Live Update Thread & Contest - UST March Shaft Spectacular

....and I'll try to answer most of the questions after I get home tonight.

I freaking love this stuff. What jumps!

These threads are so cool to follow along with. I remember being new to the game and trying to find the right equipment and i also remember the feeling when you find that club or shaft that just works for you.

UST and THP are just killing it with this event. Can't believe I missed the sign-up for April. I'll make sure to not miss the next one.

Kevin getting fit.
15eea0f6d0776086df2137d725eb77c3.jpg

This has been a fun follow. Tomcat that's awesome how much yardage you were able to add with a proper fitting.

Questions posted before. My current driver is a callaway big bertha 816 dbd with a Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+70 shaft in stiff.

Really appreciate you two being so engaged given all of the craziness and education going on. It's much appreciated.

My questions:

tomcat: As a new player, did you have reservations coming in that a fitting wouldn't really help? I ask because it's a common concern among beginners that they aren't "good enough" to have fitted clubs.

evink: Based on your bag, it looks like you favor heavier shafts. Do you anticipate your fitting putting you in similar weights, or are you open to lighter shaft tech?

My current driver setups are a Nike Vapor Pro set to 11.5*, and a TM R15 Black 12* (set to 11.5*), both with Handcrafted Prototype shafts courtesy of Project X and #TheHandCraftedExperience.

Kevin testing driver now.. Currently playing Titleist 910D with Diamana ahina 72S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c44250b9596bb6f237d2c29421286115.jpg

Kevin with the XR16. Captured the ball at impact with the screen. Kevin is killing it.

So cool to see the great job UST /Mamiya is doing, very generous of their time and resources. Changing Golfer's lives for sure.

Watching a beginner get fit and seeing the difference in miss hits with modern technology is just awesome.

seeing it happen to THPers is even better.

That is absolutely cool.

Just getting caught up and all I can say is wow.. UST is bringing it yet again and those are some serious yardage gains!

Well done Cookie! Absolute pure class.

Kevin does hit the ball a long way. Really curious to see what kind of increases he ends up with after this whole experience.

tomcat: What did you learn that most stood out to you as something that EVERY golfer should know?

evinkc05: What area were you the most surprised to see improvement in after the fitting? (Distance, dispersion, etc)

Playing a RBZ Tour with a UST VTS Silver 6S

tomcatxiv: can you describe the feeling going from your old equipment to the newer irons and driver?

evinkc05: how do those Miura wedges feel? what wedges are currently in your bag?

By the way, my current driver is the XR 16 w/ 59g S Elements Helium that I got at last months #THPShaftSpecatular thanks to THP and UST Mamiya...and it is awesome. :clapp:

Got to get better at twitter

Just saw Kevin's swing on snapchat. Looks good young man! Curious to see what comes of this for you.

Tomcatxiv - what was your biggest surprise after hearing about the shaft process?

Evinkc05 - what was a myth that got debunked for you about shafts after going through the experience?

Just saw Kevin's swing on snapchat. Looks good young man! Curious to see what comes of this for you.

I saw it too and it looked really good

Danny just built Kevin's two wedges on the Recoils, and added a little weight to the head of his driver.

It's been an amazing day.

My work day is done, heading home. I REALLY ENJOYED following this thread today, and I'm looking forward to checking in tonight to see how the guys answered their questions.

What a great day!!!!!

Danny and UST are killing it, AGAIN!

Back