Do all club heads of a particular model weigh the same regardless of OEM shaft?

rxk9fan

Reaction score
Handicap
If I get a great deal on a set of irons that came from the OEM with say a Project X LZ 4.0 Senior flex shaft, will that head be the same head that comes with a OEM set shafted with the Recoil 95?
I was able to pick up a never hit set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pro irons with the senior flex shaft. I want to put my Recoil 110 F4 shafts in them. Is there any problem with that as long as the diameter is correct? I did not know if the irons shafted with weaker shafts were the same as the heads with stiffer shafts.
Probably a stupid question but I don't want to waste money re-shafting if the performance could be compromised.
Thank you for any comments!

Same heads. The shaft with impact swing weight however. But that seems obvious.

Same head I would imagine. Highly, highly doubt they alter the head based on the shaft that is going in it. Obviously, different shaft weights will yield different swing weights with those heads.

Mizuno does an A and B heads for over length builds to keep swing weight managable. I dont know if they will use the light head for light weight shafts for swing weight purposes.

Mizuno does an A and B heads for over length builds to keep swing weight managable. I dont know if they will use the light head for light weight shafts for swing weight purposes.

This. Mizuno uses lighter heads for longer builds to keep the swing weight reasonable. So it’s hard to say which heads you would get in a used set.

BUT, reshafting won’t inherently make a club lose performance. It would only lose performensce for you if you didn’t swing it as well with the new shafts (club speed, tempo, etc.) or if the new shafts were a worse fit for launch, spin, etc.

How you perform with various swing weights is unique to you (I.e., there are no hard and fast rules).

Thank you for the replies!
A more direct question should have been:
Can I take a new set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pros shafted with Project X LZ graphite 4.0 shafts (60gm?), remove that shaft, and throw in my set of Recoil 110gm F4 shafts?

Thank you for the replies!
A more direct question should have been:
Can I take a new set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pros shafted with Project X LZ graphite 4.0 shafts (60gm?), remove that shaft, and throw in my set of Recoil 110gm F4 shafts?

The swingweight will become slightly lighter with the Recoils but can be easily increased by adding lead powder or lead tape to the heads. Lighter grips will also increase swingweight.

The swingweight will become slightly lighter with the Recoils but can be easily increased by adding lead powder or lead tape to the heads. Lighter grips will also increase swingweight.
Why would the swingweight decrease by going to the Recoils? Is there something about the shaft that's coming out (tip heavy maybe) that would cause that or are the Recoils backweighted to cause a lower swingweight?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back