Titleist CNCPT: CP-01 and CP-02 Irons

Gotta pay for all of those ProV1 contracts.

From a business side they can push price up until supply exceeds the demand and it won't matter. Maybe this number is that point...maybe not

business wise I am sure they can do what they want.

But I'll never stand behind a product that is limited for the sake of being limited and not giving access to what I assume is a strong product to the regular golfer. It's definitely the PXG effect and it stinks to high hell in my books.

Edit: the one pass I'll throw out there is putters, although most higher end offerings aren't a huge stretch from a more reasonably priced option so it's hardly apples v apples.

If these irons would turn my swing into @Canadan’s, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Were golf nerds and not the target audience for rhese.

PXG showed there is a massive market for those who want clubs that are expensive simply because they are expensive.

These wont be at muni courses or semi private courses. These will be at the high end super exclusive courses where people have want to one up each other.

I'm hoping that titleist takes some of the innovations from these for their next ap lines. I'm curious where the ap3 goes after this release, it feels like these are souped of versions of those.

business wise I am sure they can do what they want.

But I'll never stand behind a product that is limited for the sake of being limited and not giving access to what I assume is a strong product to the regular golfer. It's definitely the PXG effect and it stinks to high hell in my books.

Edit: the one pass I'll throw out there is putters, although most higher end offerings aren't a huge stretch from a more reasonably priced option so it's hardly apples v apples.
But there is products like this is most markets. Expensive for being expensive. Exclusive to build cachet.

Titleist has always been that green grass accounts brand. This makes sense for them and this is turning into another internal brand for them.

They had the super custom wedges before, circle t putters, and the collector irons. This feels like titleist being titleist with a hint of the pxg effect.

I'm still excited to see where the ap lines go after this. AP3 looks like their future.

Were golf nerds and not the target audience for rhese.

PXG showed there is a massive market for those who want clubs that are expensive simply because they are expensive.

These wont be at muni courses or semi private courses. These will be at the high end super exclusive courses where people have want to one up each other.

I'm hoping that titleist takes some of the innovations from these for their next ap lines. I'm curious where the ap3 goes after this release, it feels like these are souped of versions of those.

I guess, but AP3 is a singular design intended to play beyond the AP2 whereas these have a blade profile.

Also, doesn't think kind of send Titleist back a couple notches in the overall perspective of OEMs? Like, "we couldn't care less if these will help you, here's a bill for way too much money"

But there is products like this is most markets. Expensive for being expensive. Exclusive to build cachet.

Titleist has always been that green grass accounts brand. This makes sense for them and this is turning into another internal brand for them.

They had the super custom wedges before, circle t putters, and the collector irons. This feels like titleist being titleist with a hint of the pxg effect.

I'm still excited to see where the ap lines go after this. AP3 looks like their future.

I get the 'idea' that there is a PXG for every market, but I don't find it any less stupid as a concept (funny word play I guess).

Circle T putters are in their own category. Ultra expensive wedges probably fit the bill, but they are still just a hunk of metal. This is (ideally) genuine tech that could prove to significantly benefit an individual golfer and it's being effectively stunted by the OEM purely because they can, assuming that is the "Titleist" way.

I just think it stinks. Stinks for the brand, stinks for golfers who like options, and stinks for the perception of this game.

I guess, but AP3 is a singular design intended to play beyond the AP2 whereas these have a blade profile.

Also, doesn't think kind of send Titleist back a couple notches in the overall perspective of OEMs? Like, "we couldn't care less if these will help you, here's a bill for way too much money"
The ones look pretty similar to the ap3, but maybe you have hands on experience or I'm just seeing something that isnt there

The 2's look more blade like and I feel like it is aimed at the t mb profile.

Both the ap3 and t mb have a lot of tungsten in them and are the 2 irons I feel like titleist are trying to figure out. Both are aimed at that distance players iron category.

Yeah titleist is asking for a stupid amount of money here, but besides us gear people no one will really know about these besides those who are the target market.

Oof that price. I don’t hate the looks of them though.

$500 per iron. i can't figure out if it is me or them that is out of touch with reality! For sure one of us is!

At first I was like "Whoa, these are freakin amazing!" but then I was like "No thanks, don't need a second mortgage."

Saw these at 2nd Swing

5 irons for $2,200K. Are you serious??
fafc55ea9d34b8c7401447e620fff425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Saw these at 2nd Swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw these at 2nd Swing

You buy them while you were there? I was waiting on you to pull the trigger so I can swing.... #Elitist :angel:

not a fan of the looks at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You buy them while you were there? I was waiting on you to pull the trigger so I can swing.... #Elitist :angel:
If they were a complete set, maybe. Lol

I’d love to hit them to see if I could justify that price. I’d have to guess no but I’d love to be proven wrong.

Back