Spartan Races. Anyone have any plans in 2016

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
*I did a search on this and didn't find a post. Please merge if one exists*

So this past weekend I watched my brother run the Spartan Sprint at Citizens Bank Park here in Philly. It was 3 miles with 20-25 obstacles all throughout the ballpark and the surrounding areas. While watching I was a little pissed that I didn't do it myself. He finished the run in about an hour and looked like he had a fun time doing so. I've started going back to the gym after a bout with tennis elbow and decided to make it my mission to complete at least one in the new year. Anybody on here finish one? When and where and what are your thoughts on them?

It's something I am considering along with doing a tough mudder next year. May not be something I do on a regular but want to try one.

I plan on doing a Spartan and a Warrior Dash in 2016. Love the obstacle races.... much better than just running.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of running just to run. The obstacles seem to make it much more fun and you kind of forget about the running

Was considering signing up for one of these as motivation to get back into shape/exercising regularly.

I think Paladin is a Spartan racer from time to time.

Me? Not so much :D

JM

If my knees will let me, I plan to run one in 2016. I have done it in the past, but want to do one at age 60 just prove to myself I can ...

No plans. I like half marathons and distance races. These obstacles races never appealed to me. Too many d-bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct myself. The ones in St Louis have a bunch of D bags in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a goal this year to run Spartan in my 60th year and to run with my daughter ... and today I did just that ...

I am not sure how they find so many damn big hills, but they do ...

It was a sprint ...

F0FD2586-F87F-4878-B040-CA0A800BDF17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OK my daughter is trying to talk me into a Spartan Trifecta ... I am actually considering it ... looks like I can make a super in June, and a beast in September...

I have already started getting gear together ... ordered some socks designed for the runs, my shins got super beat up going over the walls. In the market for a camel pack, and to try different energy gels (or whatever they are called)

It all depends on how the super goes ... that is 8.5'ish miles ... I can not decide if I am trying to talk myself into it or out of it ... but I think about it a lot ...

It's something I am considering along with doing a tough mudder next year. May not be something I do on a regular but want to try one.

I did a tough mudder when they were just getting started, and went with my friend when he did one last year. If you do it, run early - the backups for some of the obstacles were insane.

I think Paladin is a Spartan racer from time to time.

Me? Not so much :D

JM

I have done a couple of Spartan Sprints in Phoenix. Didn't go this year, just too out of it from work, along with a couple nagging injuries.

I don't see myself doing another Sprint, so it'll be a question of whether I get around to making a trip somewhere like Salt Lake to do a Super. I will probably hold off from them for the rest of the time I'm here in Arizona, though, and look to get back into them when I get to my next duty station, wherever that might be.

Still, they are a lot of fun.

OK it is 2017 ... already have the Sprint (Phx) and Super (Vegas) done in 2017 ... got my eye on the Dallas Beast in October!

Back