Your Favorite Hole From a THP Event

For me I think its a tie between #11 on Caledonia(just think its a great par 3) and #13 at Olde Stonewall (just such a great visual hole from the tee).
Was 13 that long par 3 that we both stuck great shots on?

Probably 18 on PGA National for me. Tough to choose, though.

Because I have such a self imposed personal connection with it, #1 on the RTJ Grand National Lakes course. And I made it my female dog on Sunday! haha

Im going to say yes lol but its an elevated tee with 13 bunkers lining the fairway, not very long with the elevation though. Its my computer background which I cant upload now because its on a 2hr update. Ill try to find the thread and upload a picture.

Im going to say yes lol but its an elevated tee with 13 bunkers lining the fairway, not very long with the elevation though. Its my computer background which I cant upload now because its on a 2hr update. Ill try to find the thread and upload a picture.
I really enjoyed the layout of that course. Was a blast to play it.

I've only been to one event and we played at the Cowboys Club. My favorite hole there is #4.

1980.jpg

Devil's Delight - Mission Inn
True Blue #18
Those are two very solid choices! That damn Devil's Delight will someday be my B&$#%

I almost have to say my favorite is the hole at Palmetto Dunes during Gauntlet 1 when I made this stupid hard breaking chutt and made Rhi drop F bombs.

I don't know what hole this is on True Blue, but I've been known to catch myself staring at this picture.
DSC00586.jpg

Olde Stonewall

IMG_6942_zpsaivzir5s.jpg

Lots of THP Events over the years, so for those that have attended one of the many, what is your favorite golf hole you have ever played at the event?

As soon as I get into one, I'll remember to post here. Hopefully this will be the year!

Every hole at the Hideaway, beyond that, there are a few at Caledonia that I really enjoyed.

I've only been to one THP event but Devils delight at EL Campeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me I think its a tie between #11 on Caledonia(just think its a great par 3) and #13 at Olde Stonewall (just such a great visual hole from the tee).

You hit a super solid tee shot on #11; I know my putt appreciated the placement.

For me, right now, I'm going with #1 at True Blue. There's just something about a group of THPers all gathering on the first tee for a team competition, and at a venue that has a lot of THP history. The nerves are real, but there's a lot of "Holy $@&t! We're really getting ready to do this!"

Most memorable was #1 at True Blue. The most nervous 2 tee shots of my life. But for some reason my favorite was 18 at TCI for Iowa stop.

I really enjoyed the layout of that course. Was a blast to play it.

Iirc 13 is a par 4 that goes up hill and as Gregg mentioned bunkers everywhere in the fairway and tall grass on the right side.

#2 on the RTJ Grand National Links course. Not only is it beautiful coming down to the lake but I sank a 50+ foot putt for net eagle. If the other 3 guys weren't standing around the hole I wouldn't have believed it went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fun split fairway. I think it was 14 or 15 on links where there were essentially 270 degrees of lake around the green. Picturesque.

18 at True Blue, 8 at Caledonia and 18 RTJ

I can't remember what hole number this was but it was a par 3 at Caledonia. I remember getting to the tee box and looking around and just taking in its beauty.

d1a203349c77d3fb0c5f445ed8f6d924.jpg

ac875199816bcc4cbd8073d2b0f8aa00.jpg

927130ac13849e11758db6160ba464dc.jpg

72f3b3971315f5969d58d71b111a85c5.jpg

#11 at Caledonia

You hit a super solid tee shot on #11; I know my putt appreciated the placement.

For me, right now, I'm going with #1 at True Blue. There's just something about a group of THPers all gathering on the first tee for a team competition, and at a venue that has a lot of THP history. The nerves are real, but there's a lot of "Holy $@&t! We're really getting ready to do this!"
#1 was my third choice for that exact reason, helps I put my approach to 3' even if the rest of the match didnt go our way lol. Also thats a giant fairway to help inspire confidence off the tee.

I can't remember what hole number this was but it was a par 3 at Caledonia. I remember getting to the tee box and looking around and just taking in its beauty.

d1a203349c77d3fb0c5f445ed8f6d924.jpg

ac875199816bcc4cbd8073d2b0f8aa00.jpg

927130ac13849e11758db6160ba464dc.jpg

72f3b3971315f5969d58d71b111a85c5.jpg

#11 at Caledonia

16th at Caledonia because you like hitting the other teams ball on the green from a bad position?
We just felt bad for you guys due to Rambler's little hot dog situation.

#4 and #18 at True Blue it is a tie for me. #4 setup so well for me and #18 is where memories are made

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#13 was a par 4. I think 14 and 15 were back to back par 3's. Here's #13.

Olde%20Stonewall%2013_zpsoqzqsmw3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We just felt bad for you guys due to Rambler's little hot dog situation.
I think we inspired you guys to do better over the weekend, must have been thinking "one guy looks like he might die and we still can close this out"

Back