Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

Put this in play today set at 13*. Choked down a bit and the control was very good. Even on shots that didn't feel perfect, the results were pretty good.

Based on what emart had told me and quite a few of the posts here, methinks I should give this a look.

Has anyone been playing a driver length shaft in their minis?

Interesting thought. I was thinking of getting another shaft and thought about this. Not sure if I should. I will say that I've taken out the mini again and have been hitting it nicely. Still not sure what distance I'm getting since I haven't gone to a sim to get average distance. I also haven't played with the loft from 14° but will start just to see what it really can do.

Based on what emart had told me and quite a few of the posts here, methinks I should give this a look.
Me thinks we should talk!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

For those playing this club, what's your swing speed with driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only got to hit this club once today and I didn't put a good move on it. Push fade into the trees. Was hitting it pretty good on the range though. Going to get some range time here soon to see if I can dial it in. Potential is there for sure. Just need to get the Indian straightened out.

105 on the average

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Does increasing the loft on this club seem to close the face any?

About 95-100 roughly with a stiff shaft. My mini has a regular shaft.

About 95-100 roughly with a stiff shaft. My mini has a regular shaft.

That's my SS. Maybe regular shaft would be better for me. The stiff flex didn't work for me.

That's my SS. Maybe regular shaft would be better for me. The stiff flex didn't work for me.

I tried both the Fujiyama Speedster regular flex and the Kuro Kage stiff flex. The guy at GG suggested the regular shaft and I couldn't agree more. It increased my SS.

Installed a Paderson stiff shaft in my 12* mini, hoping it can knock the long tom out of my bag with some added distance.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

100-103 range.

Dropped the loft from 14 to 13* this AM. Used it again as the primary driver.
Again, first tee shot pushed right - lost ball. I hit some great shots again today, 10/13 FIR with one big hook, one shot in the rough on the right.
Again, distance was better/longer than my driver. Put a good swing in the club, the ball explodes off the club face.
Shaft is Speeder Stiff 45" - same length as my driver shaft.

Does increasing the loft on this club seem to close the face any?

I didn't snap a photo, but I've been playing it at +1 in a Neutral position and it does not look closed to me at all. I probably don't have the most discerning eye for that type of thing, but I don't look down at it and think this is going left.

Traded for a mini a bit back and have played it a few rounds, just doesn't fit my bag which is a shame as I Really like it and its super consistent off the tee for me.

I have been using this club as my primary driver for a few rounds recently, with really good results!
While I do not use it on every hole (I usually tee off with a hybrid on two holes at my home course), I have averaged 9 FIR using this club over the last 3 rounds, which is a solid number for me!! I feel that this club, set at 13* loft and N face setting, is almost automatic - distance is in the 250yd neighborhood for me, straight, as long as I put a somewhat good swing on the ball, it will be in play.
I get really good height, only trouble is when the wind is blowing - which is a usual problem for me.
I am glad that I held onto this club until I found a need for it, since I have owned it since early September.

Traded for a mini a bit back and have played it a few rounds, just doesn't fit my bag which is a shame as I Really like it and its super consistent off the tee for me.

Had the same issue, sold me in 35 min on THP. Had to "cut bait" and move on.

Used this again as primary driver. It was a VERY windy day here today, so distances are not such that I need to ignore them.

I dropped the loft from 13* to 12*, due to wind. Good flight, a little lower than prior days (which I expected). Lost two right, one was salvageable, one was not.

I was hitting the club very well today, with good distance and dispersion. Very little movement of the ball (other than the wind), I felt confident all round that the ball would be on grass with a good swing. I drove the ball to a few new areas today, including thru a fairway that I have only once before hit the ball through (again, I cannot say it wasn't wind aided).

I will continue to use this club, and hope to continue posting its good results!!

Used this again as primary driver. It was a VERY windy day here today, so distances are not such that I need to ignore them.

I dropped the loft from 13* to 12*, due to wind. Good flight, a little lower than prior days (which I expected). Lost two right, one was salvageable, one was not.

I was hitting the club very well today, with good distance and dispersion. Very little movement of the ball (other than the wind), I felt confident all round that the ball would be on grass with a good swing. I drove the ball to a few new areas today, including thru a fairway that I have only once before hit the ball through (again, I cannot say it wasn't wind aided).

I will continue to use this club, and hope to continue posting its good results!!
Loving the updates, glad it's working out for you, hopefully it'll work out for me this weekend.

Can't wait to see what the Paderson shaft is all about.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Another round today in the wind. Hit this club on 12 tees.
First shot - hook left (not unusual on this hole).
Second hole - long and straight, fairway.
Fourth hole - long and straight, 260 yds into the wind.
Fifth hole - push right, in the desert.
Seventh hole - just off the fairway, left, 250 yds.
Ninth hole - just off the fairway left, around 250 yds into the wind.
10th hole - best drive of the day, slight fade. 300 yds. Longest drive I have ever hit on this hole, by a long way!
11th hole - slight draw, 260 yds. I thought I hit it on the toe and a little high, glad it stayed in play.
13th hole - I missed the ball, it knuckled left, I got lucky and the ball stayed on grass left. 230 yds.
15th hole - long, straight, fairway 250 yds into the wind.
18th hole - tried to swing easy, big slice (ended up on the fourth hole green side grass). Hit a provisional, 260 yds.

Why am I telling you this? I lowered the loft to 12*, to try to keep the ball down in the wind. I hit some great shots with this club - this is easily 20-30 yds longer than my prior driver, without much difference in dispersion.

I need to try to hit this off the turf - if successful, I may just have another weapon for the par 5 holes!!

Had a less than stellar range session with this club tomorrow. Pulling it from the bag for my round tomorrow, but hoping to get some range time in with it head to head with my G30 3W on Sunday so I can make a decision about what I want to go with this season.

Got the Mini out again today. Played at 12*, neutral.

5/6 FIR on the front - the one miss was in the left rough, prob 3 yds off the fairway.
4/5 FIR on the back - the one miss was a huge block, probably into someone's patio, definitely off the course. Provisional was in the fairway.

Seeing good distance with this club - In the past, my playing partner was usually even with me. I out-drove him on every hole today, a few by upwards of 40 yds.

I then hit a few off the turf at the range after the round - I think I may have found my new shot into the wind. Long, straight, and not more than 20 yds off the ground.

This could be a big weapon, I am really glad that I gave it a second chance to stay in my possession!!

Played yesterday and hit the Mini mostly off the tee. Apart from two very bad swings on my part--bailing out to avoid OOB on the left, the Mini was very effective off the tee. I'm hoping I've found the groove with it off the tee. Choking down on it seems to have given me more control. Been playing it at 13* with the stock shaft. I do have a Cally tip on an Ahina, which is the same shaft I have in the driver. Going to give it whirl and see how it compares. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how the stock has been working so far.

Back