New Game Golf system

I submitted a Game Golf feature that others may like.

I asked them to allow people to be searchable and displayed by their nicknames. I don't know everyone's real name in here, so I don't always know who's card I am looking at right away.

Also, I think there may be some privacy issues when people are asked to post their rounds using their real name.

Vote for my feature if you agree!

http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/fo...uggestions/12931476-nick-names-and-real-names

Haha playing all winter just had me a bit worried. Never to fear emailed the CS and they said don't stress we'll send out the parts you need to Aus! Great service.

Arrived today. Pulled out the old using tweezers and put the new port cover in. Easy as that and they sent me two extras incase it happens again. Well done GG.

Just purchased the Game Golf Live, arrives on Friday and I will get to try it out Saturday. I've used the free app some last year and liked it but having to pull my phone out was a bit cumbersome. Looking forward to trying this out.

Just a heads up to everyone.

I got an email (I'm sure many of you did as well) that Game Golf is going to be offline on Monday the 21st. They are switching to a new platform that promises to be bigger, better and faster. While that sounds good, I always hold my breath with these kind of updates as they don't always go as planned. I had hoped to use mine for the first time by the middle of next week. Hopefully it'll be fine by then.

Wife got me GG live for my birthday - dizzyg12 if anyone wants to follow me hacking my way around courses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife got me GG live for my birthday - dizzyg12 if anyone wants to follow me hacking my way around courses

You are going to love it.

It took me two rounds for the tagging to not be on mind. While others discuss "working it into their routines", I have done the exact opposite. Once at my ball, I tag it, THEN I begin my routine. This way I am not consciously thinking about it at any point once I get into the zone.

And don't be too fixated on forgetting. The system notices shots you didn't tag. You just assign a club to it later. All in all a wonderful system.

New Game Golf system

Well got the first round in yesterday. Love it! It's simple
And easy to use. I did what truefx suggested and tagged before my pre shot routine. I would use my laser finder and get my distance and then lick my club, tag it and then do my normal alignment and pre shot routine. Then I'd go ahead and take the shot.

I didn't have any issues with tagging or missing tags. I loved that the tags are small and don't interfere at all.

The stats were great. Everything was accurate as far as fw hit and GIR, etc.

There are a couple dislikes though. Very minor stuff: the rubber protection on the USB port broke off almost immediately. I don't think it's a big deal and I'm sure they will send me another one if I ask. And the belt clip, while a stronger spring than the original from what I hear, is just poorly designed. You can't press it to open it up, you have to pry it open and the grippy stuff on the backside doesn't do anything. Additionally it's not wide enough so the little raised lip on the Edge doesn't get to the other side of the belt and doesn't serve its purpose. I wore a cotton belt and it wouldn't stay put. It would have fallen off easily. Mate a. Thicker leather belt might be different but I prefer the cotton belts. I kept the device in my pocket. Just as easy to tag, but don't like having a lot of stuff in my pocket.

One other minor issue I had was the Bluetooth connection. I got too far away from the cart at one point and the BT dropped. It synced back up after I hit back in range but that hole ended up needing some editing because it got all screwed up somehow.

There was a software update that I didn't do until after my round - not sure what the update included but it was quick and no issues updating.

Overall a great experience. Can't wait to get more data in there!

Golfsmith has the classic on sale for 2 more days for $149.98. If I spend another $.03, I get 15% off and free shipping. Is this a good deal?

Golfsmith has the classic on sale for 2 more days for $149.98. If I spend another $.03, I get 15% off and free shipping. Is this a good deal?

I think it will come down more soon. I bought mine for $119 from Amazon. It is $132 right now.

I think it will come down more soon. I bought mine for $119 from Amazon. It is $132 right now.
Thanks. I'll wait and see

Well got my first round in with it this week. I'll use it as a training/learning experience. I forgot to charge it for the two hours before use, so it died on the 9th hole. Also I guess I was a little paranoid about the tags not tagging, so I tagged it a few times on some shots. As a result I ended up with a score of I think 60 as opposed to my actual 48...and had several shots show 0 yards as a result :) Note to self, trust the vibration you feel when tagging it..ha

When I went in to review after the round and try to edit some of those duplicate shots, I had a hard time. I watched the tutorial and thought I was following the instuctions. But I spent a lot of time trying to delete or add shots and was still unable to do it correctly. I'll have to play more with this.

Also the navigation on the map when trying to edit was a bit of a pain. it would show a close up of where the ball was on the hole, but when I tried to move the spot it would resize and mess me up. Also I coudn't quite get the hang of dragging a shot to the correct location (again part of the editing of the extra shots)

I'm assuming none of this will be an issue the next round, when I learn not to tag more than once. I didn't forget to tag any, I was able to work it into my preshot routine pretty easily.

Overall I love the information it gives and think it will be very effective in helping learn where I need to focus my practice efforts.

