Titleist CNCPT: CP-01 and CP-02 Irons

You remember the scene at the very beginning of Toy Story where Woody is reading off announcements from his doodle pad to the toy clan? Lots of great information, everything is perfectly normal until he slips in "oh yeah, and Andy's birthday party has been moved to today" hoping no one would notice?

$500 per iron? 4-PW $3,500?

Titleist CNCPT: CP-01 and CP-02 Irons

Yes please! Take my $$$ now!

edit .... $500 an iron??? Uhhhh .... unless they are offered at the next Titleist event, I don't think they will be in my bag anytime soon.

$500/iron. Cheap!

Last edited:
Damn those look awesome. Pricey though.

Those look great!!! until you look at the price tag.
:bulgy-eyes:

I dont think that is accurate.

Think he’s referring to this tweet by Brad Faxon

9d60dae6ba82e3154738994f71fc6a1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sound like beefed up TMBs and AP3s.

I like innovations and more options are good in general. My biggest hiccup is that they haven’t explained all of the tech well. What is this mystery alloy? If I were interested in dropping that kind of coin would want to know everything that differentiates it from clubs 4 times cheaper.

"What if our R&D engineers could bring their dreams to reality, using materials and processes never before used in golf?"

Unobtainium perhaps?

It says they have a constant thickness face. I'm surprised. I thought everyone figured out that gives you issues with getting consistent spin and ball speed. Unless they put some tech in there I don't get, I suspect that you will hear complaints about flyers from the 4 or 5 people that buy a full set.

I appreciated the write up as the concept irons always fascinated me, but 500 an iron is an absolute joke.

We mocked PXG for a stupid iron price and it's not changing here. No chance in hell I'm ever paying 4k for a set of irons when there are amazing irons around 1k.

Really nice looking clubs, like the majority, out of my league price wise.

Think he’s referring to this tweet by Brad Faxon

9d60dae6ba82e3154738994f71fc6a1d.jpg

Thats hysterical.
If Jordan Spieth wants a set of these, I look forward to them giving him a bill for them.

Thats hysterical.
If Jordan Spieth wants a set of these, I look forward to them giving him a bill for them.

I think many ignore the part where they are all on staff with Scotty as well, who hands them over putters that are worth 3-8k at retail like they are candy.

Once again, I would love to learn more about these irons and hit them, but there's no damn point when a set of them would cost me 3,000-4,000 dollars. Honestly.. Why?

I hit the prior version and they were nice but not sure they warrant the price tag.

I can't imagine any irons that warrant that price tag. You could put together a pretty baller set of brand new sticks from a lot of OEMS for the price of 7 of those irons.

Since it such a limited "run" assuming they do it like they did a few years back it will easily sell out again.

I will be curious to see if they bump up the "run" since the demand was there for it last go around

I about choked when i saw the price. It makes you wonder where it will end when Bob Parson’s product now looks like a bargain.

Man they look so clean. But I already know they're way out of my price range. And even if I could afford them I still wouldn't pay that much for a set of irons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can shank a $100 iron just as well as I can a $500 iron, so, nah. The pricing is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You had me until 500. Tongue stunned. :tongue:

I do think it's funny that as PXG lowers their prices we see Titleist do this..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"What if our R&D engineers could bring their dreams to reality, using materials and processes never before used in golf?"

Unobtainium perhaps?

Vibranium, after watching Captain America movies I believe a vibranium golf club would really launch a golf ball.

Do these spaceship looking things launch your ball to the moon? I don't think I could get behind this design..

Since it such a limited "run" assuming they do it like they did a few years back it will easily sell out again.

I will be curious to see if they bump up the "run" since the demand was there for it last go around

Wasn't Augusta legend Jeff Knox playing that last set? I seem to remember golf.com or someone doing a WITB for him after he got to play in the final 2 rounds last year and he had those sticks.

I know you can’t mention that they’re made of vibrainium mined out of Wakunda. I still would find it hard to split with $5 Hundred a club. This should have been in a comic book cause it doesn’t sound real. Is it still April Fools Day?

Back