sean4par

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm lucky enough to attend the Monday practice round for my first trip to the Masters! Super excited! Weather forecast doesn't look good though. Does anyone know if play gets suspended do they make all the patrons leave, therefore not even being able to walk the course (I would still walk it in the rain :))? Do they even shutdown Berckmans, where the VIP hangout? Just wondering......

Thanks
Sean

I'm lucky enough to attend the Monday practice round for my first trip to the Masters! Super excited! Weather forecast doesn't look good though. Does anyone know if play gets suspended do they make all the patrons leave, therefore not even being able to walk the course (I would still walk it in the rain :))? Do they even shutdown Berckmans, where the VIP hangout? Just wondering......

Thanks
Sean

Berkmans is basically a hospitality area, I can’t see that closing regardless of what the big course does.

If the weather is dangerous enough for them to call play for the day, then yes they’d ask you to leave for liability reasons. They don’t need you getting struck by lightning because you wanted to see the course.

I've been on the course twice when play has been suspended due to weather. If that happens, you'll be instructed to leave. The first time it happened to me, they closed the course within 2 hours of the gates opening. Patrons had to vacate the grounds. They refunded our money and allowed us to purchase tickets for the following year. The second time, it happened about lunch time. Patrons were told to leave. The course was reopened about 2 hours later. Shortly after that, more weather moved in and they closed the course for the day. No refund for that day. We had already made the judgment that the weather looked bad and left Augusta when the course was reopened. I don't know if patrons who had already been on the course were allowed to return. I don't know if the club closed and people had to leave there.

Well why not? :) Just kidding. Right I didn’t mean dangerous weather, I don’t want to be in that either. I meant like if it’s steady rain all day therefore nobody wants to practice so they suspend play for the day. I would still walk the course in those conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well why not? :) Just kidding. Right I didn’t mean dangerous weather, I don’t want to be in that either. I meant like if it’s steady rain all day therefore nobody wants to practice so they suspend play for the day. I would still walk the course in those conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it isn’t raining too much, they won’t close the course. I’ve seen practice rounds go on in the rain but that was just light and sporadic showers.

ETA: As long as the course isn’t closed for the day, you can re-enter when it is reopened. But there is a limit on the number of times the ticket can be scanned.

Checking in with Virgin Atlantic to fly tomorrow morning to Atlanta, before going to Reynolds Plantation for the week, with Tuesday practise and Thursday tournament trips booked.

I am so excited I can not pee straight.

Checking in with Virgin Atlantic to fly tomorrow morning to Atlanta, before going to Reynolds Plantation for the week, with Tuesday practise and Thursday tournament trips booked.

You might wanna see a doctor about that one.

See you Thursday, kinda haha

Never been, have fun and take lots of pictures!

The patrons next to you hope you can.

Had that same thing in Korea, 1986.....couple shots, it'll be fine :bulgy-eyes:

I'll be there Sunday. Flying to Dallas friday, then to Augusta Saturday night for the championship round!

Jealous isn’t even a strong enough word! Enjoy it!

Arrived at Reynolds Plantation, playing the Landing course today with a stiff back, little sleep and too much adrenaline.

The guy next to me was lucky I missed.

P.S. great to see how much US immigration has improved.

Last edited:
Never been, have fun and take lots of pictures!

Remember if you take a phone inside you will be asked to leave and lose you tickets forever. No phones allowed. Also if you yell, "you the man " or "get in the hole" you will be asked to leave as well.

Remember if you take a phone inside you will be asked to leave and lose you tickets forever. No phones allowed. Also if you yell, "you the man " or "get in the hole" you will be asked to leave as well.

should be the rules every week

Can’t get by the metal detectors with your phones so that worry is gone. It’ll be nice to not see a slew of phones up on tees that’s for sure.

Hate it for @leftyuk. The course is being evacuated for incoming weather. I hope it gets on past and they open up the course. Thursday looks good for him.

Having been to Ireland and Wales, I thought I knew about rain,but Georgia is in a different class.

Played on Monday,with a one hour break for a biblical level thunderstorm.We didn't hear the siren and got caught in the rain. I have never been so wet with my clothes on. Fortunately the Landing course at Lake Oconee is a great track and we had a good day.

It rained all night and was raining when we left for Augusta on Tuesday morning. We got into the course and I headed to the shop, or the queue for the shop.Two hours later, I had my $500 of merchandise and headed to the course. As I got to the 1st fairway, the siren went and we were told to leave. After a couple of hours were heading back to be allowed back in at 12.45.

Eventually we were back in and I headed to the 1st tee. I walked the course as if I was playing it.It is a long walk,and with the crossways closed to protect the fairways, it was a very long walk. I had been told that you never appreciate the height changes on TV and they were right. You know 8 and 18 are uphill but until you get there. ...

I finished the day at the practice green with Poults and Frankie, and the practice ground with Rafa and Noren. By 6.30 pm I was ready to leave,happily bushed out. Everything I hoped for and more.

Playing today,back to watch first day on Thursday.

Still can't pee staight,must be old age.

Back