What is your go to meal?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My go to meal is Phyllo wrapped chicken breasts with a onion and chives cream cheese filling
Wild Rice and Grilled Asparagus.
Phyllo.jpg

It is easy to get stuck in a rut when making meals so I was looking for some new ideas for dinner!

Thanks
MattyD

Anything in the Instapot but if its go to:

2 pounds of whatever roast is on sale.
Cubbed and browned for a couple mins
Jar of pineapple or mango salsa
Hour later and I'm eating shredded beef tacos.

tacos or pizza.

what do you mean go to? like the one you could have over and over? that would be steak. i love steak.

if you're stuck in a meal rut, consider one of the meal delivery services like blue apron or hello fresh. we've done hello fresh for a couple years. we save the recipes we like. at some point we'll probably stop the service and just randomly pick meals each week. it's in no way cost effective, that's for sure.

Beef tips over rice with sautéed onion and peppers.

Hmmm it’s either Pizza or Pasta

Chicken Parm with Angel Hair

what do you mean go to? like the one you could have over and over? that would be steak. i love steak.

if you're stuck in a meal rut, consider one of the meal delivery services like blue apron or hello fresh. we've done hello fresh for a couple years. we save the recipes we like. at some point we'll probably stop the service and just randomly pick meals each week. it's in no way cost effective, that's for sure.

You and my dad are the same. This is hard to believe but in high school I got sick of steak! We had it A LOT!

Two to 4 egg omelet with cheese, ham, and pepperoni with 20-24 oz of whole milk.

That's breakfast the vast majority of the time (probably 6+ days each week on average).

Dinner is usually a low-carb tortilla with Turkey, chicken, or ham (or a combination of the 3), cheese, pepperoni, mayo, and Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce.

Tuesdays, I usually have 6 pcs of chicken from Popeye's... 3 legs and 3 thighs, just because they're cheap on Tuesday.

After I get home, I usually have a small snack from whatever the wife cooked for dinner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Air fryer wings. So easy and so good.

It has to be pizza for me. There’s a pizza place in town that probably laughs every time our order comes through since it’s rather frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godfathers Pizza.

We might need an air fryer.
You absolutely do. Best $70 investment I have made this year. Great for all chicken, fries, etc.

You absolutely do. Best $70 investment I have made this year. Great for all chicken, fries, etc.
I can see how the simplicity would be a draw, but I can't get away from the fact that I'd be giving up so much fat.

Ramen. Brunch/Lunch/Dinner/Late night, I will eat it without complaining or hesitation.

Cheesesteak, all day every day and twice on Tuesdays

could eat every day? Tacos
go to meal to make? Chili. It's about the only thing my wife lets me cook

Two to 4 egg omelet with cheese, ham, and pepperoni with 20-24 oz of whole milk.

That's breakfast the vast majority of the time (probably 6+ days each week on average).

Dinner is usually a low-carb tortilla with Turkey, chicken, or ham (or a combination of the 3), cheese, pepperoni, mayo, and Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce.

Tuesdays, I usually have 6 pcs of chicken from Popeye's... 3 legs and 3 thighs, just because they're cheap on Tuesday.

After I get home, I usually have a small snack from whatever the wife cooked for dinner.

I might have to change this. The past three days, I've skipped breakfast completely. I wake up around 0900. Wednesday, I woke around 0600. Tuesday and Wednesday, I didnt wat the first time until around 1830-1930. I'm on pace for it today, too, other than maybe 8 oz of whole milk after my run and a little almond flour bread and all natural peanut butter snack before work.

I'd love to get my IF cycle up to 18/6, but that might be a stretch.

Chicken Pot Pie.

Three of my favorite things.
Chicken, pot, and pies? I don't think that's what the "pot" in pot pies is normally referring to.

I’m shocked, literally shocked that what you wrote doesn’t say nuggets

Don't be fooled, I can eat both on large quantities.

Back