Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

I'm right there in the low 90's and play the Z745's 5-PW. I was also intimidated but my local shop let me take home the 6-iron for a few days and after a few trips to the driving range and using it and just my putter on a Par 3 course - i wasn't going back. After just a month of having them in the bag - I almost hit this years goal of a sub-90 round (91). It was putting and a single blow up hole that started with a bad drive....I'm coming from a Cleveland 588-MT + TT combo and i never felt comfortable with the transtition from the TTs to the MTs - honestly i wish i would have just kept them all TTs when i ordered them. Originally contemplated 5-6 545, 7-PW 745's. That said I have no regrets about going with all 745s (with Nippon 950s).

I'm right there in the low 90's and play the Z745's 5-PW. I was also intimidated but my local shop let me take home the 6-iron for a few days and after a few trips to the driving range and using it and just my putter on a Par 3 course - i wasn't going back. After just a month of having them in the bag - I almost hit this years goal of a sub-90 round (91). It was putting and a single blow up hole that started with a bad drive....I'm coming from a Cleveland 588-MT + TT combo and i never felt comfortable with the transtition from the TTs to the MTs - honestly i wish i would have just kept them all TTs when i ordered them. Originally contemplated 5-6 545, 7-PW 745's. That said I have no regrets about going with all 745s (with Nippon 950s).

How you doing with the long irons thus far? I know that's why many have gone to the combo set of 545's as their long iron choice. Just curious on your take being a low 90's guy.

My take on the 745 long irons... I have 3 and 4 irons in the bag as a combo with 945 5-pw. I am in love with them. So glad to get the 745 in the 3 and 4, provide just a bit of help where I need it.

The best thing I can say is that I'm not afraid to pull them. Keep in mind my longest iron is the 5. Depending on which club is in timeout - the next club is either a hybrid or a 7 wood. My game is based on 200 yards - that is from driver on down - i don't expect to hit anything greater than 200 yards - it's a sad statement to be sure - so the only way i can compete is on accuracy. The 5 & 6 have not negatively impacted my scores - in fact - I've hit some of my best shots with the 6 iron - at least two shots to tap in distance. Those two are "luck", but what i could count on was the general distance and the limited dispersion i get with these irons. The other thing i notice - and i'm sure its covered somewhere here on the THP - i think the clubs are effectively training me to pay attention to my swing. The miss i have is a severe push that can show up with any of the irons - Nowadays I know what causes that and it makes me pay attention to how my swing and follow through feel. I did almost go with the 545s in the 5 & 6 - i really agonized over it...but like i said previously - my experience was that i never felt comfortable with that transition from the TT's into the MT's.....it shouldn't have made a difference - but it did.....Anyway - those days with the 6 iron loaner convinced me that i could hit the 745 6 iron AND if i was going to get the 5 iron - why just have the one 545 iron in the bag.......Anyway - if i had to do it again - I'd still buy the 5 & 6 Z745s......

All of you might just get me another set of irons with this gushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from the other thread. Will be gaming the 6 and 7 iron from this line this year. Along with a 545 5 iron and 8-PW of the 945 line. 1 degree weak from standard. I'll post feed back as soon as the weather cooperates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else still gaming these? I guess I was a little late to the party but these 745s are some of the best irons I have played! Maybe its the V sole but best turf interaction I have experienced yet and such a true flight. I am really enjoying these irons. I hit them well with the stock S300 but put my 5.5 Flighteds in them and they are just an awesome combo for me.... Don't hear much chatter around here about them, just wondering if anyone is still gaming them.

Mine came in last week with Kbs tour s shafts.i have been hitting them in the cg2 simulator ,and figuring out my distances and gapping.These are beautiful Irons and a lot of fun hitting theses.Cant wait for the snow to go.I find that for me they are the most forgiving players Iron I have tried.

