New Balance Striker Golf Shoe Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Dan! I like the sounds of the CUSH+ as it indicates it would provided a lot of comfort. I do worry about the creasing on the toe box though. Not for the visual issue as much as when it creases on the toe box there always seems to be some pressure across the toe that is uncomfortable until the shoe is broken in good. Did you notice any pressure on the toe area? As for the looks, I just think that N is too big and unappealing to my eye. With that said the I may to check out the black and red ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These have my attention. Comfort is pretty at this point for me and these seem to combine that with stability and a great warranty. I need to check out the color options.

Great review. I like NB because of the width options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dad in me likes a pair of white NBs!

Good review Dan. I have a pair of New Balance shoes that I wear when the elements are less than ideal and they hold up great but they are no where near as comfortable as my Puma's. I walked 18 holes wearing them and for the next few days my shins and feet were angry. I am curious if the CUSH+ insert helps in that regard because otherwise they are a great shoe.

Really great writeup Dan!! I'm very picky when it comes to shoes so I appreciate the detailed reviews!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great review Dan! Comfort is very important for a golf shoe with me, and I've had my current NB shoes for a very long time and the comfort has yet to go away. If I look for a new shoe this year, I will seriously consider this one as the price is in my range and since I have never been one to go too crazy on shoe designs, this look is pretty appealing to me.

I really wish NB would pull a Nike and Adidas like move and bring some of their iconic shoes to the golf course.

I like that they are giving a 2 year waterproof. esp at that price. The big question is, coming off a long golf trip, did these make the packing list?

Nice review Dan. I have two pair of these. I really like them. They are very comfortable with plenty of room. The only thing New Balance needs to improve is the "N" on the side of the shoe. The "N" starts to peel off. It had to glue them down. Not a biggy but a needed improvement.

Nice write up Dan. I’ve always thought their shoes looked decent and I know their athletic shoes are superb on the comfort side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good write up Dan. I like the sole width offerings. I would much rather get a wide and not have a ton of room in the toe box rather than wear a size too big because I have a wide foot.

Nice review Dan! I like the sounds of the CUSH+ as it indicates it would provided a lot of comfort. I do worry about the creasing on the toe box though. Not for the visual issue as much as when it creases on the toe box there always seems to be some pressure across the toe that is uncomfortable until the shoe is broken in good. Did you notice any pressure on the toe area? As for the looks, I just think that N is too big and unappealing to my eye. With that said the I may to check out the black and red ones.

It was a pretty snug fit for me, but it wasn't a singular location. Just housed my foot well all around.

My dad tried them on (he's about a full size smaller than me but claims all my shoes fit) and said they were too tight for him, and he usually pursues a wide option in his shoes.

Ordered 10.5 wides to try. Curious if they will still run small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just received my second pair. Very comfortable and roomy.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back