Newbie from Central Californis

dodgeram

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone. First time post here. I'm not new to golf, but its been a long time since I golfed regularly. I recently started it up again. I played men's fastpitch softball for 30 years as my main hobby, but its becoming a dying sport. The younger generation doesn't have the patience to learn how to hit a fastpitch like a rise ball. They'd rather play slow pitch because they can get several hits a game.

So I finally hung up the cleats and now I want to get back into golf. I've always enjoyed the game but being a working man weekends are the only time I can play and the softball was always weekend tournaments. Now I have time to concentrate on golf. I spent several months at the range before I actually played a round. It did help as I'm actually better now than I was 30 years ago.

My immediate goal is to play bogie golf. But at some point if I get there I won't be satisfied with that. I've played 6 rounds since I started up again and after an initial 104 score I've steadily lowered my score. I took a day off work yesterday and played 18 holes. I shot a personal best 93. So I'm almost at my goal.

I worked so hard at hitting better off the tee and its payed off. I'm hitting well over half my fairways. And when I miss I'm not too far off over 240 yards down the fairway. Back in the day I was lucky to hit 25 percent of the fairways with the driver. I'm looking forward to a lot of golf and this forum looks like a good place to ramble on like I'm doing now. :comp:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

I'm not far away, just east of Sacramento.

Congrats on the PB! Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

I'm not far away, just east of Sacramento.

You're not too far up in elevation are you? I've only been passing through I-80 east of Sacramento a few times or highway 50 on the way to Tahoe and once you get to the foothills its beautiful with all the green hills. Weather here in the valley is terrific this time of year. Mid 70's with lots of sunshine. Great for golfing. I better enjoy it while I can. in a couple months it'll be in the 90's and 100's. By July its in the 100's most of the time.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome journey to improvement is fun!

Welcome aboard, and welcome back to golf!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to a place full of golf and awesome people

Back