Thread: Help choosing a new ball 100 mph swing speed

Handicap
    15 est.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrt13 View Post
    Curious as to why you think the Wilson pro won’t quite fit your game after enjoying the U? The biggest difference (to me) between the two is a slight increase in compression rating which will equate to a slightly firmer feel and perhaps fractionally higher ball speed for some. I play it and have enjoyed it. In comparison to the CS, the duo pro has more of a dull sound off the irons. The CS is a bit clickier but not in a bad way by any means. I also seem to get a smidge more distance from the CS but the CS also has a higher compression rating. Having said that there are so many choices that would suit your SS... Buy a sleeve of the various balls mentioned by our members and bang away! It’s all about how it feels to you.
    I hope it is a good candidate for me but I am not sure if it is or is not. I do not have a lot of driver experience with the Duo U as I explained in the original post. I will game the Duo Pro if it fits what I am looking for which is:

Low spin with the driver

lots of spin chipping and especially 30+ yard pitches

Soft feel chipping and putting

Urethane cover

I have a low launch angle with my typical surlyn balls such as Supersoft and Duo soft spin. I want to keep the same low spin low launch I have now with a Urethane ball that is great around the green.
    Driver Exotics EXS 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce Gold XX under review
    3W Exotics EX10 Beta Rogue Max
    Honma Tour World 4 & 5 hybrids
    4I- PW PTx
    52* 56* Equalizer
    Putter
    7 Black

Handicap
    #
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badolds View Post
    I hope it is a good candidate for me but I am not sure if it is or is not. I do not have a lot of driver experience with the Duo U as I explained in the original post. I will game the Duo Pro if it fits what I am looking for which is:

Low spin with the driver

Urethane cover

I have a low launch angle with my typical surlyn balls such as Supersoft and Duo soft spin. I want to keep the same low spin low launch I have now with a Urethane ball that is great around the green.
    Try the Vice Pro Soft. It checks all your boxes and is $35 shipped via Amazon Prime. If you like it, you can buy them in bulk from Vice for roughly $25 a dozen (5 dzn). Sometimes they offer buy 5 get a 6th dozen free.
    OGIO Silencer Stand Bag
    Driver: PXG 0811X 7.5*, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
    Fairway: PXG 0341 13.5*, PX EvenFlow Blk 75/6.5
    Irons: PXG 0311T 3-PW, TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
    Wedges: PXG 0311 50*/54*/58*, TT DG TI X100
    Putter: PXG Bat Attack H, SS Flatso 1.0 Black
    Today's Ball: Snell MTB-X
    Precision Pro NX7 Pro Range Finder

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -CRW- For This Useful Post:

badolds (04-20-2019), Tee/Ski (04-20-2019)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badolds View Post

Low spin with the driver

Urethane cover

The Duo Pro checks all of your boxes. Other offerings do as well. I say pick up a few of the choices mentioned here and see which one you like best.
    "I'm kind of amazed that people actually toast their PopTarts. They're perfect, right out of the wrapper. Except the unfrosted ones, they're never perfect and always a slap in the face to America." - blugold

Bag: 3.5
    Driver: Z565
    Fairway: C300 5w
    Utility: Exotics 2 Ironwood
    Irons: JGR HF2 4-P
    Wedges: CBX 48, 52, 58
    Putter: Tyne H
    Ball: AVX

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnSinVA For This Useful Post:

badolds (04-21-2019)

I'm not a Club Pro
    Handicap
    9.5 Ugh
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornton Melon View Post
    Project a is a great ball.
    This. For me if I played golf from only 50 yards in it would be my ball of choice. I put too much zip on it with full shorter irons, but driver spin seemed pretty inline with most other premium balls. It has the most green side control of any ball Iíve ever played-for my game anyways.

Another option might be the Q-Star Tour. Itís a solid lower compression ball.

Both of these balls can be found at good pricing too and perform very similar to the Duo U. They are little firmer but much less then the ones you donít like the feel of.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smiter For This Useful Post:

badolds (04-23-2019)

Junior Golfer
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Bought 20 dozen of the Nike RZN Platinum practice balls when Dunhams had them for $7.95/doz last year or the year before and have been playing them along with Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV balls from Dicks. Cheap enough that my 2 sons freely dip into the box in the basement where I keep them to use for their rounds as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to radeon962 For This Useful Post:

badolds (04-23-2019)