GHIN App throwing shade my way

Ft Worth Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Had the greatest round of my life yesterday and broke 80 for the first time ever. I go to my GHIN app to post my score and it came up with this message “Warning this score is much lower than this player’s typical score. Are you sure you want to post?” Essentially GHIN was calling BS on my round which gave me a hearty chuckle. If I had been playing in a tournament I would have been run out of the place with torches and pitchforks for sand bagging.

Congrats! It’s been a few years since I’ve had that warning but I’m hoping to go low this spring. :act-up:

Nice shooting, I'd laugh too at getting that message!

Had the greatest round of my life yesterday and broke 80 for the first time ever. I go to my GHIN app to post my score and it came up with this message “Warning this score is much lower than this player’s typical score. Are you sure you want to post?” Essentially GHIN was calling BS on my round which gave me a hearty chuckle. If I had been playing in a tournament I would have been run out of the place with torches and pitchforks for sand bagging.

An aggressive "HELL YES I AM!" when that pops up hahaha!

Congrats!

That's awesome, congrats! I wish the GHIN app would give a warning for the opposite. I am typically mid 80's, and on a seriously windy day last year I posted a 97, by far my worst round of the year, and something that is not the norm for me. Wish the GHIN app would've asked "This round is much higher than this player's average. Are you sure you want to post?" Would've made me feel a little better!

K6lVUFK.png

Congrats on the good round!

That's awesome, congrats! I wish the GHIN app would give a warning for the opposite. I am typically mid 80's, and on a seriously windy day last year I posted a 97, by far my worst round of the year, and something that is not the norm for me. Wish the GHIN app would've asked "This round is much higher than this player's average. Are you sure you want to post?" Would've made me feel a little better!

I've gotten that message about a high score! LOL

Congrats. Awesome! That’s my goal this year also. Hope to get the same message.

Awesome job on the great round! I hope i get that message soon

Congratulations on breaking 80!!!

Congrats!!! Always good when you stick it to the GHIN, when playing exceptional golf!

Congratulations on breaking 80! That's a milestone that I think most all golfers remember.

Congrats on breaking 80 for the first time! Some shade is better than others. LOL

Congrats on the milestone! I broke 80 for the first time last year so I know the feeling well. Good luck dropping the handicap!

Haha! I use The Grint to track my HC. It didn’t speak up when I posted my career round of -6 66 last year and it didn’t speak up when I posted 2 triple digit scores.

Now what were you other guys saying about inconsistencies? Lol. I’m currently an 8.8. If I shot that 66 in a tournament I’d be unceremoniously shot in the back of the head walking off the 18th.

The HC system isn’t really for folks like me that used to be pretty good, don’t play a ton anymore, and can occasionally post a great score and even more often shoot a piss poor one. Its rare that I’m around 82, which is about where one would expect me to be. Usually either 10 higher or 10 lower. Very seldom close to 82. If I am, it’s a bad day where I grind out a decent score or a good day where I had a couple blowups.

Funny because if I want to shoot an 82 I’d just hit irons off of every tee and probably be very close to it. Throw in driver and it’ll usually either be higher or lower. Very seldom close to 82.

Quick edit-I actually posted the 66 as a 65 for HC purposes. 9 birdies, 8 pars, and a triple (on 18 to ruin a chance at the course record, ouch!-even had an outside party as a credible witness playing with me too, 2x ouch!).

That's funny! That's my goal for the season to get that warning!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great round! Funny about the message. Hope I get it one of these days!

I love seeing that message. It has been way to long.

That is awesome!!! Congrats on breaking 80

Congrats!

I see, to only get that message in November —- for whatever reason. —- only month I seem to be able to break 80 for the past few years

I was shocked too when I saw that message. Congrats on getting it and hopefully there will be a few more of them!

Btw... it also throws this message up on a very, very bad day. It's not enough having my buddies rag on me but USGA needs to kick a guy when hes down.

Here's a new twist on this that may be new to the GHIN system this year, according to the assistant pro at the course I was at today. My current GHIN is 1.5 and I tried to post my score of 71 after my round at a local public course today. The screen read something like this, "you are unable to post a score this low at this computer." The course rating/slope from the tees I played are 71.8/144 so this is only about 2.5 strokes lower than my index. Very stange but when I asked the pro he said the USGA made some changes this year and I would have to post the score at my home course or enter a higher score and have them adjust it. Very silly, IMO.

Back