Anybody else still gaming these? I guess I was a little late to the party but these 745s are some of the best irons I have played! Maybe its the V sole but best turf interaction I have experienced yet and such a true flight. I am really enjoying these irons. I hit them well with the stock S300 but put my 5.5 Flighteds in them and they are just an awesome combo for me.... Don't hear much chatter around here about them, just wondering if anyone is still gaming them.

I absolutely love these irons! I honestly want them 4-PW...I have a combo set of z545 4-6 and z745 7-pw. I wish I had z745 only because they are so solid feeling!

Mine came in last week with Kbs tour s shafts.i have been hitting them in the cg2 simulator ,and figuring out my distances and gapping.These are beautiful Irons and a lot of fun hitting theses.Cant wait for the snow to go.I find that for me they are the most forgiving players Iron I have tried.

Mine originally came with the tour 120s and they felt great but were a little heavy for me. I love those shafts though.... And I agree, these are fun to hit. I look forward to the shots when I don't need fw wood or wedge!

I absolutely love these irons! I honestly want them 4-PW...I have a combo set of z545 4-6 and z745 7-pw. I wish I had z745 only because they are so solid feeling!

The long irons in the 745s are stupid easy to hit IMO. My original set came 4-pw, but I went out and found a 3 iron and I am happy I did. I am inconsistent with hybrids and these long irons really make it easy to keep those shots in play when I need them. The 545s are nice though... GI iron without really looking like one. This whole Srixon line is ridiculous.

These irons are the best irons I gave gamed. Shot my PB with them as well and many many countless amazing shots. I don't see them leaving my bag soon

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Any updates on these? I see a lot of guys who were gaming them have different irons in their signatures now.

I hit these at golftown the other day and was really impressed.
Not a fan of super strong lofts, how does weakening them effect the v-sole?

Any updates on these? I see a lot of guys who were gaming them have different irons in their signatures now.

I hit these at golftown the other day and was really impressed.
Not a fan of super strong lofts, how does weakening them effect the v-sole?

Still got mine and love em! Added Recoils and it's just like slicing warm butter now.

I've still got the 3 and 4 iron in 745 and I do enjoy them still. Best success I've had in those slots, even over hybrids

Still have them in the bag, too. Picked up a set of JPX 850 Forged but don't see them beating out the 745s. Not sure how weakening the lofts affects the sole, but I am enjoying the few extra yards of carry I get, even if I did have to refigure my wedge set-up. These irons are totally worth building the bag around.

I do not see these irons leaving my bag anytime soon. In the past I have been one to change quite often so this can attest to these

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Hi kc720

Saw that your are playing the z745/z945 black combo! I´m thinking of buying the same combo or a straigt z745 set, but I dont know if I should go with the special edition black or standard chrome version?? Can you please tell me how the all blacks are holding up and how you like them? Whats your view on this??
Playing Cobra Amp Cell Pro and really loves them and was sure I was to game the new Cobra King Forged then I found the Srixons, Havent heard of anyone except you gaming the Z all black so please tell me what you think.

All the best from Sweden

Hi kc720

Saw that your are playing the z745/z945 black combo! I´m thinking of buying the same combo or a straigt z745 set, but I dont know if I should go with the special edition black or standard chrome version?? Can you please tell me how the all blacks are holding up and how you like them? Whats your view on this??
Playing Cobra Amp Cell Pro and really loves them and was sure I was to game the new Cobra King Forged then I found the Srixons, Havent heard of anyone except you gaming the Z all black so please tell me what you think.

All the best from Sweden

The black is holding up beautifully after about 100 rounds. I don't think they are available any longer though. They were a limited release and all sold out from what I heard. Perhaps someone ordered them and still have stock of heads... bottom line is I love them and the finish is very durable

The black is holding up beautifully after about 100 rounds. I don't think they are available any longer though. They were a limited release and all sold out from what I heard. Perhaps someone ordered them and still have stock of heads... bottom line is I love them and the finish is very durable

Pics!!!!!

Looks like there are a couple sets for sale on ebay from Japan... pricey, but beautiful.

Back