The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Played my 1st 18 holes in prep for The Gauntlet today. Not great. But some highlights for sure. Had an eagle and some decent drives.

Man, seems like everyone is getting eagles during prep! I better get cracking!!
Congrats X and Tim!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, seems like everyone is getting eagles during prep! I better get cracking!!
Congrats X and Tim!!

Never had an eagle

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've had a bladed 9i hole in one (no pictures on the scorecard!), but never an eagle on a 4 or 5. Left one on the lip and that putt has set in my mind ever since.

Wasn't able to play or practice due to the weather last week. But supposed to be near 70 tomorrow and Tuesday so I plan on playing both days.

Well I overdid it yesterday. Now I know why I didn't shoot too well yesterday in Florida - my chest is sore and my forearms are sore. I got so excited to play golf down here after a winter in St. Louis that I got myself into the "grip it and rip it" mode.

Another round this morning and then a few days off while I attend my conference. This morning's goal is to lay off of it and just play target golf. I don't need to try and drive every 340 and under Par 4.

Dammit. Snowing here again!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Wow. I played like absolute poop today. The wind was howling and it was cold. I shot a 94 with 1 birdie and 8 pars. I think I had 8 penalty shots with balls blowing into the water.

Wow. I played like absolute poop today. The wind was howling and it was cold. I shot a 94 with 1 birdie and 8 pars. I think I had 8 penalty shots with balls blowing into the water.

Cue Northerners quote

"Your in FL, you dont know what cold is"

Sorry, it comes out every now and then...:D

If it makes you feel any better, I'd be pretty happy with a 94!

I have tee times for the next four days. Hope I can get my game back - it is still on vacation. I must have left it last week.

Hit the range this AM with mixalot, who is here for work this week. Nice to meet another THP forum member!

Cool meeting you as well Dave, we seemed to have a lot in common. Since you know where I'm from, trash talking for us will be like normal conversation haha. Got to meet stevececil as well, looking forward to some golf with both of y'all.

Just returned from Scottsdale just now after a week of watching people play golf. I did play one day at the JW Marriott however. It was last Monday and I played whichever two nines they weren't using for the LPGA event. Beautiful greens and GIANT 1st bounces of the tee. Being that I don't bomb the ball, I was lovin' the extra roll. I also stopped and said hello to just about everyone I saw at the tournament that was wearing something with a We-Ko-Pa logo on it, and they said we are in for a treat when we're there. They couldn't say enough good things about both courses. I also spent most mornings practicing at the TPC Champions range which was pricy, but super cool hitting balls and talking golf with Spivey.

Cue Northerners quote

Now this morning was uncomfortably cold considering I brought nothing but shorts And short sleeve shirts. Stupid wind make it bone chilling cold. I actually used my rain gloves to keep my hands from being numb.

Cool meeting you as well Dave, we seemed to have a lot in common. Since you know where I'm from, trash talking for us will be like normal conversation haha. Got to meet stevececil as well, looking forward to some golf with both of y'all.

Just returned from Scottsdale just now after a week of watching people play golf. I did play one day at the JW Marriott however. It was last Monday and I played whichever two nines they weren't using for the LPGA event. Beautiful greens and GIANT 1st bounces of the tee. Being that I don't bomb the ball, I was lovin' the extra roll. I also stopped and said hello to just about everyone I saw at the tournament that was wearing something with a We-Ko-Pa logo on it, and they said we are in for a treat when we're there. They couldn't say enough good things about both courses. I also spent most mornings practicing at the TPC Champions range which was pricy, but super cool hitting balls and talking golf with Spivey.

I'm sorry, but no conversing with the enemy! lol jk

Cue Northerners quote

When I was in Orlando back in January, it was stupid cold.
It was around 32* - 46* and raining. I was wearing like 4 layers.

When I was in Orlando back in January, it was stupid cold.
It was around 32* - 46* and raining. I was wearing like 4 layers.

I don't get it. The cold here was significantly more bone chilling than the cold I'm use to. I guess it was the wind more so than anything else.

New drivers???? Jeez, this is truly epic.

I don't get it. The cold here was significantly more bone chilling than the cold I'm use to. I guess it was the wind more so than anything else.

And yet every year we hear the same thing. It's because of the moisture in the air.

And yet every year we hear the same thing. It's because of the moisture in the air.

Wind for sure but you're right that humidity just makes things down right COLD on what would otherwise be "cool" fronts.

Got my first round of the official golf season in today. I'm not quite back to where I was at the end of last year but I'm getting close. There's no doubt my game will be ready for May.

Wind for sure but you're right that humidity just makes things down right COLD on what would otherwise be "cool" fronts.
Good thing we're going to be heading to the desert in may. Lol

Good thing we're going to be heading to the desert in may. Lol

Haha. After I wrote that I immediately thought of withering away in 100deg summer Desert golf!! Bring it!

Enough weather talk, who's feeling good about their games?

I feel great with my long game. Need to refine the irons and practice some putting

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

At this point, I wouldn't really know. Haven't been able to swing any clubs recently. New baby on the way shortly as well

Back