Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

JB. Is there any way you could test the Altitude 6i and 7i against the JGR 7i? I'm curious how they compare in terms of distance and launch angle. I checked yesterday and my local shop only carries the JGR hybrids, Fairways and Drivers. No irons to demo.
I hit my Tude 6i about 155 so I'd be curious if the 7i JGR would cover that gap for me or if I'd need the 6i as well.

Easy fix. Cmon out to the THP Event in your area and put them both on the FlightScope.
This way you know for sure what goes where and how.

Easy fix. Cmon out to the THP Event in your area and put them both on the FlightScope.
This way you know for sure what goes where and how.

Thanks for the invite. I might try that. I thought you had to be playing in the event in order to come out and hit balls.

Thanks for the invite. I might try that. I thought you had to be playing in the event in order to come out and hit balls.

Nope. People are invited to the range before hand the dinner afterwards as long as they are Albatross Club Members to watch the guys get ready, cheer them on and enjoy the breaking of bread afterwards for trophy ceremony.

Nope. People are invited to the range before hand the dinner afterwards as long as they are Albatross Club Members to watch the guys get ready, cheer them on and enjoy the breaking of bread afterwards for trophy ceremony.

So I could do this for the Wilson event later this year? Or is that different because it's a "Proto"

So I could do this for the Wilson event later this year? Or is that different because it's a "Proto"

No sir. This is strictly for Regional Rivalry, since its about the regions and the masses of people.
You will be able to sign up for other events if you choose to, for instance the ridiculous and incredible Bridgestone Championship where prizes include an all expenses paid trip to Bridgestone Golf, a full bag of clubs fit by the experts and a tour of the facility.

saw these at a local golf shop, no thanks

So I want to show all of you the launch of these clubs. This is my 9i. The swing is one only a mother can love, however look how the ball takes off from the club face and gets in the air. https://vimeo.com/158752369

So I want to show all of you the launch of these clubs. This is my 9i. The swing is one only a mother can love, however look how the ball takes off from the club face and gets in the air. https://vimeo.com/158752369

Markm- What's your handicap or avg score?

Last edited:
HDCP is in my profile.

Ok cool. I was just looking at your bag to see how the JGR's fit in and the rest of your gear seemed more playerish to GI clubs. So I was just curious how you played.

I'm a hack (12-ish cap/usually shoot low to mid 80's) so the JGR's seem to fit my full on chopper bag.

Thanks for reaching out to me. The BB may get pushed out by the JGR Driver as I hit 30 yards further and Straight to Left, and I know this to be true because I just refit for with that driver 3 weeks ago - going for fitting tomorrow. As for the Exotics - Does anyone make a better Fairway Wood? and they are a local company so getting their clubs is easy. I did buy the 5i in the JGR irons and may replace my current hybrid. I could end up getting the good of both worlds. Distance of a hybrid with the stopping power with an iron - Let's see if I can hit it!

Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

So here is a couple of videos from Japan of people hitting the JGR Irons. It's in Japanese but you can tell they are amazed because they keep looking at the iron. Second one is a little long but they do have a Trackman, so they do show yardage.

http://youtu.be/hMKYk9XRQLM

http://youtu.be/LREd5AUPhro

Last edited:
Got these in today to fill out the set. Love the look of the AW!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458165056.334321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458165070.292345.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458165082.198366.jpg

Here is feedback from someone else who hit these irons "We hit the JGR Hybrid irons and say what you want about the look, those things are stupid, stupid, stupid easy to hit. I thought the Ping G was the most forgiving iron I had hit in a long time, but these things make the G look like a 1971 Forged blade with the sweet spot the size of a gnats hind-quarters. Guys - if you want forgiving, these things are as forgiving as a litter of puppies, with a nice forged feel. "

Does the AW have a much smaller flange than the rest? Can you post a picture at address?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these!

Yes - tonight

Does the AW have a much smaller flange than the rest? Can you post a picture at address?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these!

AW,9,5
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458330173.480549.jpg
Look how the 5i is has a longer face:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458330233.223660.jpg
AW:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458330252.814941.jpg
9i:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458330269.552422.jpg
5i:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458330282.498282.jpg

Mark - thanks. The progression through the set is awesome. I hadn't noticed that previously.

Mark - thanks. The progression through the set is awesome. I hadn't noticed that previously.

I'll take better photos tomorrow. When I made them smaller, it messed up the dpi.

I don't think I have ever seen a set where the heads changed that much as they progressed. Maybe I never paid attention.

I'll take better photos tomorrow. When I made them smaller, it messed up the dpi.

I don't think I have ever seen a set where the heads changed that much as they progressed. Maybe I never paid attention.

Even grainy, you can really see the progression. That's a really great design for the target audience for these.

I could even see a lot of folks who are outside that target liking these, like with the altitudes.

Even grainy, you can really see the progression. That's a really great design for the target audience for these.

I could even see a lot of folks who are outside that target liking these, like with the altitudes.

I'd hit them for sure.

I can't believe I clicked through the same ole same ole. Golf is all about confidence. Screw the numbers on the bottom of the soles - can you pull a club and hit your number? How close do you get to that number when your swing isn't perfect? That's what I want to know.

Sounds like the JGR needs to be in my testing house before I pull the trigger on new irons.

Thanks for sharing and showing your passion with the JGRs Mark, I've really enjoyed following along, I'm happy that they're working for you.

Thanks for sharing and showing your passion with the JGRs Mark, I've really enjoyed following along, I'm happy that they're working for you.

Isn't that what this is all about? Sharing one's experience for the rest to learn from?
If you don't participate, you give nothing and learn nothing.

Can't tell how many times I tried the CF 16!because everyone raved about them!

Now off to the PGATSS to test the JGR Fairways vs. my XCG7. Curious if the crown flex will beat the best in the Fairway business, Exotics.

Back