Live Update Thread & Contest - UST March Shaft Spectacular

So, in addition to Krispy Kreme, BBQ for lunch, 2 hats and a shirt, I received a professional fitting, Callaway Big Bertha hybrids, irons, and a Miura wedge all on Recoil 660F3 shafts. A Callaway XR16 driver on a Helium HE5F3.

Dinner tonight, then an early tee time in the morning at The Tribute.

So, in addition to Krispy Kreme, BBQ for lunch, 2 hats and a shirt, I received a professional fitting, Callaway Big Bertha hybrids, irons, and a Miura wedge all on Recoil 660F3 shafts. A Callaway XR16 driver on a Helium HE5F3.

Sounds like an aweesome day.

Questions:
Tomcat - Are you more excited about the increased distance, or better shot disperson?

Evinkc - Were you surprised by anything in the fitting process?

For the contest: My current driver is a Callaway X2 Hot with an Aldila ATX Tour Blue, regular flex and 55 grams.

Wow fittings are HUGE! Awesome distance gains. Lindsay is a snapchat pro! Love those videos.

Thanks again to Danny and Lindsay with UST Mamiya and of course, @THPgolf!

Great follow in here. Love hearing the results and those are some ridiculous gains.

Just watched the periscope, holy cow that's crazy increase in carry, well done!

that's incredible, I mean I would have been happy with the Krispy Kreme alone... have fun woth your new bag

This thread is GOLD!!!

That is face meltingly awesome. Danny and UST aren't just killing it, they are giving it the Mortal Kombat Fatality!!

Love it! Was wondering where you guys were playing tomorrow, very nice yet challenging and FUN track!

This is so awesome! Danny and the UST gang putting on a great event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought I would say this, but I really want to go to Texas now. :act-up:

Just now catching up, looking like UST is knocking it out of the park again!

Questions for the guys:

tomcatxiv - Any changes that you will make to your game after what you have learned today about shafts?

Evinkc05 - What is the biggest improvement to your game that you hope to achieve through the shaft fitting?

Callaway Big Bertha with a Mitsubishi Fubuki 50g stiff shaft

Tapers getting fit and gaining club and half distance, amazing info from behind the scenes of an OEM, incredible swag, new clubs, driver, shafts and MIURA WEDGES??? That's how UST MAMIYA AND THP roll out the red carpet for ordinary folks!

Just like it was last month, this is such a great event and thread to follow along with. Thanks to UST for treating our guys so incredibly!!

Amazing day guys, looks like it was a blast with great UST hospitality.

That was fun. Spencer is in a new ballpark. Kevin swings it hard!

Finally got a break from work to catch up on today's action. Simply amazing. I would love to work out the details and throw my hat into the ring for one of these weekends!

Just reading the posts from Danny and Lindsay has me trying to figure out how I can budget for a trip to Dallas to enter future months' contests.

It's so awesome to see good folks engage with members on here, definitely makes me interested in checking out UST Mamiya products.

Right now I'm trying to find a solid driver/shaft combo in my bag. The current contestants are a 10.5* SLDR with the stock TP Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.3 Stiff (65g) and a 10.5* Ping G30 with the Tour 65 Stiff shaft (61g). I haven't really been able to give the Ping a fair shake, since I just picked it up a month ago. Based on simulator results though it seems a bit too spinny.

Based on what we learned today, decent chance that the tour 65 shaft in your ping g30 is a @USTMamiya manufactured product for Ping. I'd definitely give it a fair chance. Keep in mind that a proper fitting will often help with the spinniness...

Evinkc05- what was the best aspect or piece of information that you gained from today's event?

I would say that the best aspect was learning about the process of concept to delivery and all the testing and reworking throughout...

Based on what we learned today, decent chance that the tour 65 shaft in your ping g30 is a @USTMamiya manufactured product for Ping. I'd definitely give it a fair chance. Keep in mind that a proper fitting will often help with the spinniness...
Tell us more. I know a guy with a G30 who is interested.

EvinKc05: What did you learn about shaft fitting that made you go wow

I was of the school of thought that certain swing properties meant certain equipment requirements in a very prescription oriented sense, but I was surprised by how subjective it is and how dependent upon feel the process is. Example: 2 players one with a 120mph swing speed and another with a 85mph swing speed. Broadly accepted thought would say one thing, the higher swing speed was fit into a higher lofted club and the slower swing speed was in a lower lofted club based on numerous other swing characteristics...

So much fun watching it unfold in the thread catching up. Well done all, some outstanding gains with fit/tech and glorious surprises.

Back