2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
63414bf5ad482cec4ec401779514c785.jpg

Protien shake with lunch, about 60g here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63414bf5ad482cec4ec401779514c785.jpg

Protien shake with lunch, about 60g here.

I too will be sharing that shake consumption

I too will be sharing that shake consumption

My was very good, whey protein, milk, Greek yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries. Add in the Protein Pancakes I made this morning at 21g a pancake, I'd say my protein consumption is up there today. I tipped the scale at 187 yesterday... It's getting there.

My was very good, whey protein, milk, Greek yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries. Add in the Protein Pancakes I made this morning at 21g a pancake, I'd say my protein consumption is up there today. I tipped the scale at 187 yesterday... It's getting there.

Very nice. Strawberry is one of my favorite flavors but I mostly go vanilla with some bananas and peanut butter! Occasionally ill add in spinach but it doesn't really taste like much, just added nutrients. Congrats on the weight, I'm right there behind ya at 184 after that bathroom and no clothes haha.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Very nice. Strawberry is one of my favorite flavors but I mostly go vanilla with some bananas and peanut butter! Occasionally ill add in spinach but it doesn't really taste like much, just added nutrients. Congrats on the weight, I'm right there behind ya at 184 after that bathroom and no clothes haha.

Congrats! I know you've been at it for awhile.

Last edited:
Good work guys. I have the flu,103° fever and all. Keep up the good work.

It's also hard to judge what other people are lifting by what you see. They could be on a different regime, lifting lighter weight for their reps. I just did just and did 4x8 but at 135 because that's what I needed to do for the week, doesn't mean I can't or haven't lifted more, it just means I stuck to a routine.

I see your point, my gym is a little different the guys I'm talking about are all drug dealers that are at the gym for 5/7 hours a day and just go there to make sales and eff around.

It's a classy joint.

I see your point, my gym is a little different the guys I'm talking about are all drug dealers that are at the gym for 5/7 hours a day and just go there to make sales and eff around.

It's a classy joint.

Really, I didn't think Calgary was that bad when I was there. I must have just stayed in the good areas.

Really, I didn't think Calgary was that bad when I was there. I must have just stayed in the good areas.

Dbag's and drugs are everywhere doesn't matter what city your in. My gym is 10 bucks a month and in a crappy area of the city, it's a perfect recipe. I think I will finish out the year and move to a different place but 10 bucks vs 50 bucks is hard to pass up on.

Had a good workout today working arms,legs and core.
Worked everything 4x8

Squats @185 lbs(60% of max) first set was not great, the rest went smooth.
Ez-bar curls@90lbs

RDLs, felt a pinch in my hamstring on my first set so I knocked 20 lbs off and finished them out.
DB Tricep Extensions, calf raises, reverse curls, Landmine OB twist, hanging knee raises, hanging Hollow holds, push ups, and elbow tap planks

Congrats! I know you've been at it for awhile.

Thanks! Ive been trying to gain weight for awhile but only started lifting several months ago so im happy with the progress.
Good work guys. I have the flu,103° fever and all. Keep up the good work.
Thanks dude. That temp is no bueno! Hopefully you can get on some meds before its full force and nasty. Get better soon

Here you go Joe, you can watch on the weekends or in the bathroom haha. I didnt see it live so im yet to watch the whole thing either. The info starts at 8mins. Will be interested to hear your thoughts, so far the stuff ive watched has been pretty good imo.

https://youtu.be/B5fkhcYDBWE

That's pretty interesting and basically how I was taught how to squat.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's pretty interesting and basically how I was taught how to squat.

Did you make it through? Im on the one hour mark and look forward to finishing the rest. I wish they had an index or something where we could know what parts start where. Overall tho I like the content, I think is very solid info.

Did you make it through? Im on the one hour mark and look forward to finishing the rest. I wish they had an index or something where we could know what parts start where. Overall tho I like the content, I think is very solid info.
I skipped through the entire thing. :D I'm at work, so couldn't devote any some time to it.

I'm :22 in. Nothing I can argue with so far. But I will say EMG testing is unreliable for determining what muscles are doing what in the squat.

I'm :22 in. Nothing I can argue with so far. But I will say EMG testing is unreliable for determining what muscles are doing what in the squat.
I think around 30 to the 60 minute mark they go through low and high bar, I found that pretty good info. Nothing I personally haven't heard or discussed really but I think they present it in a good way.

I think around 30 to the 60 minute mark they go through low and high bar, I found that pretty good info. Nothing I personally haven't heard or discussed really but I think they present it in a good way.
I'm over an hour and nothing too egregious in my opinion.

Ahhhh. There it is.

Good morning squat. Driving chest up. There's something I disagree with.

As I know of Greg, he's talking coaching cue.

Ahhhh. There it is.

Good morning squat. Driving chest up. There's something I disagree with.

As I know of Greg, he's talking coaching cue.
Whats the time? I dont know if I made it that far yet

Whats the time? I dont know if I made it that far yet
Around 1:15. He I closed it down because I had to start cooking dinner.

Once you get that far, we can discuss. But essentially, Greg and Rip believe very similar things need to happen. But they use different cues.

Greg is also a fan of Phenomenology. Essentially, look at how strong guys do it and copy them. Which hurts his case, especially after he uses all of those big words.

Right on I'm going to continue watching tonight. Im only like 15 mins away from that part I think.

Right on I'm going to continue watching tonight. Im only like 15 mins away from that part I think.
The audio changes and turns into an overdub.

Wow. What's crazy, I'm over and hour in and there's still another hour. What the eff can they talk about for another hour.

The audio changes and turns into an overdub.

Wow. What's crazy, I'm over and hour in and there's still another hour. What the eff can they talk about for another hour.
Lol guess we'll find out. They covered quite a bit just in the half I've watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back