How many fellow plumb bobbers out there?

Maybe someone who uses it could explain how it works. I'm another one that doesn't understand how it works, and I'd be interested to find out.

Paging staticline.........he'll have more inside for those interested here.

Maybe someone who uses it could explain how it works. I'm another one that doesn't understand how it works, and I'd be interested to find out.

Paging staticline.........he'll have more inside for those interested here.

Haven't plumb bob'd since I was a kid (we're talking the late 60's/early 70's here).

What has been useful for me is the feel with your feet part of Aimpoint. I don't do the finger thing but I do find that feeling the incline with my feet, particularly around the hole, is pretty helpful.

Nope never done it and really don't even know what to look for if i tried it.

I had to google it to figure out what you guys were talking about

I'll be honest. I understand the principle, but I don't know how to plumb Bob or have tried it often enough to get it right.

I can read levels fairly good, and I read the deviation of the hole from horizontal, and that's my break. I'm right 95 percent of the time, and right now I'm learning the amount of break.

I have tried it and do not understand what I am looking at/for. I asked a fellow club member, who does it on every putt, to show me what exactly am I supposed to be looking for....still don't see anything different....?

I don't do it.

Not me. I don't see crap.

I like it when I see people plumb bob a two footer.

My grandfather once tried to teach me how to do it, but I never got the hang of it.

He could do it like a champ though.

My name is Borss and I'm a plumb bobber.

nope, not for me.

I do, but most folks I play with probably don't even realize I am doing it. No production, just a quick look to confirm the break and then I walk to the low side to see how much. I usually do this while others are coming to the green or before it is my turn. I find value in plumb bobbing so I do it.

I've tried it and it does nothing for me. With your background it makes sense why your comfortable using it and if you sinking putts all the power to you.

I can respect the plumb-bob, but I don't use it. I tend to look at my right hand... if it shakes I have another beer. I tend to stagger toward the break

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Im not and dont understand it. Ive never tried it and if i did id have no clue what im looking at anyway.

I would do aimpoint before I tried this.

I don't see how it does anything after having it explained to me in person, and reading every post in this thread. Really doesn't make any sense and seems like a waste of time.

I don't plumb bob and I'm still unclear how it works.

A lot of interesting responses. When I created the thread I was really trying to target just the guy's that PB, hence the title "Fellow Plumb Bobbers" a lot of negativity on the subject. I'm kind of surprised that so many jumped in with all the negativity, you usually don't see that too much on this site. I'm not offended at all, just find it interesting. I liken it to someone creating a thread asking about a particular club and getting responses explaining that they never hit that club in the OP but like another. No value what so ever. Thanks to everyone who responded.

A lot of interesting responses. When I created the thread I was really trying to target just the guy's that PB, hence the title "Fellow Plumb Bobbers" a lot of negativity on the subject. I'm kind of surprised that so many jumped in with all the negativity, you usually don't see that too much on this site. I'm not offended at all, just find it interesting. I liken it to someone creating a thread asking about a particular club and getting responses explaining that they never hit that club in the OP but like another. No value what so ever. Thanks to everyone who responded.

I think that in part, most of us have played with plumb bobbers who also tend to be slow, and that gives the act a negative connotation. I know that a few guys I've known who used that method were agonizingly deliberate (translates to slow) in their entire game, and it was very difficult for me to play with them because I am just the opposite.

No PB here.. probably the only odd thing I don't do!
If it works more power to ya!!

Aim point here, no pb here. Only guy I play with that does this can kick my butt, so works for him. I just don't understand how it can be useful at all other than close to flat putts, which are always a "2" in aimpoint and are easy to make if you hit your line.
But who am I to say, I've been put in my place a few times about something I thought I knew about golf when I really didn't. Why is golf so hard? lol

Non plumb bomber here that would love to further my bob understanding so I could add it in to my repertoire of green reading...
I'm afraid of nothin'...
Lay it on me 'bobbers.
Tell me what you know (in detail).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back