Titleist CNCPT: CP-01 and CP-02 Irons

I think it's great that they are taking the cncpt approach and just producing a product that throws caution and price to the wind. They'll reap the rewards as they are able to incorporate elements into other lines in a more cost effective way.

I think that T4K hit it on the head, the purpose of these clubs is to show what is achievable, and not necessarily what is marketable. I would be shocked if anyone at Titleist thought that these would be sold at significant volume. Hopefully, some of these advancements in tech will make their way into the retail-volume offerings. I say good for Titleist for taking this leap and pushing the limits.

Last edited:
$500 per iron? They look amazing but the price point alone is off putting for me

Yup, just looked at something that I can add to my "Sh*t I'll never buy, but I like it" list.

I think the only thing they're trying to test out is how much they can charge for a golf club

Wow those look sooooo good. But at $500 per club the only way I will see a set is if they host a THP event and these are on the board which would never happen. Maybe 15 years from now I will look for a used set but they will probably still be too expensive.

Since it such a limited "run" assuming they do it like they did a few years back it will easily sell out again.

I will be curious to see if they bump up the "run" since the demand was there for it last go around

You might be right, assuming the supply is as low as the last set.

Still doesn't justify jacking up the price by nearly 1,000 dollars though, does it?

Definitely a slick looking club. And if you can afford it then more power to you and enjoy it.

I would like to see it in comparison to other top manufacturers golf clubs in terms of distance, spin, launch, etc.

Just wondering how much of a gain you're really getting. Or is this simply a niche buy like someone who buys a Lamborghini.

i get the concept, no pun intended, and the need to stand out in a market that has some solid tech stories being told, but at $500 a pop that's a steep price for a full set. I like the looks though.

Solid write-up JB.

Whoa $500 per iron!? That is nuts - based on where other OEMS come in with some offerings, it makes sense for Titleist to play in this sandbox too.

I would be very curious about a blended set - 100g of Tungsten is a significant amount. If Tungsten becomes a rare commodity I wonder how much the sets would go for.

I would really like to put these up against @mpeterson Honma set and see which set performs since they would be similar costs

You might be right, assuming the supply is as low as the last set.

Still doesn't justify jacking up the price by nearly 1,000 dollars though, does it?
Gotta pay for all of those ProV1 contracts.

From a business side they can push price up until supply exceeds the demand and it won't matter. Maybe this number is that point...maybe not

As good looking of an iron that I've seen out there and I'm sure they are awesome, but that pricing is going to keep me far, far away from these. I just can't get around that sticking point. $4k for 4-GW is just bonkers for me.

These actually look pretty clean! They are obviously not aimed at me or my wallet, but it'll be interesting to see how well they perform.

I’d like to hit them to see what their about but I can’t afford them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

son of a gun better swing itself at 500 hundo each

Wow 5 bills for an iron. That’s too rich for my blood. Good looking iron though

There will be posers who will actually buy these clubs, and more power to them.

Gotta charge 500 so Titleist can get their money back on what they invested in for their R&D team

I appreciated the write up as the concept irons always fascinated me, but 500 an iron is an absolute joke.

We mocked PXG for a stupid iron price and it's not changing here. No chance in hell I'm ever paying 4k for a set of irons when there are amazing irons around 1k.

These look familiar...

Yikes there is no way I can spend that much on irons. Super clean and i would play the heck out of them but I can’t justify it.

Love innovation if that’s what it looks like though.

Cool????

They don’t do much for me from the pics. They are very round and curvy to say the least. Price doesn’t surprise me though.

Be fun to see what someone says about them after playing a round or two.

If these were guaranteed to hit every green, would $500/iron still be too expensive? How much are you willing to pay for accuracy? In turn more fun

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If they got me to a 4, I’d consider selling one of my kids for’m.

Golf clubs as status symbols just got a new player.

I gotta be honest, I don't think they're that pretty. I get that there's truckloads of tech and CG manipulation and futuristic forging processes, but there's a reason concept cars don't get off the production line...they're interested in seeing what technology moves the needle so they know what to put in their production models. The successful technology is all stuff you'll see in a few years and at a third of the price.

Back