JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, obviously we are speaking to only golf equipment here. Give us the worst name that comes to your mind when speaking to an actual product or technology touted in marketing by a product.
Go!

I still think Rocketbalz is one of the all time worst. Although, I did game them and liked them based on performance at the time.

Just thinking in the last 10-15 years

Rocketballz
Diablo
Rapture
Sumo
Ft-i/Ft-iz/Ft-iq

I still think Rocketbalz is one of the all time worst. Although, I did game them and liked them based on performance at the time.
That was bad... but RBZ2. Even ballzier.

So glad I wasn't playing golf during this time period.

Sasquach driver. First name I remember thinking, what the he!!.

Mine wasn't a horrible name, and I would never even have considered it if I didn't watch a Rick Shiels video, but I am going with the JPX EZ. In America we all get that the EZ means "easy", but in England they pronounce Z as zed. So he keeps saying the JPX E Zed. I just laughed because E Zed doesn't mean anything.

When the first Big Bertha came out in the 90's I thought the name was ridiculous, but my goodness the clubs were good. Now that name is synonymous with quality and innovation.

Yeah, I hated the name Rocketbladez. Just awful.

That was bad... but RBZ2. Even ballzier.

So glad I wasn't playing golf during this time period.

Rocketbalz 2: Electric Boogaloo?

The ATTAS is probably one of the worst ones for a specific piece of equipment.

Golfer 1: "man you crushed that drive and that shaft looks sweet! What is that?"

Golfer 2: "Thanks man its the UST Mamiyia The ATTAS"

Golfer 1: "..........................................."

The reason this came up was over the name Power Slit Technology from Bridgestone a bit ago. I was told that was the worst ever. I mentioned Power Holes being pretty bad too. Then someone mentioned SeRM.

While I think Rocketballz was the worst, all of the TM clubs of that era were pretty bad. Speedblades, SLDR, Jetspeed, RBZ2, etc.

And it's not the names themselves that are bad, but I'll give an honorable mention to PING for their entire naming scheme, which used to make sense but is now completely nonsensical.

Rocketballz. I still shake my head and wonder how many layers of people that had to go through and still be approved.

I must've missed Power Slit and SeRM, and I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Worst Name Ever

With the new Srixon line I envision myself spraying Serm covered balls all over courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason this came up was over the name Power Slit Technology from Bridgestone a bit ago. I was told that was the worst ever. I mentioned Power Holes being pretty bad too. Then someone mentioned SeRM.

Power Slit.....that person should be fired or promoted. I can’t decide.

Power Slit.....that person should be fired or promoted. I can’t decide.

When two languages that are very different create a product, sometimes translation is lost haha.

I don’t remember Power Slit tech. Wow, that’s a new low (or high I guess) in golf tech nomenclature.

I have a feeling in a few years we’ll look back on Speed Injected Twist Face as pretty silly too.

To me it sounds like some of those before & after meth photos.

Hmm so many to choose from but I think "Rocketbladez" for an iron is the stupidest name ever.
Runner up to UST's "Attas" - nobody even knows how to say it.

Came here to say Power Holes is the worst.

Rocketballz was terrible
I still have trouble playing Big Bertha because I hate the name.

The Rocketballz name has to win this terrible award. First, it’s a terrible name. Second, it used a z to be cool and market to affluent golfers?! Talk about missing your market.

Back