best Rangefinder. Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold, ...

SdPrada

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am in the market for a compact golf rangefinder that I will also use it for hunting. From what I have read the technology for the two different sports so I want to make sure I get one that will suffice for both. Here is what I am looking at...
Bushnell Scout 1000 w/ ARC
Leupold RX-II
Nikon Monarch 800
i found the articles in this blog interesting: https://opticsaddict.com/golf-rangefinder/
I may even consider the Leica CRF 900 but that is more than what I want to spend.
I like the ability to adjust for angles, which the Bushnell and Leupold have and the Nikon and Leica don't.
What are your thoughts? Is there a different one in this price range that will work for both?

Last edited:
Don’t count out the Garmin Z80 - thing is super useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot speak to the multiple applications of a rangefinder, but I think Bushnell and Leupold are about as good as it gets.

The compact profile and crazy fast speed of Leupold are outstanding.
The features, functionality, and quality of the Bushnell are outstanding.

I can't speak to the models you listed, but I've been rocking my Bushnell Tour v3 for years. ZERO issues.

I can't speak to the models you listed, but I've been rocking my Bushnell Tour v3 for years. ZERO issues.

^^^ Same model for me with same results. Very happy with the Bushnell.

I agree about Bushnell. I've had a Bushnell range finder for about a decade (I think). It's so old I can't remember the specific name, but it was their 1st that offered slope adjustment. I've had no issues with it and it's still going strong today. I cannot offer any input regarding the specific model you mentioned. However, it's hard to beat a Bushnell.

I have only had Bushnell and Leupold and my Leupold I have had for 7 years with zero issues. But if I did have an issue I have zero question they would take care of it, so even though they are not cheap, the quality of the product makes it pay for itself in the long run.

I have only had Bushnell and Leupold and my Leupold I have had for 7 years with zero issues. But if I did have an issue I have zero question they would take care of it, so even though they are not cheap, the quality of the product makes it pay for itself in the long run.

This exactly. I hunt and golf and since 1994 I’ve owned 3 Leupold, 3 Bushnell, and 2 Nikon rangefinders. My Nikons and Leupolds all work perfectly and one of the Nikons is 18 years old. I keep it with an extra set of clubs that I leave in Florida and am still amazed that it it picks up flags and other targets nearly as fast as my new GX3i3. Nikon and Leupold will stand by there products as I’ve dealt with a warranty issue on a pair of Nikon binoculars and my wife’s dad had Leupold replace a rifle scope that was over 30 years old that had moisture in it. Leupold’s are also the only rangefinders that work in medium to heavy fog which is an issue early morning sometimes where I live. They are also waterproof(unlike Bushnell) and have better optics than every brand except of course, Leica.

Two of the Bushnells I own are now paperweights. They stopped working for no apparent reason in less than 3 years and had only been used for golf and never been dropped. One was only a couple months out of warranty. Their customer service both times was awful. Rude and condescending on the phone and told me there was nothing they could do as the repairs would cost more than a new one. There is a reason hunters covet a Leupold or Leica riflescope and nobody covets a Bushnell.

Last edited:
I do not have the brands mentioned but you could take a look at precision pro as well. I have had no problems and the customer service is excellent.

Back