Switching Irons JPX 919 forged?

Gregman55

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m really torn here about switching my irons, currently I’m playing Ping i e1’s (5-PW) with CFS regular shafts hit them pretty well, mostly center of the club face, my miss is mostly a thin shot sometimes. Well I’m have been looking and testing the Mizuno 919 forged irons with the LZ 5.5 shaft, the 5.5 seems to be a good fit. I hit them well off the turf because I refuse to judge anything off a mat, I like real world data. The JPX seemed to be just as forgiving as my Pings are and the same distance, misses are lost much in distance either. I’m a senior golfer here (63) but still in good shape. I’ve been testing also the HM but I like the look of the forged better. Any opinions or advice, thanks in advance. :bashful:

Play what you like or fits the eye. Nothing worse than trying to play an iron you don't like looking down on. Don't rule out the HM, maybe try the HM Pro might fit the eye test better.

There are the Hot Metal Pros too which are in between the forged and Hot Metal. The Pros have felt good so far for me. More compact than the normal hot metal.

I agree that you might want to consider the HM Pro's. I wish I had the game to bag the Forged or the Pro's.

Regarding mats vs. turf, I'm the same. When I was making the decisions between the JPX 919 HM's vs. Cobra F9's, and the proper shaft for the HM's, I only considered performance off turf. For whatever reason, I just struggle to hit properly off mats.

I agree that you might want to consider the HM Pro's. I wish I had the game to bag the Forged or the Pro's.

Regarding mats vs. turf, I'm the same. When I was making the decisions between the JPX 919 HM's vs. Cobra F9's, and the proper shaft for the HM's, I only considered performance off turf. For whatever reason, I just struggle to hit properly off mats.
With arthritis now in my hands it’s painful to hit any balls off a mat unless I tee it up. Still playing steel shafts.
I may be rethinking the forged and take a closer look at the HM. Hit it and had a nice flight and more forgiving than the forged.

Back