Hello from Nashville TN!!

WillP

Reaction score
Handicap
Good afternoon fellow hackers! Been lurking here for a while and figured it was time to introduce myself. I normally don’t participate on forums and have zero interest in social media (I cut the cord from social media 7 years ago and never looked back) but the community here seems like the one place I should make an exception. I sincerely mean that, THP seems to be a beacon of light in an endless ocean. I genuinely look forward to becoming a more active member and becoming a part of this awesome community.

So a little back story: I played golf growing up with my step dad and siblings, back then it was more about the bonding than the actual game. We were all terrible, but sure did have a heck of a time. I never thought much about playing as an adult until a little over a year ago when a friend of mine invited me to play in a tournament with him as part of a foursome; another guy backed out 3 weeks before the tourney. So here I am, haven’t played golf in 15 years, and don’t even have any clubs.... looking back it’s the best decision I ever made, because ever since that day I have been so in love with this game. Those 3 weeks spent preparing for the tournament were some of the hardest and most frustrating times I’ve ever had, GOLF IS HARD. That’s why I love this game, every hole, every shot, is a battle against yourself. Golf has taught me so much about myself it’s crazy, it’s helped me deal with how hard life can be..... because no matter what life throws at me, golf is 10x as hard.

Preparing for the tourney my wife gave me a budget of $300, which I put to good use putting together a bag I’m actually really happy with a year + later. Here’s a WITB for anyone interested.

Driver — 9.5* Callaway razr fit driver - Aldila RIP stiff

Fairway — 15* Callaway razr fit extreme 3 wood - Aldila trinity stiff

Hybrid — 20*(N/D) Callaway 815 alpha 3hy - UST recoil f4
22* (+2/D) Callaway GBB 4hy - UST recoil f4

Irons — Tommy Armour 845s OS 5-9 - true temper tour step stiff (paid $85 for a set that had never been hit!)

Wedges — SM5 48* F/8*
SM5 52* F/8*
Wishon PCF micro tour 56*
SM5 60* L/4* (thinking of trading this one out, got it as part of a set with the other SM5 wedges, it’s great out of tight lies and wet bunkers but not very versatile)

Putter — Wilson Staff Michigan ave

I believe my bag is a true testament to the fact that you can get out on the course and enjoy it with a limited budget. I don’t think any of my clubs are “holding me back.” My wife has promised me a full fitting for my birthday next year! I do believe I need to get my swing in order before spending that kind of money lol

TLDR hello everyone! I am beyond excited to join the community here! Sorry for the long introduction, I am just excited to be here ha

Last edited:
Welcome to THP.

Thanks JB! Thank you for providing such a great community.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully this season I’ll make it up to KY to try some tracks.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. You chose a great place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Welcome. Enjoyed your story and I also believe your bag is a testament.
I think you and your wife have a great plan.

Always nice to have wonderful things. But it is not the course you play or the clubs you pack, it is how you participate, that makes a golfer good.

And good isn't a reflection of the day's score.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! I lived in Nashville for two years while I was going to school!

Welcome aboard! This is a great forum. Put in a little bit and you'll get so much more out of it.

Also, at some point, please consider the Albatross Club. It supports a fantastic cause, St. Jude, and opens up the possibility of participating in some absolutely awesome events and perhaps winning some great equipment and other gear.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome aboard, I’m a Nashvillian also...

Welcome aboard! This is a great forum. Put in a little bit and you'll get so much more out of it.

Also, at some point, please consider the Albatross Club. It supports a fantastic cause, St. Jude, and opens up the possibility of participating in some absolutely awesome events and perhaps winning some great equipment and other gear.

First thing I did when I joined, easiest $40 I ever spent.

Welcome aboard, I’m a Nashvillian also...

I grew up here, moved away, then came back 10 years ago. I’ve seen the whole country touring in my youth, Nashville is by far my favorite place. Many nashvillians on the forum??

First thing I did when I joined, easiest $40 I ever spent.

:dohanim: I must have missed the badge when I looked at your post.

Back