O Works #7S for SBST?

CajunMan

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 USGA
So I putted the O Works red 2 Ball, #7 and #7S yesterday. I also tried both the Winn Avs and SuperStroke grips. I putt SBST but rolled the #7S really well even though the #7S is for a slight arc! Has anyone else experienced this? The #7S did come home with me with the AVS grip. Tim

Have you ever been measured on a SAM or something? It could be that you have more of an arc than you think. When we were getting fit, the Odyssey folks said that was often the case.

At the end of the day everything is guidelines - putt with what works best for you. Could be you like how the slant neck looks vs the double bend too.

Says on their website the S neck creates toe hang. Toe hang for a strait back strait through putter will make you pull it. Toe hang is for golfers who have an arched stroke and promotes squaring at impact. I am reviewing the Ben Hogan BHB02 which is an excellent putter for SBST and its face points strait at the ceiling. Really stays on the line I chose. I still miss putts, but it's because of my read not because I pulled the putt.

We l putt on some kind of an arc (it could be very slight, but it’s there).

It may be the S neck fits your stroke no matter how much of a SBST you think you have.

Matt is right, get on a SAM Lab and you’ll not only get the visual confirmation of how much the head moves through the putting stroke, but also it will tell you what type of putter fits your stroke best.

Says on their website the S neck creates toe hang. Toe hang for a strait back strait through putter will make you pull it. Toe hang is for golfers who have an arched stroke and promotes squaring at impact. I am reviewing the Ben Hogan BHB02 which is an excellent putter for SBST and its face points strait at the ceiling. Really stays on the line I chose. I still miss putts, but it's because of my read not because I pulled the putt.

+1
BB.jpg

Have you ever been measured on a SAM or something? It could be that you have more of an arc than you think. When we were getting fit, the Odyssey folks said that was often the case.

At the end of the day everything is guidelines - putt with what works best for you. Could be you like how the slant neck looks vs the double bend too.

The SeeMore folks have been saying that for years as well.

Regardless of what you think your stroke is, go with the putter that gives you the best consistency and the chance to make the most putts.

I always thought I had a SBST putting stroke also but when fit was told I actually have Arc and needed toe hang. I would have bet money I was SBST. I guess if it were me I would purchase what seems to work best regardless of the amount of toe hang.

I always thought I had a SBST putting stroke also but when fit was told I actually have Arc and needed toe hang. I would have bet money I was SBST. I guess if it were me I would purchase what seems to work best regardless of the amount of toe hang.

This is me too. Im 95 percent sure I’m SBST. But then the other 5 percent is like “what if I’m not”.

Physiologically, all putting strokes have SOME arc. They have to given the plane they are on, they just appear more SBST to the user.

So I tried the #7S out on the course yesterday for the first time and was impressed. Maybe it is just a new putter but my accuracy has improved and looking forward to the next game. The 3 dots along with the 2 outer alignment lines makes it look like I am putting down a freeway! I am going to start putting lines on my balls again to increase my accuracy. I had stopped doing that with my 2 Ball. The Winn AVS grip is perfect in my hands and went from a 35” shaft to a 34” shaft. Tim

This is me too. Im 95 percent sure I’m SBST. But then the other 5 percent is like “what if I’m not”.

Last year I actually taped a highlighter to my putter and made some strokes on a piece of paper to see what my stroke Arc looked like. When I did that it appeared that it was pretty straight but I think it was probably me mentally moving it that way because that was my preconceived notion of what my stroke was.

That is a good idea, Kev! I actually have one of those practice 9foot Matt’s that have the lines marked on it to putt with but I have noticed if I do not observe those lines, I have a very slight arc to my putt. On the green I have to mentally think straight back and putt straight through. Maybe I should just practice my “normal” swing? Tim

Back