What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really good ball striking day to end with an 83. Hit everything from driver to A wedge well, sand and putter let me down a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

39/38-77 today. Scrambled like a mofo. 3 big birdie putts and no blown up holes saved me.

39/38-77 today. Scrambled like a mofo. 3 big birdie putts and no blown up holes saved me.
I have a goal, this year, to somehow have a few rounds with no blow-up holes. Then, I might actually spend some time in the 70s. Maybe.

Got a text from the course saying it was opening at 11 am for our weekly skins game. Didn't think much of it as I wasn't going to play. After a little while I decided what the heck I might as well go play. Pull into the parking lot an decent amount of cars for a 38 degree morning. We end up with 17 guys in the skins game. I shot 69 (33-36) with 5 birdies and 2 bogeys won 1 skin and cleaned up in our groups side game. Pretty good day for not planning on playing today.

First round of the season 40 degrees and windy not a great round but swing change and me fought a little I will take the 87

A very frustrating 48. Couldn't keep anything online today. Started with a par on the long Par 5 but it was bogey or double the rest of the way. 17 putts, but missed a couple par putts inside 8 feet. First day with the SC Laguna so maybe I just need to warm up to it. Hope to wrangle up a lesson soon.

Finally got a chance to play a full round plus nine with my new Cure RX2...the putter is AWESOME! First round 44/40=84 and 31 putts! Then played another 9 holes and shot 39 with 16 putts. I putt one in from the fringe for a birdie...the Cure has most likely cured my putting woes. It's amazing what technology can do.

For 15 of 18 holes, I was +3... The other 3 holes were a problem, though, as I was +9 on those 3 holes, for an 84. Still not posting season for us, though. Had one birdie, and gave myself good looks at 3 others.

48/40 for 88. Struggled off the tee and had two three putts on the front. Short game and fairway woods saved me on a couple holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/43 84 with a 10 on the last hole. Two birdies. 35 putts, four 3-putts. 9/18 GIR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39/42-81 [Persimmon Ridge 73.3 144] 10/15 Fairways 11/18 Greens 37 putts (ouch). 3 three putts. #keepgrinding

42/38, 80.

Not my best front 9, but the back 9 was some of the best golf I have played in a few years. Short game continues to come around, and my putter got hot. M2 played nice for me today and consistently had me in the fairway.

39/39 for a 78.

Started out horribly going double, double and bogey on the first 3 holes. Birdied the next hole and then birdied the last 2 holes on the front 9.

Back 9 was pretty uneventful. The wind really picked up on the back and only had 1-2 good opportunities to score. Didn't putt well on the back.

47/39 = 86 - tale of two nines. Had a couple of nice birdies though.

JM

80 (par 72) 38/42. 8 pars, 2 birdies, 1 triple bogey. 4 3-putts and 1 4-putt. Ball striking was solid. 11 GIR. 6 FIR, but only 1 drive put me in any real trouble today (under a tree). Putting is my Achilles heel.

43/43=86 on the first 18. 41/41=82 on the second 18. First 18 was pretty cold, 2nd 18 the wind died down and warmed up nicely. Had one double on each side of the second 18, so close to 80 it is killing me making dumb mistakes. :banghead:

Shot 41/39-80 at Eagle Ranch (blues @ 6700). Thankfully was able to hit range balls before the round today, but still lots of rust on the swing. Found my swing after #11 and started murdering the ball. Had three straight great birdie opportunities on 12-14 but missed them all. Short game was atrocious. Made a 7 on a par 5 after being greenside in a grass bunker in 2. Hit 10 GIR though, so thats good. An absolutely beautiful, cool, March day.

Played this morning and shot a 42/46 88. Started trying some things on the back and it didn't work out as planned.

Then played 18 this afternoon and shot a 90. Don't recall the break down of the sides though.
Pretty much just ran out of steam half way through the round. But I did finish with some of my best drives of the day on the last 2 holed of the day.

Last edited:
e3c226d4bcb006a8ff484460e3eb78f2.jpg

With some help.

e71cd76678788ca9ef76c5608a3eb1d2.jpg

Animal. Nice day fupaaaaaaaaay

81 with two penalty strokes. Better but not where I want to be!

A hideous 46/40-86. Starting off with back to back 3 jacks leading to doubles didn't help the cause.

Couldn't hit the driver at all today. Pull hooked about 10 drives, hit 2 good ones & the rest were everywhere else.

Frustrating 94 today (51 / 43) ... Not sure why my last two front 9s have been so bad. putting was below average for me today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back