The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are crazy. These teams are two different levels. OSU would get crushed by the bigger Browns. Yes I know the Browns suck @$$, but that's like saying a top HS team could beat a DII or DIII college team. It just isn't going to happen.

Oh I absolutely agree, but it's funny that people actually think that could happen. The Browns get no love, haha

All that talent, but completely lacking common sense. Seems to happen every year.

I'm really pissed. He seemed to be serious after last screw up and got some counseling and such. I really wanted to see what he could do for a full season. Especially with a loaded offense and opening as SB favorites.

Honesty, I'd like to see them trade him right now. They didn't put up with Holmes when he got suspended. A 5th rounder sounds about right. It's time for Coates to step up.

I'm really pissed. He seemed to be serious after last screw up and got some counseling and such. I really wanted to see what he could do for a full season. Especially with a loaded offense and opening as SB favorites.

Honesty, I'd like to see them trade him right now. They didn't put up with Holmes when he got suspended. A 5th rounder sounds about right. It's time for Coates to step up.

I'd be pissed too! That kid is seriously talented, but he seems to be yet another head case. He's seriously the perfect compliment to AB on the other side a lot like Plax to Hines back in the day. Perhaps this means Wheaton will step up?

I'd be pissed too! That kid is seriously talented, but he seems to be yet another head case. He's seriously the perfect compliment to AB on the other side a lot like Plax to Hines back in the day. Perhaps this means Wheaton will step up?

Or Sammie Coates. A number of draftniks questioned why Colbert and Tomlin drafted a "Bryant clone." Reporting in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Tribune-Review suggests Bryant failed at least two drug tests since his four game suspension to get a one year sit-down.

Wowzers... Did not see this coming.

Patriots have traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals for guard Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd round pick.

Wowzers... Did not see this coming.

Patriots have traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals for guard Jonathan Cooper and a 2nd round pick.

I didn't either, but after reading who is a free agent after the 2016 for the Pats it was pretty understandable. Plus they needed line help in the biggest way. I am curious to see how Chris Long holds up and if he holds up.

I didn't either, but after reading who is a free agent after the 2016 for the Pats it was pretty understandable. Plus they needed line help in the biggest way. I am curious to see how Chris Long holds up and if he holds up.

If Long is used as a situational player he should manage to get through the year. He's definitely not an 80 snap guy anymore.

If Long is used as a situational player he should manage to get through the year. He's definitely not an 80 snap guy anymore.

Agreed on not being a 80 snap guy anymore and I am sure Belichick already has a plan on how to use him.

Agreed on not being a 80 snap guy anymore and I am sure Belichick already has a plan on how to use him.

That's what I'm afraid of :eek:

An interesting look at what they believe to be Belichicks best and worst deals!
[h=1]After two big trades, a look at Bill Belichick's best, worst deals[/h]
BEST1. Acquiring receiver Randy Moss from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a 2007 fourth-round draft choice (April 29, 2007).
2. Acquiring receiver Wes Welker from the Miami Dolphins for second- and seventh-round draft choices (March 5, 2007).
3. Acquiring running back Corey Dillon from the Cincinnati Bengals for a second-round pick (April 19, 2004).
4. Acquiring nose tackle Ted Washington from the Chicago Bears for a fourth-round pick (Aug. 19, 2003).
5. Acquiring cornerback Aqib Talib and a seventh-round pick from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a fourth-round pick (Nov. 1, 2012).
WORST
1. Acquiring the No. 36 selection in the second round to draft receiver Chad Jackson in exchange for 2006 second- and third-round picks (April 29, 2006).
2. Acquiring cornerback Duane Starks and a 2005 fifth-round pick from the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for 2005 third- and fifth-round picks (March 4, 2005).
3. Acquiring receiver Chad Ochocinco from the Bengals for a 2012 fifth-round pick and 2013 sixth-round pick (July 29, 2011).
4. Acquiring defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth from the Washington Redskins for a 2013 fifth-round draft pick (July 29, 2011).
5. Acquiring defensive end Derrick Burgess from Oakland for 2010 third- and fifth-round picks (Aug. 7, 2009)

It's sad to see a young man like that die and will be interested in the final outcome of the accident investigation but it seems like he is going to be at fault.

Hell why not, it's not like the Browns can draft a qb. Can probably get him fairly cheap too.

If Hue Jackson gets him back to form it will be a significant ROI that's for sure

Someone is going to land a gem in Alfred Morris, and for a bargain. Cowboys have interest.

Someone is going to land a gem in Alfred Morris, and for a bargain. Cowboys have interest.

Didn't he just about lose his starting role last year in Wash?

Didn't he just about lose his starting role last year in Wash?

Yup. But then again, that is not always what it appears to be. Some coaches like change of pace and committees.
What I was referring to, was a good person, that has plenty left in the tank, and unlike quite a few, plays hard as heck all of the time.

I absolutely agree... Dude is a workhorse! I would be more than happy to see him in Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back