Par 3 Contest - Augusta

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
I just got tickets unexpectedly to the Par 3 Contest Wednesday at Augusta. First time ever going. Anyone here ever gone? Any advice or recommendations? I'm beyond excited and want to make the most of it!

I just got tickets unexpectedly to the Par 3 Contest Wednesday at Augusta. First time ever going. Anyone here ever gone? Any advice or recommendations? I'm beyond excited and want to make the most of it!

I’ve been once, the last year that Palmer, Player and Nicklaus played it together. Get there early and put your chairs down. We sat on the hillside left of 8 and overlooking 9. There are probably better vantage points but I was able to nab a good spot there.

Enjoy. It’s a fun day.

Buy your chair, set it up on the par 3 course early so you can go walk the Big course and still have a seat. Enjoy the view no matter what!

Buy your chair, set it up on the par 3 course early so you can go walk the Big course and still have a seat. Enjoy the view no matter what!

I didn't know you could still walk the main course if you're attending the Par 3 Contest. That's awesome!

I didn't know you could still walk the main course if you're attending the Par 3 Contest. That's awesome!

Believe the cut off is noon or so. Could be wrong but I know it was the case prior since you’d see people walking in the background during ESPN interviews haha

Believe the cut off is noon or so. Could be wrong but I know it was the case prior since you’d see people walking in the background during ESPN interviews haha

You're correct. I've spent the morning researching a bit. Main entrance (souvenier, etc.) opens at 7am, course opens at 8am, Par 3 starts at noon (main course closes then).

The only rule that kills me is the bags. You can't have a bag or "back pack" bigger than 10 x 10 x 12. Pretty tiny bag... But other than this, I think I've got most of it figured out. Pretty happy they do the "check stands" for your souvenirs so you don't have to carry them around all day long.

You're correct. I've spent the morning researching a bit. Main entrance (souvenier, etc.) opens at 7am, course opens at 8am, Par 3 starts at noon (main course closes then).

The only rule that kills me is the bags. You can't have a bag or "back pack" bigger than 10 x 10 x 12. Pretty tiny bag... But other than this, I think I've got most of it figured out. Pretty happy they do the "check stands" for your souvenirs so you don't have to carry them around all day long.

Basically the size of a THP drawstring bag. I have no idea what you could even bring in them either

Basically the size of a THP drawstring bag. I have no idea what you could even bring in them either

Yeah my buddy that's going with me has a drawstring bag he's bringing. Throw our souvenir cups, keys, camera, etc in there.

Didn’t even know there was a South Gate haha.

I believe it’s between the range and first tee, it should be next to impossible to miss since it’s now a giant building of sorts.

Haha good deal

Back