Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 Grips - THP Review

Was on vacation when I decided to change grips. Unfortunately they didn't have the TV grips in the +4, so I went with the MCC+4 instead. To be perfectly honest, I really liked the feel of gripping the club better than with my tapered grips. My hits were more solid, and the swing felt a little more free. I only did my irons because I wasn't sure about them, but I will change over to the wedges shortly. I really like the +4 option! Maybe I'll go with the TV in my wedges.

I have them on my wedges and like them. I put them on when I was trying a couple of other midsize grips. It took a little bit to get used to the reduced taper but I like the feel of them.

Bought one of these yesterday to put on my driver. I know grip pressure is an issue for me so hoping this helps. Should have some feedback soon.

I was able to play a round with my newly gripped driver and quite enjoyed it. Like the review says, not revolutionary, but a really solid grip. Maybe it's just in my head, but I did feel like I could use lighter grip pressure. Besides flashy colors, I'm not sure what else I could really ask for in a grip. The new grey cap isn't quite flashy, but it's a nice touch.

Good write up James! You make a good point that messing with such a standard is a bold move, even though it doesn’t seem like much.

Very good writeup James. Enjoyed the read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I really did think that with the popularity of the Tour Velvets that the +4 version would draw some more interest.

Is it how otherwise plain the TV’s are that’s doing it?

I myself am an MCC fan, but, the TV definitely have their place.

Enjoying these on my wedges.

On a personal level, I do wish they’d brought the corded TV in +4 to the party.

I may just pick up a midsized TV+4 to try out to see what it's about. I've only played the TV in standard size so it's never had a real trial.

I’ve got quite a few rounds in with these & like them much better than the standard TVs. They’re also holding very well so far.

I’ve got quite a few rounds in with these & like them much better than the standard TVs. They’re also holding very well so far.

I’m really really enjoying them in the wedges still.

Good stuff here. I’m considering the TVs for my next set. Decent price

These are now on my Original One and the Aldila NV hybo shaft I’m reviewing.

Actually enjoy the TV’s way more with the +4 design.

I've become a big fan of the +4.

I’m finding the same thing. The original TVs & I never got along, I pulled them off as soon as I got the clubs and put something else on. I’ve been using them for a month or better now & they’re holding up well.

I’ve now put these on several of my gamer clubs and continue to be impressed. Nothing revolutionary as I mentioned in the review, but they don’t need to be.

These might become my go to wedge grips now.

Wonder if they’re ever going to bring a corded version?

I put them on all my clubs a month ago and love them.

I think I'm going to put these on my driver, 4 wood, and 3 hybrid as they are the only clubs I don't have Tour Velvets on. I have TV's with 3 bottom wraps on the rest and don't hit these clubs right to left often. The woods I tend to pull/hook! I have the stock Cobra connect on them now but never use the technology.

Installing these bad boys on the CBX2 48/54/60.

Maybe the perfect wedge grips for me. Ever.

Back