These are Real too - Nike Chicken & Waffles

Im sorry, I get that I am not the demographic, but these are ****ing terrible.
Maybe we can see Matzoh Ball Soup shoes soon...

I'm thinking next west coast trip we should rock a pair and walk round LA.

These are actually pretty mild as far as limited release Nikes go.

Not my style. Never been a fan of Dunks, maybe some of the lows, but never highs or mids.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not my style but if people love them, who cares? I won't lose sleep over these

Wow they really are stretching for anything lately. There are just ugly and flat out idiotic.

Well, I did say it reminded ME. But, that's like, my opinion, man.
Fantastic Lebowski reference lol.

These are hideous, but people will definitely buy them. The irony to it all is I believe snoop dog had a lot to do with Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles out in California and that restaurant is fantastic.

People will gobble these up

hideous

You could rock them.

I could...but im too angry that someone actually got paid (and probably good money) to come up with that design that looks like someone pissed all over white shoes

Looks like the chicken crapped on the swoosh.

I'll pass.

Wow they really are stretching for anything lately. There are just ugly and flat out idiotic.
Just shoes man, some people dig them but I don't think they are idiots. Different tastes

Just shoes man, some people dig them but I don't think they are idiots. Different tastes

To be fair, he didnt call the people that bought them idiots, he called the shoes idiotic.
Im sure if someone showed up in a banana hammock to the ski lift, you might say "that outfit is idiotic" or "stupid".
Same could be said for how some view breakfast on your feet.

To be fair, he didnt call the people that bought them idiots, he called the shoes idiotic.
Im sure if someone showed up in a banana hammock to the ski lift, you might say "that outfit is idiotic" or "stupid".
Same could be said for how some view breakfast on your feet.
Fair enough, I can go with that. Banana hammock in the snow when it's down right freezing is indeed idiotic lol

Those look delicious

I showed them to a coworker and she says that the soles of OG Nikes were originally made with a waffle iron. I have no reason to believe her, but if she's right, are these a moronic tribute to their roots?

If I were in my teens or early 20s I'd wear em!

I showed them to a coworker and she says that the soles of OG Nikes were originally made with a waffle iron. I have no reason to believe her, but if she's right, are these a moronic tribute to their roots?

The original Nikes when Knight was selling them out of the back of his trunk, were modeled from a waffle iron. Or so the storey says.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

She is right.
But they were not made out of chicken.

Bizarre inspiration behind Nike's first pair of running shoes

nike-bill-bowerman.jpg

Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman.

Nike's first pair of running shoes was inspired by waffles.
Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman was having breakfast with his wife one morning in 1971 when it dawned on him that the grooves in the waffle iron she was using would be an excellent mold for a running shoe, The Atlantic reports.
Bowerman, who was a track and field coach at the time, had been searching for a way to make shoes lighter and faster, according to The Oregonian.
Oregon's Hayward Field, where he worked, was transitioning to an artificial surface and "Bill wanted a sole without spikes that could grip equally well on grass or bark dust."
He was talking to his wife about this conundrum over breakfast, when the waffle iron idea came into play.
"I picked out a couple pieces of jewelry and things that had stars on them, or things that we thought would indent or make a pattern on the soles," Bowerman's wife, Barbara, told Nike historian Scott Reames in an interview he conducted for the company in 2006, The Oregonian reports. "We were making the waffles that morning and talking about (the track). As one of the waffles came out, he said, 'You know, by turning it upside down — where the waffle part would come in contact with the track — I think that might work.'
"So he got up from the table and went tearing into his lab and got two cans of whatever it is you pour together to make the urethane, and poured them into the waffle iron."

Oh my gosh...

while I don't like the design, they look like they could be pretty comfy to wear.

I wear some off style shoes and would not wear there. But I know a few people that will

Back