Full Swing vs TruGolf Simulators

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I think we've narrowed down our choices to these two, any pros, cons, feedback on either of them would be awesome.

Full Swing
Sports-Series-Hero-3.jpg

TruGolf
premium.jpg

I think in the end we want a good simulator for winter time, to play, practice, lessons and fitting. The multi sport options will be a nice addition.

I’ve played on both. I personally feel the full swing is great but the cameras and sensors can get a bit wonky especially during short game or putting. If you stand over the ball and cast a shadow, you will find it really has difficulty picking the ball up for the sensors. However, I think the performance is more realistic than the other models out there. Both work great in my mind and if it came down to spending $30k vs $20k on a perfect setup I’d choose the lesser option and buy all the add ons. I do t think there’s a huge difference really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I won’t lie, I’m impressed. I have no opinion on either but to say that they’re way out of my league. I’m hoping to just get a SkyTrak someday, lol.

I have used the true golf before and was really impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking into the multiple simulators at one point, I was going to open an indoor simulator bar. With top golf and another coming to Charlotte, I decided against it but the TruGolf was what I had my eyes on.

It's going to be installed at my home course, I just volunteered to help with the research/testing. There's a trugolf close enough for us to test, and a partial version of the full swing that hopefully I'll be able to try. But just watching videos and reading specs, it's tough to decide.

Out of curiosity, what are the factors that led you to these two options? Price, software (visual) quality, accuracy, and online play are not competitive for either of these with what else is out there.

The only plus to having one of these over the options I would suggest is that you can have both right and left-handers play together easily...is that a major concern for your club?

Back