What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed a tee time for Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern hills has some decent members....their locker room is amazing
db90c25b472f77b130697e2892b73f2f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

What was it, a balmy -2? Glad you got out buddy!

I'll be up there May Long weekend...maybe some of us can squeeze a round in?

I'll check to see if the others will be around up here. The temp reached +4c wind was at 25-30kph and it snowed a couple of times (lightly). The back is more sheltered so that was much better.

Today will consist of the usual THP'ing, finishing the Golf Strong program and shipping it to it's new home and getting my J15s cut down to 'normal' wedge length. I'll probably get some short game practice in as well.

replaced the spikes on a pair of Adidas golf shoes. Hoping to get 1 more year out of them.

Forgot to mention that yesterday I went for the 'hero' shot on a par 4. A 5-some (men's nite) let us play through (2-some) on a 295yd Dogleg Right. They were still teeing off so we teed up too. I told my partner I'm going right through that gap between the trees. Got a lot of looks! Boom! a sweet a$$ baby draw right through it and dropped about 40 yards out in middle of the fairway. Hit a small wedge to elevated green and the ball stopped 2" below the hole. So close to Eagle 2, dam. Got to the clubhouse and there was a beer waiting for me. Someone in the 5 some called in to buy me a beer. Just made my round. No point playing any more this year because I just used up all my luck right there.

Finished SKLZ Golf Strong!

56396bb515798e7a9b88a5d696f70bfc.jpg

Messaged a friend and let him know what time we are playing tomorrow.

THP and regrouped a few new clubs before work. Hoping to get some chipping practice in after work.

After a week and a half on almost nonstop rain I finally got to take my new (to me) Speedblades to the range and try them out. I was ecpecting/hoping for them to be about a club longer than my current Acer High Trajectory irons. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only are they a solid 1.5-2 clubs longer, but that I hit them much straighter and more consistently. As long as I do m part at least somewhat, they go in the intended direction. Even the ones I knew were poor strikes ended up being mostly still acceptable shots. I just hopes it translates to the course. We'll find out on Sunday.

The unfortunate thing is there were no distance indicators on the range, so I anticipate a heck of a time figuring out my new distances.

I think I may miss the high, majestic ball flight I got out of my other irons, but I've been really itching for more distance lately.

It has gotten quite frustrating having a gap between my 5 iron (175 on a perfect strike) to my SLDR Mini (200-215). Now not only do I have a 5 iron I hit further, but a 4 iron as well. I'm pretty excited.

Range sesh

Regripped the MD3 wedges with some NDMC Midsize to match the rest of my clubs.

went to a golf shop near me and bought an hour on the simulator. Wanted to test out my clubs and figure out what clubs I am going with this year.
Irons: 545s vs Fly Z... A little dissapointed with my numbers for both honestly, but the 545's won this battle. I did not like the feel of the fly z today and they were a good 7 yards shorter then my srixons. Srixons won the battle and those are my gamers...FOr now

Driver: Cobra Fly Z vs TM M1 (rip phenom shaft and Kuro kage shaft. Was really excited to get both on a monitor. First up was the fly z at 10.5 which was ok. Then I put the fly z up to 12 and it was much better distance wise. My carry increased by an average of 10 yards, but my rollout was not quite as good.
M1 Started with the rip phenom stiff shaft 50 G shaft. Hit my longest drive of all the options with it, but wasnt as good overall. Next was the M1 with the Kuro Kage 60 stiff shaft. This was much better overall of the 2 shafts and more comparable to the fly z. Did not like my ball flight as much with this.
In the end the Fly Z driver was the longest for me so that will be my driver for now. The M1 wont go anywhere and I might even try to find a higher lofted head at some point.

it was fun to tinker and see some solid numbers, felt like I got a lot out of it. After that, the owner/fitter told me that the cobra demo day was first week in april so I am planning on going back for that.

My XR 4H showed up from CPO so I had my last UTx installed. As usual, 'like new' was essentially a brand new 4H so I'm very pleased. I also had the 'saved' UTx grips on my J15s swapped out with GP Tour Velvets since they were slipping while I used them. Call me old school, but I'm thinking about switching back to Tour Velvets again. The UTx grips seem to wear down rather quickly. I'm going to leave them on for the time being though so it's not a complete waste of money.

My XR 4H showed up from CPO so I had my last UTx installed. As usual, 'like new' was essentially a brand new 4H so I'm very pleased. I also had the 'saved' UTx grips on my J15s swapped out with GP Tour Velvets since they were slipping while I used them. Call me old school, but I'm thinking about switching back to Tour Velvets again. The UTx grips seem to wear down rather quickly. I'm going to leave them on for the time being though so it's not a complete waste of money.
Been really eyeing this too.

I did some work on the body (stretching for my back, hammies and hip) and mirror work for setup, take away and spine angle. I am happy with the progress.

Yup. Think it would be a good replacement to my 3 and 4 iron.

I hear ya. It's going to be interesting to see what gets more use between the 4H and Heavenwood. If it works the way I think it will, this will be my setup for the foreseeable future. At least until after #TheGauntlet :wink:

Got some boxes so I can ship a bag, shaft and putter this weekend.

I hear ya. It's going to be interesting to see what gets more use between the 4H and Heavenwood. If it works the way I think it will, this will be my setup for the foreseeable future. At least until after #TheGauntlet :wink:
Out of curiosity, what condition did you get?

Out of curiosity, what condition did you get?

'Like new' for $97 while CPO had the 30% off sale. Of course after tax and shipping it was $117, but the thing is frickin' brand new!

Bought some grips, hit a couple buckets, did a couple putting drills, played 9 and THP'ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back