151 Posts
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bag: C-130
    Driver: King F7
    Fairway Wood: King F7
    Hybrids: XR (19) & XR (22)
    Irons: XR (5-PW)
    Wedges: Vokey SM6 (52), Tour Trusty (56), 588 Tour Action (60)
    Putter: Toulon Long Island

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Connor. For This Useful Post:

oumagic (04-22-2019)

Ball washer attendant
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    543 Posts

My brother, nephew, and I play Kokopelli GC in Gilbert quite a bit.
    WITB
    Driver: F9 SPEEDBACK 10.5* (+1*)
    Fairway: F9 SPEEDBACK 3/4 (15.5*)
    Hybrids: Rogue 3 & 4
    Irons: Rogue 5-AW
    Wedges: CBX 54*, 58*
    Putter: Stroke Lab Seven S
    Ball: ERC Soft

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

oumagic (04-22-2019)

Handicap
    UNOFF 10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    A little more depth to my introduction. I typed up something real quick the day I joined and then have spent more time and love the neighborhood :)

I grew up in Oklahoma and I really started playing in 1995 when I started working for a company out of Kansas after graduating from a small school in Missouri. I hit the ball around as a teenager, but not with rules or scores. The guys at work all played and were probably 20 handicaps at the time. I remember my first round with them I shot 131 and was not sure I would ever play again. I improved roughly to a 100 golfer in about 6 months. I upgraded my hodgepodge set to a 1994 Big Bertha iron/driver and that was the first set I ever purchased (my others were given to me by a stranger when I was 15-16). My last name is Callahan and after buying the Callaway clubs I was given the nickname of Callawack by the group. I was transferred to Arizona in 1998 and that is where I really started playing. In 1999, one of our other plant managers bet me that I could not beat the best golfer out of the group in 2000. I would say I was around an 18 handicap at the time and he was around a 12. Obviously it is doable, but with me being in Arizona and he being in Kansas, I would have limited shots. Well, I did it and had my handicap down to 9.6 in 2001. My first child was born in 2003 and second in 2005, so I didn't play much from then until 2015 or so; club soccer and club dance really took most of my time as a very involved youth soccer coach and evolved into a team manager later when I wasn't qualified to coach the better players ;)

Fast forward to 2017, I was 45 and been with the company for 20+ years. Some of the original co-worker group have passed on or are no longer able to play. Business isn't what it used to be and we aren't able to all get together once a year like in the past. I had lost my passion for the game but an acquaintance through youth soccer invited me to play a few times. We then got involved with a Sunday group in December 2018. I shot 101 there and decided it was time to start playing and practicing again. I had some Ping G5 irons from 2005? and decided I wanted to go back to Callaway and improve my game. I don't have an official handicap but use a free tracker starting January 2019 and am at 8 in my 16 rounds of the year. Most importantly, I am loving the game again that I fell in love with back in 1998. I revamped the bag and am ready to start playing again.
    Last edited by oumagic; 05-29-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    4.5, 14way
    ARCCOS sensors on all clubs
    CP2 midsize grips
    XR16 driver set to 10.5 deg with R flex Bassara 42 shaft
    GBB fairway woods (2015) with Kuro Kage Black 50 (3W/5W/Heavenwood) set to 15/18/21 degrees
    2019 Big Bertha 5-AW irons steel shaft (regular)
    CBX 54 deg and 58 deg wedges
    33" Red Ball putter
    Chromesoft X Triple Track

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oumagic For This Useful Post:

mikeg_74 (05-01-2019), Roadrunner (05-01-2019)

Junior Golfer
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Nice Screen name.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MarMill8412 For This Useful Post:

oumagic (05-01-2019)

Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oumagic View Post
    I am 46 years old with male with two kids age 16 and 13. I found the site looking for info on a golf ball. I used to play a lot, then we had kids and I has shoulder issues. Started playing again in January and loving the game again. I look forward to visiting the forums here in the future.

Edited to add on 5/1/19:

A little more depth to my introduction. I typed up something real quick the day I joined and then have spent more time and love the neighborhood :)

I grew up in Oklahoma and I started playing in 1995 when I started working for a company out of Kansas after graduating from a small school in Missouri. The guys there all played and were probably 20 handicaps at the time. I remember my first round with them I shot 131 and was not sure I would ever play again. I improved roughly to a 100 golfer in about 6 months. I upgraded my hodgepodge set to a 1994 Big Bertha iron/driver and that was the first set I ever purchase. My last name is Callahan and after buying the Callaway clubs I was given the nickname of Callawack by the group. I was transferred to Arizona in 1998 and that is where I really started playing. In 1999, one of our other plant managers bet me that I could not beat the best golfer out of the group in 2000. I would say I was around an 18 handicap at the time and he was around a 12. Obviously it is doable, but with me being in Arizona and he being in Kansas, I would have limited shots. Well, I did it and had my handicap down to 9.6 in 2001. My first child was born in 2003 and second in 2005, so I didn't play much from then until 2015 or so; club soccer and club dance really took most of my time as a very involved youth soccer coach and evolved into a team manager later when I wasn't qualified to coach the better players ;)

Fast forward to 2017, I was 45 and been with the company for 20+ years. Some of the original co-worker group have passed on or are no longer able to play. Business isn't what it used to be and we aren't able to all get together once a year like in the past. I had lost my passion for the game but an acquaintance through youth soccer invited me to play a few time. We then got involved with a Sunday group in December 2018. I shot 101 there and decided it was time to start playing and practicing again. I had some Ping G5 irons from 2005 and decided I wanted to go back to Callaway and improve my game. I don't have an official handicap but use a free tracker starting January 2019 and am at 7.4 in my 9 rounds of the year. Most importantly, I am loving the game again that I fell in love with back in 1998. I revamped the bag and am ready to start playing again.

When I started looking through the forums for club reviews and ball reviews, I started getting a vibe that this is a special forum. When I saw that they donate to St. Jude's, it made me happy and I bought the 2019 Albatross this week. I just wanted to add to my intro in case people see me posting and want to go back and see who this guy really is. I am going to copy this to the bottom of my first post. See you all around the forums.
    Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"