• Iron Onto Green

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Sink the Putt

Votes: 42 42.4%

• Total voters

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Did a similar thread last year and it sparked a good amount of conversation. So let's do round 2.

Here's the scenario. You have a chance to win $1M, but you can only pick 1 of the 3 shots and have to pull it off. Which one do you pick and why?

Option 1: Driver in the fairway. You must take your normal full swing and it must be with a driver. Fairway is average in terms of width, not overly wide or overly narrow.

Option 2: Iron shot from 150 Onto the Green. Green is average size. Not overly wide or narrow. Not elevated, no wind.

Option 3: Sink a putt. Its a 10 footer, uphill, basically straight. Greens are average speed.

I'll take the putt

I’ll take the putt, with the driver a close second

I’m taking the driver! Based on my game it’s the highest percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver. They call me "Boring". Any questions?

Iron shot for me

Driver in fairway for me, I'm driving the ball really well right now.

easily option 2 for me. Full swing Pitching wedge all day. Im a pretty strong iron player anyway but i feel theres more room for error to just land the green compared to sinking a straight 10 footer

Iron into green by a wide margin. I really have no idea where the driver is going these days and would likely either leave the putt short and blast it by because I had in my mind not to leave it short.

Give me the putt, everything else is hot garbage right now

I'll take the 150 iron shot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll take a 150 iron shot all day.

Option 2 every time. I would guess I'm above 70% for greens hit from 150 and certainly way below that on a 10 foot putt and with a driver hitting the fairway.

I'll take the driver. Putt is too much pressure and irons currently are a crap shoot

Putt for me, but the 150 shot was in a vey close 2nd.

Iron. A nice chocked down 8.

Can I parlay? :alien:

Putt seems easier than hitting the green right now haha

Putt. Best part of my game.

Give me the putt. According to my stats, I drive into the fairway 50% of the time. From 150 in I'm probably around 40-50%. While my putting has gone south as of late, a straight, uphill, 10-footer is a fairly easy putt. I'd make that more than 50% of the time.

Give me the putt. Like my jumper back in the day, though I may be streaky with my putter, I have ice in my veins when it counts for the W.

I gotta go with driver. I hit fairways at a higher % than greens at that range. My putting is much improved, but it was absolutely horrendous, so even improved it's still poor. I've choked so many 'must makes' on the 9th or18th that the scar tissue still remains.

I'm quite surprised by the results so far.

Give me the driver. Probably the straightest club in my bag and % is higher for me than a full 8 iron to a green, and I'd say I'm 50/50 at best on a 10 footer under pressure.

Back