What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

First round ever with Wilson Staff FG Tour ball.
Color me impressed - great distance off the driver, not much side spin off driver or irons, pretty consistent iron distance. Spin off of wedges was consistent, little roll out. Good feel off of putter.
I like this ball!! It may be the best bang for your buck currently ($29.99 per dozen clearance at PGASS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 B330RX and am really enjoying this ball. Like a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played the round yesterday with the original chromesoft in colder temperatures.

Very good winter ball. Solid off the tee and was hopping and stopping pretty good for me yesterday.

1st 18 holes played the 2016 Chrome Soft, good off the driver and irons, I can get it to check up nicely around the greens. 2nd 18 holes played the 2016 B-330RX, good off the driver and irons, love it off the putter, I know it is me, but can't seem to get it to check up as much on the greens. I am gonna play it a couple more rounds, the cover is amazingly durable!!!!!!!

Maxfli U/4X since I raided the shag bag. It is a very solid ball!

Duo U for 18.

Just a fun golf ball.

9 with '16 Chrome soft truvis - love the truvis
9 with '16 b330s

I have zero complaints with either ball. Driver distances are comparable. I get a little more spin on mid to short irons with the b330s.

Played the DUO U for 9 this morning, then switched over to a B330 RX from last year (I believe).
Then this afternoon, I play 9 with the B330rx again, then switched to a new B330s.
Have to say the new B330s was phenomenal.
Think I need to try the new B330 now.

I played 18 yesterday with an orange Maxfli Softfli in 38 degree weather. I like it a lot and the price can't be beat. I scored my second best round. I came back around and did another 9 with a yellow Callaway Chrome. It got nicer out, 40 degrees. lol This ball sticks a little better on the greens than the Maxxie but both work fine. I scored my best ever 9 hole round!

I played 18 yesterday with an orange Maxfli Softfli in 38 degree weather. I like it a lot and the price can't be beat. I scored my second best round. I came back around and did another 9 with a yellow Callaway Chrome. It got nicer out, 40 degrees. lol This ball sticks a little better on the greens than the Maxxie but both work fine. I scored my best ever 9 hole round!

Congrats on the PB!!

The Softfli is highly underrated for a low cost ball. Plays much better than the price point would suggest.

Played 27 holes yesterday with the new B330RXs. These are silly long. I'm gonna have to stock up because these are the new gamers.

Vice Golf Pro Shooter
This is the third vice golf ball ive tried and so far they are all impressive, I enjoyed the Shooter, it felt great off the Tee, didn't seem like it had too much spin as I tend to slice my drive all the time, then again it could have been the new mini driver I was using. It also held onto the greens very well, I will definitely be sticking with Vice golf for awhile, So far I've loved their quality and price and their hats, I need to stop buying all their hats:clap:

Used a ProV1x for the first time. Unfortunately where my game is at I didn't notice much over a cheaper ball besides a bit more spin on my mid irons. Unfortunately when you still lose a few balls it turns into a pretty expensive round lol.

Played the callaway SR3 for 15 straight holes yesterday. I'm a big fan of the Z Star XV but the price difference may make me switch at least for a while, the SR3 is currently $25 a dz. I did notice that the SR3 wears much faster than the Z star as I had to change out my ball due to some scuffs. Im not quite a single digit handicapper, so I'm sure how it will impact my scoring all that much but the ball seemed to play pretty close to the srixon. The biggest difference I noticed for me was the feel and distance (srixon feels much better and goes a little bit further). However the plus side is that the SR3 flew straighter it seemed but it also wasnt as workable, which is sometimes a very good thing for me. Im not Bubba Watson by any means!

Ive been using the Callaway Super Soft and I love it especially for the price

Srixon Z star XV and Callaway Supersoft. Probably as far apart from each other as possible. The XV I really like feels good off the club and I can even get it to stop on the hard greens here. The Supersoft I like off my irons but off the driver and putter it just feels Meh to me.

TM Lethal. Forgot how good those ball was had to order more from lostgolfballs

Yesterday I played 9 holes with a precept laddie x. Super ball for the price. I have been trying a few bargain balls lately and this has performed the best so far for my game. Will keep playing these until I play a bad round with them haha.

So, as late as I am to the game, I finally got 18 holes in with a Callaway Chrome Soft. Believe it or not, it is only the second time I ever hit this ball (The first time, I lost my two ball pak within the first three holes, one off the first tee).
Here are my thoughts.
1) It feels great off of driver and irons, across the board.
2) It seemed to jump off of the putter - It took me a while to get the speed down on the greens, I was blowing shots by the hole at an alarming rate!
3) I only had one ball spin back, most of the other shots were too affected by wind to really have much to say about approach shot spin.
4) Greenside spin seemed on par with most other non-ProV balls, meaning that they rolled out a fair amount.

I like this ball - I will try to keep it in play until it visits a cactus that will not return it to me.

2016 Bridgestone B330-RX
Freaking Love This Ball!

Late model project (a) and a Duo-U with a TM Lethal thrown in for good measure. I used to look down on the Proj a but the more I play it the more I consider keeping it in the rotation. The Duo U performed as expected and it's definitely a solid ball, but with all this talk about the new 330RX I may have to swap a dozen of the U for some.

I like the Lethal and wish I had some more of them, although it hurt me a bit on one hole where I hit into a greenside bunker. I got out expecting it to release but it hopped and spun sideways. Missed the sandy :/

I got a sample pack of the new chrome soft Callaway balls and they are just too soft for me. I prefer the more firm feel of my Srixon Z Star XVs.

Congrats on the PB!!

The Softfli is highly underrated for a low cost ball. Plays much better than the price point would suggest.

I am quite impressed on how they play. They don't feel marshmellowy like two experiences I had with some Callaway Supersofts. I might have to revisit them and see if it was just me at that stage of my game. If I'm playing with others (white ball) I will be bringing out the orange Softfli's or the Chrome Truvis patterns. I think I'm down my last yellow Chrome ball in my stash.

The price was something like 2 dozen for $25. I sure wouldn't get all worked up if I lost one at that price point. I sure can see those Orange balls better in the air than any others. That is half the battle picking them up in flight so you know where to start looking. Yellow is not good for me and I seem to ride around a little more before I can pick them out. In the fall, it is white balls only.

Snell My Tour Ball. Just as good as Pro V1 and way better price.

Snell My Tour Ball. Just as good as Pro V1 and way better price.

I'd really like to try these, too. I hear nothing but good things about them..

Played the latest B-330RX last round and I think I forgot what a solid ball it is. Wish it had just a tad more stopping power but overall, it is a great ball that I may end up playing all the time.

Back