tbuis13

Slacker
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
I know a good deal of this could be answered by "whatever you're most comfortable with," but wanted to run a thought out there. I have a back and straight through putting stroke, but have lately struggled to find a grip that I'm happy with. Was using a claw grip for a few months, recently changed to an interlocked grip and have tried left hand low a bit as well. It seems like I have a noticeable improvement round to round after switching grips, but then it drops off like a rock after two or so rounds. I've practiced at length with each grip and don't notice a big difference in results.

Is there a "most recommended" grip for a straight back and through stroke? Or do I need to stop fiddling with it, stick with one, work on it, and ride out any rough patches?

I need to stop fiddling with it, stick with one, work on it, and ride out any rough patches

There you go. There is no right or wrong, it's whatever is most comfortable and allows for the best consistency for you.

I know a good deal of this could be answered by "whatever you're most comfortable with," but wanted to run a thought out there. I have a back and straight through putting stroke, but have lately struggled to find a grip that I'm happy with. Was using a claw grip for a few months, recently changed to an interlocked grip and have tried left hand low a bit as well. It seems like I have a noticeable improvement round to round after switching grips, but then it drops off like a rock after two or so rounds. I've practiced at length with each grip and don't notice a big difference in results.

Is there a "most recommended" grip for a straight back and through stroke? Or do I need to stop fiddling with it, stick with one, work on it, and ride out any rough patches?

Question - is your putter face-balanced?

Straight back and straight through.... There is no such thing unless you push the club out as you take it back. You're making unnatural adjustments in your stroke to complete that method. Unless you're a robot, you cannot do it exactly the same every time. That's where your inconsistency lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also straight back and through, but as one guy said here, there's no such thing. In reality I think it's a very, very slight arc, almost straight, but an arc still.

My problem with straight back and through is long putts, because my body sways to accomplish the straight back and through, or impact is lousy. However, I'm okay with short to medium length putts.

As for grips I always use the grip that comes with the putter, and I have a modified standard grip. I just like feeling the metal on my putts.

b63122ae3a1afa1ee8a788d9a09af2a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

Back