How long kept in play

I'll go 18 holes, but by then I find most balls are ready for the shag due to groove marks, etc.

If I haven't lost it, I'll stop playing it if it gets a big scuff which will affect the aerodynamics (or the roll when I hit it off the bottom groove).

I will continue to use it until there is a decent scuff. Discoloration doesn't bother me.

I play Srixon balls so they never wear out. I play a ball until it gets lost. If playing a different ball for some reason, and I can feel big marks, I’ll toss it. Looks don’t matter, but if really rough it’s gone.

Until damaged or it quits me. Like my favorite cassettes back in the day, I'll play 'em until I wear 'em out.

If it’s behaving properly i.e. going where I want it to go and avoids cart paths and trees, i’l continue to play but once major scuff, I’ll put in bottom of bag for one of those days when playing poorly and don’t want to lose a new ball. I recall reading once that a scuff mark really only impacts putting.

I keep playing it until I've lost it. Which is normally a couple of holes.

Until I lose it, not particular about scuffs etc. just give it a little clean and it already looks a lot better.

I usually play it until I lose it, or it takes a turn off the cart path. I did have a Z-Star XV last year that made it through almost 3 rounds before I lost it. It was a good run for that ball.

Typically until i lose it which around here can be anywhere from the first hole or the 18th haha. I have only not lost a ball through 18 once or twice and it was still in good shape.

Typically 2 rounds. By then it hasn’t lost its shine and looks dull. I also notice the dimples don’t look as crisp.

Until I lose it.

I'm taking a yellow and black Chrome Soft Truvis into action today for it's 28th consecutive hole. It's a new course for me though so it's time is probably limited LOL!

I'm currently somewhat rotating among three balls right now depending on the performance I am looking for on a given hole. Assuming I don't lose one or damage one hitting a cart path, and playing basically 5 days per week the same balls can easily last me two to three weeks before i consider replacing them. I've played balls long enough such that the brand printing on the ball has become unreadable. :act-up:

I've played around 21 9 hole rounds so far this year with the same 2 balls. Probably time to put them in the practice bin and take out a couple newer ones.

Back