Forgetting things at home

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
This kind of thread has been asked in the past but its always fun to hear some new or old stories , or some new moaning about our brain fart forgetfulness.

I was thinking of this today as I forgot my GPS watch (again). And is probably the one thing I forget most often. Fortunately there is always the phone apps so its not the worst thing.
But in just hate when I forget anything.
No doubt whatever it is its (even something minor) usually a bummer when you get to the course and its too late to go back. I mean sometimes you just got stuff on your mind and maybe squeezing a round in when you can , but getting everything together and correctly slips the mind. makes me feel naked in a way LOL whenever Im without something I normally use. My pushcart is probably the worst thing Ive left home.

I always put on my cleats prior to leaving just for the reason so I wont forget them. But sometimes I then forget my sneakers and if I have to stop somewhere on the way home like a store I may be in there with my golf cleats on...lol

Whats your worst or perhaps funny forgetful stories and how often.

Last edited:
I know a woman who has taken her cordless phone to work in her purse and left her cell phone at home. More than once.

Usually my wallet gets left behind. For golf specific stuff, sometimes my bag of Epoch tees.

My son and I would forget his GPS watch all the time, so we got rid of it and moved to a laser that stays with the bag.

I've got so bad about forgetting thinks that I bring to work that a couple weeks ago I broke down and bought a messenger bag, gray Callaway one. Everyone gives me a hard time about my "purse" but I haven't forgotten any thing yet.

About the only thing I've forgotten for the course is my PB&J sandwiches. Considering the food sucks at my home course it's a big let down when I reach for the sandwiches and find an empty pocket.

I’ve forgotten my wallet a handful of times to work but it always ends up being the day I also forget my lunch.

I have a brain that can easily lose keys, sunglasses, a wallet, or my coffee that I poured 2 minutes ago; but remember things like all of my buddies phone numbers from high school 35 years ago, checking account numbers, social security numbers for my wife and three kids, and all the digits/expiration dates of my 4 credit cards.

Because of this I leave my car keys in my car when parked at home(and often at the golf club or other safe places) and never take things out of my golf bag/locker that I need. That means I have a rangefinder for each of my three golf bags/sets of clubs and multiple pairs of golf shoes for the club, home, and lake home. Today my clubs had to be transferred back to my club from traveling over spring break and a few miles from home I had to turn around after forgetting my rangefinder that had been separated from my bag for travel purposes. Lol, it’s a curse.

One time I had an early tee time and woke up late. I was running around like an idiot to get dressed and head out the door. Made it to the course and had left my clubs at home. lol

Funny thread! Just yesterday A co-worker and I had to ride from mid Michigan to the Chicago area for a work meeting. He had brought his suitcase to work but forgot to throw it in the work vehicle for the ride to Chicago!

Once we got to the hotel to check in the girl behind the desk told me, we have you coming in tomorrow night. Somehow in Booking the hotel online I goofed up the date!

It's hell getting old!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I have a divot tool I really love to use. Nothing special about it. Its a Callaway with a magnet ball marker but I just really like it. I have a Tupperware container on my table and that is where I empty my pockets every night and that is where it always ends up. I have a really bad habit of forgetting to put it in my pocket on days I am going out to play. Its not a make or break for playing obviously but man it does irritate me that I forget it so much. I must be getting old.

Cleaned my clubs and was all ready to go... and walked out the door without them. It occurred to me about 10 minutes into the drive (senior moment!!)

I usually don't forget the essentials but I got a 32oz Yeti for Christmas that I wanted for the course. I will usually fill it with coke zero on ice or coffee and it will last the entire round. I have already left it sitting on the kitchen counter 4 or 5 times after getting my drink ready.

Forgot my shoes a few times.

Forgot my clubs once.. most often I forget the food or beer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Definitely the garmin watch. I'm so pissed at myself when I do it! I've recently noticed that the trunk/hatch area of my crossover has a lighter plug and I will be plugging it there since the clubs are kept there all the time anyhow. May not always get to 100% charge but should be enough to get through rounds.

Of course I now have to remember to buy the lighter adapter!

A friend of mine was getting into golf for the first time a few years back. To ease him into it for his first round, I suggested a Par 3 course in town. I took our all of my woods since the longest hole on this course was 177 yards. We arrived, and it was closed. Not thinking about it, I suggested we go play 9 holes at a regular par 72 course down the road. We did, and on the first tee I reach for my driver, only to realize that I had taken all of my woods out in preparation for the Par 3 course we had originally planned on playing. My buddy is a lefty, so I couldn't use his clubs. Fortunately, I still had 4 iron and up. Still shot a 45. Not terrible considering I had no woods. But man it was a kick in the gut looking down a long par 5 and having to tee off with a 4 iron.

Occasionally I'll forget my rangefinder if I've been charging it, or a glove. Not much more than that, but I'm always worried I've forgotten something...

Kind of like right now. I'm at the airport just wondering to myself if I've forgotten anything important. Especially after having gotten up at 330 - my brain isn't fully functioning.

Sort of like that time in 2017 where I forgot my passport in the hotel safe whilst in Hong Kong. Made it about 80% of the way to the airport when my wife realized the error. So we had to stay another day.... No biggie

Posted by my thumbs.

For some reason, if my cell phone is charging I'll often forget to take it when I leave the house. It's a day-ruiner for sure! On the day I was going to propose to my wife, I realized I had left the ring behind in the apartment, and I had to make up some excuse to go back to get it. Luckily it was hours before I was to propose; it would have been really crappy to reach for it when the time came and not have it!

Went to play today and forgot my clubs in the garage. Good thing I realized it 10 mins up the road. Did you read what I typed?? I went to golf and didn’t take my clubs! I’m an idiot.

Amphibians can Tapatalk

Can't tell you how many times I've played golf without my 4-iron, 7-iron and PW. Why? Because those are the clubs I take with me to TopGolf, and I forget to put them back in my bag afterwards!!!

I’ve told this story before but I was heading to the then Bridgestone Championship and got to the airport on time. Went to the counter to check my clubs and told the attendant who I was. She said she did not show me in the flight, confidently I told her here is my information on my fight details. She looked and said sir, that is for tomorrow. Paid for the extra cost and got on the plane anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to play today and forgot my clubs in the garage. Good thing I realized it 10 mins up the road. Did you read what I typed?? I went to golf and didn’t take my clubs! I’m an idiot.

Amphibians can Tapatalk

nah, not really. At least you were only 10 mins away and not at the course yet. So your only 1/3 an idiot. :)

Forgot to put the new balls I purchased in my bag one time. I only had two on me when I got to the course and had to pay for some overpriced balls so I would be able to finish. Otherwise I would be walking the edge of the woods scouting for lost balls to use. Lol

I had my 54 degree wedge out of the bag practicing in the backyard all week. Even hit a few balls the morning before a big round. Then proceeded to leave it sitting on the back porch. My beautiful wife loaded up our then young boys and drive it out to me before the start of the round.

That was really nice...

Back