THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Makes sense the heavier weight and stiff shaft should help with your dispersion.

After seeing you play I'm surprised you had a reg flex shaft in there.
Long story short, I clicked reg instead of stiff by accident when I bought it off eBay... Didn't even realize it until it showed up...idiot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

weather sucks around here in western new York, so yesterday I work the body, hit the gym for an hour of cardio, and hitting sim tonight for 9 holes, really getting the itch to play outside again.

Man, following the UST thread today has me dreaming of the MVP trip and motivating me to get out and do work.

Man, following the UST thread today has me dreaming of the MVP trip and motivating me to get out and do work.

Ding ding ding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a bucket and now to the pitch and putt. Irons were solid.

c8402e01754452c9eb295d8ce3e0559e.jpg

With the weather stratum to break other than this weekend is your prep more focused on playing or practicing? Or a combo and what percentages of the combo?

Im lookimg to play 2-3 times a month based on schedule and 2-3 practice sessions with one focusing on swing, one on 140 and in/short game and another for putting.

Stonemeadow?

Kimball farm. Unfortunately the grass tee wasn't open but got to work out some setup issues I've been having.

More unfortunate that ice cream wasn't open!

With the weather stratum to break other than this weekend is your prep more focused on playing or practicing? Or a combo and what percentages of the combo?

Im lookimg to play 2-3 times a month based on schedule and 2-3 practice sessions with one focusing on swing, one on 140 and in/short game and another for putting.

I'll probably be 50-50. Unfortunately it's hard to find a place with a short game area, so I'll try to play 9 hole rounds where I'll play a few balls when nobody is on the course.

Luckily I have a very flexible work schedule, so I can take a day off here and there and make up time.

I'll probably be 50-50. Unfortunately it's hard to find a place with a short game area, so I'll try to play 9 hole rounds where I'll play a few balls when nobody is on the course.

Luckily I have a very flexible work schedule, so I can take a day off here and there and make up time.
Interesting you say that. In season I play every other Thursday with my Dad. If for some reason he can't play, I'll play at sunrise and hit 2 balls per hole trying cuts, draws, knockdowns, etc. I have a blast. I've hit some very memorable shots but have been the only one on the course.

Last edited:

We have the same problem here with lack of short game areas for practicing

70% playing for me 30% practice

Either group a bunch of 9 hole weekly rounds together and one 18 hole weekend round

Or friday-sunday play 54

There is a course 5 min from my work that has a range bunker and putting green not the best but i can firm up the short game but i probably won't get into the sched above until april when the weather and sunlight really starts changing

Played 13 holes today in some really windy conditions. Saw some good things in my game early on; ball striking, decision making and new putting stroke were solid (+2 through 5 holes). Fell apart a bit in the middle but I'm not worried.

The practice green at my course is open which makes me VERY happy as its my therapy, I'll spend a couple hours with headphones in putting to get away from it all. Can't wait for the snow to melt after this weekend and get back out there.

With improvements in my swing and the proper equipment... Look out!!

Played 13 holes today in some really windy conditions. Saw some good things in my game early on; ball striking, decision making and new putting stroke were solid (+2 through 5 holes). Fell apart a bit in the middle but I'm not worried.

The practice green at my course is open which makes me VERY happy as its my therapy, I'll spend a couple hours with headphones in putting to get away from it all. Can't wait for the snow to melt after this weekend and get back out there.

With improvements in my swing and the proper equipment... Look out!!

I'd been meaning to ask - what's first on the list of stuff you're going to order?

I'd been meaning to ask - what's first on the list of stuff you're going to order?

Good question: The putter. I'll probably have that next weekend.

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Either group a bunch of 9 hole weekly rounds together and one 18 hole weekend round

Or friday-sunday play 54

There is a course 5 min from my work that has a range bunker and putting green not the best but i can firm up the short game but i probably won't get into the sched above until april when the weather and sunlight really starts changing

I offered it up to Russ, but if you are at the location in Lakeville and want to practice after work, you're welcome to come use the facilities at Montaup with me as well.

Or friday-sunday play 54

Where do you play near Hingham?

Good question: The putter. I'll probably have that next weekend.

Nice - of all the clubs, I think the confidence I've gotten from the putter fitting (it was more of a "this works, don't change" since I already had it) has helped the most. I'm currently wavering between ordering a uDesign or finding a standard head on eBay for the GBB and my entire bag will be fit top to bottom.

What did you decide for irons?

Gotcha

Nice - of all the clubs, I think the confidence I've gotten from the putter fitting (it was more of a "this works, don't change" since I already had it) has helped the most. I'm currently wavering between ordering a uDesign or finding a standard head on eBay for the GBB and my entire bag will be fit top to bottom.

What did you decide for irons?

It was eye opening for sure.

For irons, I'm 80% sold on Mizuno MP H5 with KBS Tour 120 stiff. I want to hit the AP2's with the KBS at the right length before I'm 100%.

It was eye opening for sure.

For irons, I'm 80% sold on Mizuno MP H5 with KBS Tour 120 stiff. I want to hit the AP2's with the KBS at the right length before I'm 100%.

I really like the H5. In the long irons they're much easier to hit than I found the AP2 to be. You planning on ordering the irons through the fitter or via Mizuno?

I really like the H5. In the long irons they're much easier to hit than I found the AP2 to be. You planning on ordering the irons through the fitter or via Mizuno?

Haven't gotten that far yet.

Back