Don't worry about missing tags, it has some sort of g meter inside that picks up a full swing most of the time.

Don't worry about missing tags, it has some sort of g meter inside that picks up a full swing most of the time.

Really? It didn't grab my missed tee shot - but I didn't have the latest software update at the time so maybe that's why?

Not sure then. Where you wearing it on belt above the hip or somewhere else?

Good chance that is the reason, moving a little slower than if it was on your hip.

Used my new Game Golf Live for the third time since I purchased it. So far, I love the stats that I am getting from the round but one thing that is off is my closeness to the pins. I've tried to correct what I can when I edit my round back home but still, not as accurate of what I know I am doing.

Pros: Very easy to use, turn on the device a few minutes before my round, go to the app and start my round. Then its just a matter of tapping the club during my pre-shot routine. Easily get through my round with plenty of battery left but it is a good drain so make sure you have a full phone charge or an external battery.

Cons: I've lost the connection twice, the first time not a big deal and within a hole it synced up and no issues. Today however, lost connection on hole 11 and never connected again. If tis happens, just keep tagging our clubs because it will record but you loose the "Live" feature when its not synced. Still it knows where you are on the course and you can use the GPS. At the end of my round, I've not yet been able to get it to sync. I always get an error so when I get home I just plug in to my laptop and upload my round and then edit anything while its still fresh in my mind. I also am not sure what I am supposed to do when I hit a second tee ball. On hole 16, I hit my first tee shot in the water. So now I am hitting 3 off the tee. I hit the green and two putt. GG thought I had a par and a GIR but obviously it was a 5 so no par or GIR. I edited it when I got home. Since my device was not synced at that time, I couldn't edit at the time and I used the same club for my 2nd tee shot. Not sure if there is something else i was supposed to do or if you just edit afterwards like I did.

I do feel my stats right now are not representative of my actual game but only because I did very little work this winter and the range isn't yet open so I've not really practiced much. Season for me is just getting started but at least I have a baseline to work from.

I am liking it so far and will be interested in my progress as the season goes along.

Used my new Game Golf Live for the third time since I purchased it. So far, I love the stats that I am getting from the round but one thing that is off is my closeness to the pins. I've tried to correct what I can when I edit my round back home but still, not as accurate of what I know I am doing.

Pros: Very easy to use, turn on the device a few minutes before my round, go to the app and start my round. Then its just a matter of tapping the club during my pre-shot routine. Easily get through my round with plenty of battery left but it is a good drain so make sure you have a full phone charge or an external battery.

Cons: I've lost the connection twice, the first time not a big deal and within a hole it synced up and no issues. Today however, lost connection on hole 11 and never connected again. If tis happens, just keep tagging our clubs because it will record but you loose the "Live" feature when its not synced. Still it knows where you are on the course and you can use the GPS. At the end of my round, I've not yet been able to get it to sync. I always get an error so when I get home I just plug in to my laptop and upload my round and then edit anything while its still fresh in my mind. I also am not sure what I am supposed to do when I hit a second tee ball. On hole 16, I hit my first tee shot in the water. So now I am hitting 3 off the tee. I hit the green and two putt. GG thought I had a par and a GIR but obviously it was a 5 so no par or GIR. I edited it when I got home. Since my device was not synced at that time, I couldn't edit at the time and I used the same club for my 2nd tee shot. Not sure if there is something else i was supposed to do or if you just edit afterwards like I did.

I do feel my stats right now are not representative of my actual game but only because I did very little work this winter and the range isn't yet open so I've not really practiced much. Season for me is just getting started but at least I have a baseline to work from.

I am liking it so far and will be interested in my progress as the season goes along.

Yeah I am also wondering about the penalties and how the stats are affected. For example I skulled a 5i into the water, a lateral hazard, and took a drop behind the hazard in line with the hole. I put the penalty stroke on the 5i. It counted the 5i as like a 100 yard shot because that was the distance between where I hit it from and the spot where I took the penalty shot from. So it throws off the yardage stats. Not a huge deal but it would be nice those didn't get rolled into your club stats.

I didn't have anything like your example, but I imagine it would be an easy fix from a software standpoint.

I have a 1 iron tag that I use on shots like that where the ball went into the hazard or ob so it doesn't mess with the yardage stats. As an added bonus it is a good way to see how awful I was for the day. 1 irons bad, no 1 irons good.

I have a 1 iron tag that I use on shots like that where the ball went into the hazard or ob so it doesn't mess with the yardage stats. As an added bonus it is a good way to see how awful I was for the day. 1 irons bad, no 1 irons good.

Yeah there are a handful of extra tags I guess I could use for those - good idea!

Yeah there are a handful of extra tags I guess I could use for those - good idea!

But where to put it? Not on a club, so in your pocket? I'm afraid I'll lose it.

Also: I've been playing in particularly bad weather lately. That really messes up the stats, wish I could add weather conditions to the mix. In 5+ Beaufort it's a different game!

Back