chriso97

Mad Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Walked off the ninth today with 18 points (2 over) just made an awesome birdie, feeling great.

Then had 2 triples and 3 doubles on back back nine ... for 10 points.

Why does this game just kill us ???

It's like someone just throws a switch.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Yup, such a rough game at times. I've only played 6 rounds this year in coming back from injury but, man... my irons and wedges have abandoned me like never before.

I've gone from solid off the tee but still scrambling for score to, "who in the heck knows where this one is going? Or the next one too?"

Righted the ship last round, *I think,* on the last handful of holes. But man... this game will make you work for it.

All of it.

It’s maddening at times.

It's a game originated by sadists and played by masochists. That's what my brother claims, and I've yet to hear a better explanation.

Been playing for decades and still have great troubles staying below 90 and can still throw up 100. That should make most anyone feel good. except me.

39/47 last night...I feel your pain.

Been playing for decades and still have great troubles staying below 90 and can still throw up 100. That should make most anyone feel good. except me.

I'm here for you, man. 30 years, and broken 90 three times. Still play as often as I can.

It's a game originated by sadists and played by masochists. That's what my brother claims, and I've yet to hear a better explanation.

This is probably the best explanation I have heard but yet we all just head right back to the tee box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here for you, man. 30 years, and broken 90 three times. Still play as often as I can.

But you have the ability to break 90 you just have to believe I have played with you and you can do this !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked off the ninth today with 18 points (2 over) just made an awesome birdie, feeling great.

Then had 2 triples and 3 doubles on back back nine ... for 10 points.

Why does this game just kill us ???

It's like someone just throws a switch.

I did the same thing last weekend. I went plus 6 on the front then minus 3 on the back against my quota. Stupid game.

It's why we play the game. The feeling of success and excitement knowing that we can own the game and the fight to get back to that point when we get kicked in the teeth.

You started caring too much about the outcome (score), that added tension to your swing and bam....It's gone like a leaf on the breeze.

Golf is dumb.

But it's also awesome.

But sometimes it's really dumb.

It is a game that can't be beat!!! Swing can disappear like $ bills at a strip club.

golf is hard.

Plus, you can go to the range and pure shot after shot for a large bucket. Then you get to the first tee and can't hit your backside with both hands.

golf is hard.

Simple as that.

I had a day a couple years ago where I played 36 with less than 10 minutes between rounds. I shot 83, 71. Nobody ever owned their golf swing except Moe Norman and maybe Hogan.

Perhaps you started to focus more on the results of shooting a great score instead of focusing on each shot. Perhaps you started to have expectations on the back nine. Tough to say.

Sounds like you had a great front nine. Take the positives from that and move on.

I know exactly how you are feeling! Optimist Regional qualifier as a junior. A leading 33 front nine with a near hole in one(tap in birdie) on the 9th. Back nine 43 to finish 8th. Just needed 39 to go to the National tournament.

It is a maddening game.

Simple as that.

I had a day a couple years ago where I played 36 with less than 10 minutes between rounds. I shot 83, 71. Nobody ever owned their golf swing except Moe Norman and maybe Hogan.

Hard as the pipeline.

Thank you for your response and name drop Tahoe. When you hear some of the greats talk about Moe Norman, like you would talk about them... It is a reminder that there might be something to learn from this legend.
Funny how sometimes the scores round up.

It is a game that can't be beat!!! Swing can disappear like $ bills at a strip club.
But I EXPECT to lose dollar bills in a strip club :) ... It's supposed to happen :)

There is a force in the universe that is situationally opposed to the continued success of the amateur golfer. But...we play on waiting for our place in the sun. What we are talking about is a game...a game that can't be won only played

Thanks all, I feel better already,. Was just venting yesterday. Today is a new day :)

Unfortunately it's not a golf day :(

Last year:

Wednesday Practice round - 95
Saturday Club Championship - 119
Sunday casual round - 92

Back