Anyone Still Game the XR16 Fairway Wood

Acesteve

Reaction score
Handicap
Driver
based on reviews and those with signature in 2018 listing the XR16 fairway wood, I got interested. Found a new 4w with Adilla max shaft on ebay one night. First trip out, it was hook city. Since then I have determined it is super long and has the most pronounced sweet spot of any club I have hit. I own later models in Callaway but not found anything quite like the XR16. Gave it to a friend last round with a lesser swing and swing speed and he hit it 20% farther then his gamer. that really helped me realize how good the club was.

I just gave mine up on September for the new TS2. But I loved that club and if something were to happen to the TS2, I wouldn’t be afraid to go back to it. It’s a lighter than average head weight if I remember correctly so gaining SS with it would sound right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently I only have the XR16 Pro 3wd at 14 degrees that I use. I did have the standard XR16 4wd but for some reason traded them in on the Steelhead XR FW when they came out. I wish I didn't do that as I liked the XR16 4wd better than the Steelhead XR 4wd.

Attachments

• XRPro14_Sole.jpg
    XRPro14_Sole.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 0
I have the XR16 pro 3 and 5. I still use the 5 wood as I love the head size on it, but the newer models have surpassed the 3 wood for me.

I’ve had the XR16 Pro 4 wood 16* since it was released and it might be the least likely club to get replaced in my bag. I love it so much I bought a couple extras on CPO when they had a buy one get one free sale last year.

I have the standard 3 wood with the speeder shaft in it (stiff) need to get a new shaft put in but I love the way it plays and sits behind the ball.

Not replacing it for a very long time as it is the first three wood I've ever enjoyed hitting

The XR16 4w was in my bag until #TheGrandaddy. I still have it as it was the one fairway wood I could crush. Only the Epic Flash 5w has proved to be as good or better for me.

I have the standard 3 wood with the speeder shaft in it (stiff) need to get a new shaft put in but I love the way it plays and sits behind the ball.

Not replacing it for a very long time as it is the first three wood I've ever enjoyed hitting

+1
AA.jpg

I've been playing it since it came out. It's long and I have no problem getting it up in the air off the deck. Great club.

Still have my XR16 3 wood and love it. It’s a consistent performer for me. I may put a slightly heavier shaft in it to help me from turning it over too much.

I just recently replaced my XR16 3w with a Rogue 3w. It's a great club but mine was starting to show it's age.

I know its not the same, but I have the XR16 Driver.

I am a slow SS at 90 ish, but I have hit just about every other driver that is currently out, and max distance on all is within a yard or two, and average distance is within 5.

I can't part with my trusty rusty and $500 cash for 5 yards.

I still game the XR fairway wood...but only because it's amazing.

I jut pulled my XR 3w out of the bag for the GBB Epic after holding the spot for years. Still would game it with confidence if I weren't experimenting.

XR16 woods were all awesome - I still have the 3W and hybrid. Replaced the driver with G400 Max, but the XR16 was right there on performance.

I still game the XR 16 3w and driver, love them both.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I play the 5w and have no desire to take it out of the bag. Have confidence I can it it and hit it well. Typically leaves the 3w as an extra club in the bag.

thanks for all the good posts. Originally I got my nephew the 14 degree 3wood pro and several weeks later he reported hitting it about 280 off the tee. He talked it up until I got one but I went 4w in the regular. When with a heavier shaft to help keep me from hooking it OB. But I have learned this trick. If I need 275 on a long par 5 I might get it if I aim right side of fairway and hook the hll out of it. If I hit it straight I'm not in terrible shape but only get 220.

Back