboard for the tournament has him at $0 though.

Why even have amateurs available in a league who's scoring is based on prize money? I had thought he turned pro. He's been playing in Europe quite a bit I think.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well here's to a better showing for me than last week! :) Happy Thursday everyone!

Also, when I went to set my lineup yesterday I wanted Ryan Ruffels and Thomas Pieters and neither was available yet they're in the field.

Nice to see some of my picks going low! Hopefully they can keep it up through the weekend :D

Why even have amateurs available in a league who's scoring is based on prize money? I had thought he turned pro. He's been playing in Europe quite a bit I think.

I sent Buzz an email and got a response. In our settings they don't get any points. He said the reason they are in there is because other formats have different scoring and he doesn't separate the player pool. So I am one of us who will get no points from him. At least he was only 20,000.

Bryson might as well be a pro. Since SMU has a post season ban he couldn't get a chance to defend his title so he has been traveling the world on sponsor exemptions till the masters which he is in the field as US Am champ. After that he is going pro I think.

I found out Cauley had WD after it was too late, dammit

2nd and 7th, and a few middle of the pack guys, oh and Streelman with a 78 and Na who didnt play

I have 4 at -4 and 4 guys at -2, 1 at -1 and one at even.

Back