Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

Wonder if you can answer a question Kev after you hit them. I used to play Vokeys, but they always felt "clicky" to me, which I'm not a fan of. I went to the TM ATV's and loved the feel / sound of them. I am hearing the SM6 seem different to previous Vokeys - curious to get your take.

Not Kevin, but the couple I took on course from my course pro-shop are definitely more "dense" in their sound, if that makes sense. No harsh click to me, but of course YMMV.

Wonder if you can answer a question Kev after you hit them. I used to play Vokeys, but they always felt "clicky" to me, which I'm not a fan of. I went to the TM ATV's and loved the feel / sound of them. I am hearing the SM6 seem different to previous Vokeys - curious to get your take.

the few swings I have taken I haven't noticed the clicky sound

The Titleist rep finally had his demo day at my local course today. I did a little blind test with the M, K and S grinds in the 60*. I hit about 5 or 6 balls with each and set them aside. The first was the S which i wasnt hitting the middle conistently and the turf interaction wasnt great. The K was next. I was quite supprised by this one but i was 50/50 either taking a massive divot or skulling it with the added bounce. The M was last and it reafirmed it was the right one for me. Great turf interaction and the strikes were super consistent. I promptly walked into the pro shop and ordered a 60* M in steel grey...

The Titleist rep finally had his demo day at my local course today. I did a little blind test with the M, K and S grinds in the 60*. I hit about 5 or 6 balls with each and set them aside. The first was the S which i wasnt hitting the middle conistently and the turf interaction wasnt great. The K was next. I was quite supprised by this one but i was 50/50 either taking a massive divot or skulling it with the added bounce. The M was last and it reafirmed it was the right one for me. Great turf interaction and the strikes were super consistent. I promptly walked into the pro shop and ordered a 60* M in steel grey...

I'm thinking about a K grind - I usually only use my sand wedge from sand types where you need more bounce, and from thick rough. This might fit the bill perfectly. Hoping I can find one to try out!

2386cbeec59f589fa3929e242d45a567.jpg

Grabbed these yesterday. Excited to give them a go. It's been several years since I had Vokey wedges in the bag.

de993d3c1a37777d576212580c11142e.jpg

Wore these out before moving on to other wedges.

WOW! 3 new beauties in the bag huh? I am definitely getting the 50* & possibly the 56*. No other wedges I would rather be playing.

Picked up an SM6 58.04 L Grind last Saturday and put it into play on Sunday. The "Flop" is back, alive and well, what a blast I had playing with this wedge, forgiving, smooth, precise, and confidence inspiring is how I would sum it up.

I love the look of the darker gray finish. I wonder how well that would hold up.

I have not had that clicky feel. Actually these feel better than I remembered from years past. Weight is solid, feel is solid, and well with fresh grooves the spin is really good.

I have not had that clicky feel. Actually these feel better than I remembered from years past. Weight is solid, feel is solid, and well with fresh grooves the spin is really good.
I've played from 4s to the 6s and the 6s have a much more muted thud to me than previous vokeys. I'm loving them so far.

Hit 5 balls with each of my wedges today to,get warmed up before hitting iron and driver. These feel good on contact, ball flight was similar to what I have seen with other wedges lately. Weight feels good to me and the sound is definitely not clicky

I was messing around last night with some lighting at the Sim to try and get some cool picture with just the cell phone cam, thought this one came out pretty cool.

8b0062429842f068cd3b54eb2b866e13.jpg

I'm so enamored with these things the feel and sound at impact is just addicting. Love that "thud" I think I could say that these are the first wedges I'd really have to hit next to hit side by side with the next model to ensure when it's time to replace that I'd upgrade to the newer model or just buy another set of the 6s.

Awesome looking pic Jimmy

Sweet picture. Those are some great looking wedges. I'll need to give these a try one of these days.

Awesome looking pic Jimmy

Sweet picture. Those are some great looking wedges. I'll need to give these a try one of these days.
Thanks fellas! I really need to grab the wifey's camera and takes some quality pictures. Also thinking it's time to swap the red paint fill for my pink! Lol!

Hit 5 balls with each of my wedges today to,get warmed up before hitting iron and driver. These feel good on contact, ball flight was similar to what I have seen with other wedges lately. Weight feels good to me and the sound is definitely not clicky

Headed to Golfsmith tonight and at least one wedge will be bought - gonna blame it on you guys lol!

Jimmy, that pic is awesome.

As are these wedges, IMO. May not be the popular thing to say and it may get scoffed at by some (or cause a collected gasp), but they're really good from the swings I've gotten and I want a set.

I have 20 or so balls at that range with these and I like what I have seen so far. Will get first course action tomorrow

As are these wedges, IMO. May not be the popular thing to say and it may get scoffed at by some (or cause a collected gasp), but they're really good from the swings I've gotten and I want a set.

Scoffed at?
Im not sure Bob Vokey has made any bad wedges, has he? Asking genuinely here, because I simply cant remember one.

Thanks dude. I really need to get some better pictures with a higher quality camera. These wedges are lookers and performers from what I've seen so far. The only issue I'm having so far is deciding if I made the right choice going black instead of steel grey.

Thanks dude. I really need to get some better pictures with a higher quality camera. These wedges are lookers and performers from what I've seen so far. The only issue I'm having so far is deciding if I made the right choice going black instead of steel grey.

Get them before you hit them, because based on 441 and I's time at Vokey last week, that finish is coming off quite quickly (according to them).

Get them before you hit them, because based on 441 and I's time at Vokey last week, that finish is coming off quite quickly (according to them).
I picked up the same finish today took one shot in the back yard and some of the finish came off the sole. I expect it and like the wear but I was thinking about just stripping it right away and not even messing around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Scoffed at?
Im not sure Bob Vokey has made any bad wedges, has he? Asking genuinely here, because I simply cant remember one.
Just being playful/haha dude, I forgot the smiley. Sorry about that.

My whole point was I've gotten to mess with these a lot lately and they've impressed me. Particularly the fact that theyre audibly more dense.

I picked up the same finish today took one shot in the back yard and some of the finish came off the sole. I expect it and like the wear but I was thinking about just stripping it right away and not even messing around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I support this rawness.

I have the blue SM5's, and the first shot out of the bunker and the entire finish on the sole came off.

Back