What is the most accurate driver you have ever gamed?

Had to chuckle when I read this. When I posted about finding "the" shaft, the shaft is the Xcaliber 6. That one was the ticket for me.

Did you test any other Xcalibers in your AC or was the 6 just the ticket? Reg or stiff?
What is your average swing speed, tempo and distance with driver?

thanks for any info!

Though I have not gamed it, the most accurate driver that I have hit is my buddys Titleist 913d2 10.5 with a VTS 80x shaft. It is 20+yds shorter then my current driver but it is dead straight every time.

Little Golfsmith metal driver. Games it in HS and college. Used to crush it too! Was similar in size and look to the original TM metal drivers.

For me, its a tossup between the Nike SQ, Nike VR Pro and Mizuno JPX EZ. Those old, squared-headed drivers did nothing but hit the ball straight; although the shorter shaft made it not nearly as long as some of the newer drivers.
In terms of the newer, adjustable drivers its almost like cheating because you can adjust the face and fix some minor flaws in your swing.

Did you test any other Xcalibers in your AC or was the 6 just the ticket? Reg or stiff?
What is your average swing speed, tempo and distance with driver?

thanks for any info!

I have used the XCaliber 5 reg in a Wishon 919THI I had a couple years ago based on a recommendation from Robin himself, and it fit my swing well (it is a 5, not a 6. I fat-fingered that one. Again!). It was one with the original graphics, white shaft with red. So when I saw Robin had updated them to red shafts with silver-ish graphics, I shopped around for a red AC head.

Prior to this shaft, I had used a Cobra Aldila RIP from an original AMP driver with great results.

My swing is right at to just under 90 mph, average total with rollout is 240-245 (@5300' elevation), and I have a really slow lazy tempo.

I have used the XCaliber 5 reg in a Wishon 919THI I had a couple years ago based on a recommendation from Robin himself, and it fit my swing well (it is a 5, not a 6. I fat-fingered that one. Again!). It was one with the original graphics, white shaft with red. So when I saw Robin had updated them to red shafts with silver-ish graphics, I shopped around for a red AC head.

Prior to this shaft, I had used a Cobra Aldila RIP from an original AMP driver with great results.

My swing is right at to just under 90 mph, average total with rollout is 240-245 (@5300' elevation), and I have a really slow lazy tempo.

Many thanks for the info!
You & I sound very similar other than my tempo is more aggressive...not slow/smooth but not out of control either

Decisions...decisions...

Apologies to OP for the thread jack...

Most accurate I have ever owned is my Amp Cell...most forgiving on mishits I have owned as well

jarunyty.jpg

This pic probably doesn't do the color justice, but paired with the red head it's a killer looking combo!

The one I use at the moment. Will hit most fairways during a round, it's what happens after that which is the problem haha

Taylormade R11 that my neighbor gave me after buying a new R1.IT has a regular shaft but it feels stiff than the regular shat in my Razar Fit .The R11 is also a little longer for me.

The best was a Cobra Amp Offset. I was driving the ball well at the time and had a 9 month period where I hit 78% fairways. It wasn't the longest, but it was high and in play.

Runner up was a shortened Ping K15 playing at 44.75. It sounded and felt horrible, but I had a ton of confidence with it. I'd just step up, take an easy swing and typically be in the middle of the fairway. Only when I got quick did I really get in trouble. I hit about 70% fairways with that.

I'm hoping to recapture the magic of those two with a shortened Amp Cell Offset. Right now my swing is holding me back a bit. ;)

I'm hoping I proved it a little bit this weekend. Still standing by my amp cell.

Callaway Optiforce. It goes wherever you set up and aim. I never thought any driver would replace the Cobra Amp Cell. I wasn't even interested in a new driver just playing around with a launch monitor and the numbers I was getting seemed too good to be true. They let me test it out and it was over I went back the same day and bought it.

Ping G20 for me.

So I now have 4 rounds in this year plus many range sessions after easing back into the game from back rehab. After much range time and those 4 rounds with the Amp Cell and the Bio Cell, plus a like-new X-Hot I picked up, the Amp Cell is still the hands down winner.

So I have a like-new black Bio Cell and a 10.5° X-Hot to be selling now I guess. No reason to take up valuable floor space!

More Accurate out of the dozens ive tried has been the Titleist 913d2. It just goes where i want it to, 95% of the time.

ping G25 by far for me. The worst was my taylor made burner 2.0

I have not find one yet ..,,,,, still lookin.

TM 8.5* 200 steel

Agree with OP, Cobra Amp Cell with an Aldila NV 65, while not anywhere close to the longest, seemed to keep all but the worst strikes in play. Crazy forgiving driver.

M2 with Hzrdus Black 75. 44 3/4". 10g weight screw. This combo is so much more point'n'shoot than any driver I've ever gamed previously.

I felt like the Callaway XR driver was pretty forgiving. Especially low heel shots. The club seemed to limit gear effect for me and produce straight shots with decent distance on severe mis-hits.

Most accurate has to be the 816 DBD. If I make a half way decent swing the ball goes where I want it to go

While I haven't gamed that many drivers, but out of the ones I have the J715 stands out to me the most. The forgiveness across the face is outstanding and paired with the milled face this driver has become my go to.

Back